PDA

View Full Version : How do you curb yourself from reading manga?

jsp
Fri, 04-29-2005, 07:36 AM
I dunno how much longer i can withstand the temptation of reading the manga! But it would be so nice jus to watch the anime alone. I feel that the moment you start to read manga, the thrill of watching the anime is gone. the anticipation is gone as well (though there ll be new anticipation for manga)

i still feel that new release of anime is better than new release of manga. of course, this is my personal feeling as this was what i experienced with Naruto. Stopped reading the manga already.. but guess it would be a long long time before the anime series catch up to the point where i stopped.

basey44
Fri, 04-29-2005, 07:52 AM
read it read it read it read it read it read it read it read it read it read it read it read it read it read it read it read it read it read it read it read it read it read it read it read it read it read it read it read it read it read it read it read it read it read it read it read it read it read it

read it, its good i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

jsp
Fri, 04-29-2005, 07:59 AM
i would like to.. i almost can't stand it.. once a week anime release is really long! argh.. so trying to divert my attention to other animes now.. however, IMO, bleach is still the best ard.. (well.. naruto anime lost a bit of appeal to me because of the manga already). bleach is really goooooood. haha. i love the anime.

DeluxSkillz
Fri, 04-29-2005, 09:06 AM
bleach manga is teh pwnzorz

Ryllharu
Fri, 04-29-2005, 10:06 AM
The manga of Bleach is just as good as the anime and in turn the anime is just as good as the manga. Earlier on, it is superior just from little additons here and there, but not by a lot. Don't deprive yourself, read it all in a lump, wait (if you can), then read another lump.

That's how I deal with Naruto.

Masamune
Fri, 04-29-2005, 11:53 AM
reading the manga , made me in my case long for the anime even more.

jsp
Fri, 04-29-2005, 12:12 PM
I feel personally that though manga is more original.. it can't compare to the visual/audio entertainment that you get when u watch anime. The thrill of a new episode; the anticipation of new characters, new powers and new fighting stances/scenarios that it brings. I would love to read the manga, but i cant bear to lose this anticipation. haha.

oh.. and.. where can i get the manga in one whole chunk? (btw, is this a prohibited qn?) sorry if this is. i ll delete away this part of the post if it is.

Aeon
Fri, 04-29-2005, 04:14 PM
I just ignore the fact that there is even a manga for Bleach. Or for that matter any show that I'm watching that has a manga. Only time I'll ever start to read one is when the show ends before it's supposed to(Inuyasha/Gantz). Plus seeing things animated in color>still shot's in black/white.

2:25
Fri, 04-29-2005, 04:27 PM
hahaha, I totally agree with you jsp. I read the Naruto manga and the anime ended up being not as good to me.
I'm debating if I should start reading the Bleach manga myself. It's tempting.

Mut
Fri, 04-29-2005, 05:15 PM
The manga obliterates the anime. Go read it or die.

kAi
Fri, 04-29-2005, 05:57 PM
what mut said.

but also I'm always waiting for the next chapter of Bleach and can't wait, and I anxiously await the anime also.
I don't think the manga takes anything away from the anime, I think they work well together.

Roko
Fri, 04-29-2005, 06:58 PM
I just say to myself: Now then, I've spoiled myself with Naruto. No need to do that with Bleach.
Then I restrain myself from downloading the manga. easy as that, although you may have to punch yourself a few times... i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Eurasian
Fri, 04-29-2005, 08:19 PM
Personally I enjoy the anime even though I read the manga but if you really don't want to spoil it for yourself then you shouldn't read other's advice (the "go read it" ones). You would just want to read it more.

jsp
Fri, 04-29-2005, 10:30 PM
looks like everyone has their own views on reading the manga. i couldnt resist the temptation once (with naruto), and did spoil the anime abit.. (imo) i really would wanna keep bleach as fresh as it is. therefore, i suppose i won't read the manga.

well.. everyone has his/her own views and satisfaction he/she gets when exploring the series. mine would be to jus stick to anime and patiently wait for new episodes, then enjoy it.. meantime, come into the forum, chat about possibilities of bleach development (though anime is slower, so we do end up like small kids discussing past events, but i would pretend that bleach is only up to the part that anime has shown so far. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif) and share different views bout it.

ohh.. main thing to note, further advices asking me to read the manga would be unnecessary, as i can decide if i wanna read the manga. thank you though. however, i would like to hear the views of reading the manga though.. really no tinge of regret? (hehe) and arguements arising from whether to read or not to read manga would be totally uncalled for.

thank you for sharing your views. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif
bleach!

Ryllharu
Fri, 04-29-2005, 11:28 PM
No regret at all. I thought the series might lose something to the manga, but so far, there have been absolutely no losses between the two. The stuff added for the series (Music, awesome VO, some of the brief animated sequences added that weren't there) improves and balances out the stuff cut from the manga. Unlike most series where I read the manga first, I actually enjoy the differences between the two.

jsp
Sat, 04-30-2005, 12:15 AM
that's something new. true. i would expect the anime to add more "features" to the series. but i enjoy it when the anime delivers the full package to me.

to me, it's almost like someone telling me the story and i watch the movie afterwards. then i would prefer that someone not to tell me the story, so i can enjoy the suspense and thrill the movie can deliver along with it's enhanced features. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif i guess i would still read the manga. after the anime that is. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif so i can too, enjoy the differences. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

KameronFrye
Sat, 04-30-2005, 02:13 AM
I like the week-to-week of not knowing what's going to happen next in Bleach, which is how I avoid reading the manga. Gives me something to do on Saturday, along with One Piece. Naruto and I are on hiatus right now due to the whole thing with Sasuke/Itachi history, which I can't say I care about in comparison to the Soul Society raid that's going on. Plus, Kung Fu Hustle is helping me out tomorrow with the hiatus.

DeluxSkillz
Sat, 04-30-2005, 02:34 AM
i suggest you read up to where you left of with the anime, because they have left out lots of funny scenes etc that you really don't want to miss this way your not spoiling anything and you still get to read the manga, just a suggestion

jsp
Sat, 04-30-2005, 08:13 AM
kameronFrye: ohhh.. talking bout the naruto (itachi/sasuke history).. that's really long.. haha. cant wait for the anime to hit on the manga part.. haha.

DeluxSkillz: that's one good suggestion. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif hmmm.. funny scenes. hehe. nice idea. thanks for the idea.