PDA

View Full Version : Is Naruto to strong?

r2d2
Fri, 04-29-2005, 12:41 AM
Naruto is my favorite character so it hurts to say this, but I hate that they have made him so strong so fast. Others have trained non-stop day in and day out for years straight. (Lee, Neji)&. traded their soul away for power (Sasuke)..Or had their soul stolen to be made into the perfect weapon of war (Gaara) Yet Naruto is stronger than all of them.

Naruto can do unlimited training because he has unlimited charka, and he doesnt need to worry about getting hurt because he revealed that no matter how badly he gets damaged the wounds are all healed by morning. Also if he is ever in a pinch he can just call on the demon fox, or the demon fox in fear for its life will release power. We all know Naruto trains and trains, and is stubborn about everything, but with all his tomfoolery and misbehaving he didnt do anywhere near as much training as others, also when he sets his mind to training he doesnt have any of the limitations that the others do.

Naruto can train all night.. pass out& wake up& train& pass out.. wake up.. train. Etc etc Everyone else would die& I.E Sasuke can use chidori twice& 1&2 all out of charka& If he tried to do it again he could die.. Naruto gets the overfill effect from the Demon-fox so he could probably do it like 8 times, and then if he tried to do it again he would be fine because the demon fox wouldnt let its host die. On top of that he could forcibly take chakra from the demon fox and do it an unlimited number of times. Then the whole fact that Naruto can use demon-fox chakra to summon gambuta. So imagine fighting off one of the strongest summons.. and the strongest being to ever exist& the demon-fox..

I guess I just dont like the direction they Took Naruto as a character. I wanted him to get strong, but not by instantly gaining strength like Sasuke did. Calling out the demon fox is just as lame as Sasuke pulling out the Seal, and I hate Sasuke so for me to make that comparison you know its bad... Its like they gave Naurto all of Gaaras strength and all of a curse sealed Sasukes strength without any of the weaknesses.

I want the old prankster who won battles with clever plans and learned from every fight.. Not this husk of a deformed character that controls the most powerful being to ever exist, and leeches power off it. Id like to see Naruto square off vs the nine fox and defeat him. That would be good vindication for him. Granted that would end the series.. So, I would rather some more team 7 missions first.

Its just we all knew Naruto had potential to be the strongest, why did they have to give him SSJ, and ruin it?

Thought I would get your opinions I did a search for posts like this couldnt find one, but Im sure with the admins tyrannical rule here if there is one they will lock this and ban me.

Mut
Fri, 04-29-2005, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by: r2d2
Thought I would get your opinions I did a search for posts like this couldnt find one, but Im sure with the admins tyrannical rule here if there is one they will lock this and ban me.
What...

RULES????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????
You can't possibly expect people to follow them. I mean, they're nothing but RULES.

Anyway, Naruto is lame. I almost like Rock Lee more than Naruto now. I hate the way Naruto fights, the way he acts, the way he looks, I just hate how he turned out. I don't really give a shit about him going SSJ, it doesn't bother me. Plenty of people are doing it already so I just deal with it. I just don't like Naruto as a main character.

Y
Fri, 04-29-2005, 12:54 AM

You are a fucking idiot.

Sam98034
Fri, 04-29-2005, 04:25 AM
As far as I can tell Naruto didn't just get super strong. He is just as strong as he was in the very first arc vs. Haku + he can use Rasengan and summons now.

He was capable of doing the summons and Rasengan in the first arc as well in my opinion, he just didn't practice them yet and improve on his chakra control. Naruto didn't just get super strong, he's been strong the whole damn time.

The only thing that Naruto has really done is learn to control his strength a little. Am I wrong??

And I agree with you. I don't like how Naruto's character stopped being "smart" or "creative" this arc. He hasn't been "#1 in surprising anyone" he just does exactly what we think he's gonna do. But let's say he didn't use the red chakra.
Let's say that Naruto kicked Sasuke lvl 2's ass by outsmarting him and doing something clever without ever going SSJ as you would put it (still hoping this might happen). What would happen??

"This is bullshit, Naruto should have just used the Kyubi power and kicked his butt, it was pointless for him to have done that."
"Why won't Naruto use Kyubi already to beat him"
"Sooo unrealistic, he could have beat him a long time ago if he was *really* trying."

LobsterMagnet
Fri, 04-29-2005, 01:51 PM
What do you mean that Naruto is to strong? There are many different characters who can own his ass very easily. I honestly think that I naruto fought Garra a second time he'd probably lose. Thats just one of many characters who could hand his ass to him.

I do understand your complaints about the lack of creativity in Naruto's fighting that has not be present in the recent story arcs but honestly I this final culminating arc with the naruto vs. sasuke fight them emphasis is less on the actual fight itself and placed more on it's signifigance to the story.

Naruto has also matured considerably from when the series started out so he dosen't really need to rely on pranks for his tactics anymore. The whole series involves him confronting problems and dilemmas in his own way, or better yet defining his way of the ninja. Out of all the characters in the series he's the only one whose really following his own path and pursueing his dream. If you really want to see a difference go back and watch naruto in episode 2 or 3 and then go back and rewatch 132. Then try to tell me there is no difference or character development.

One last final comment so far Naruto has been pretty good about not overusing the kyubi. I the whole series so far I think he's only used it maybe five or six times. As opposed to powering up for every battle.

Darkcarnage
Fri, 04-29-2005, 02:10 PM
hmm this is where i agree and yet also dissagree

naruto is pretty damn strong and high potenal. how ever he has been train every day when nto eatting ot sleeping form waht i can tell. he get a good boost cause he heals up over ngiht and go back train in full force teh next day. how ever i do not think naruto could ever use teh full power of the demon fox. a simple reason is cuase no matter how tough or srong he gets he is only human his body i would think if you pump a huge amount of chakra through him it break donw from stress(didn't kakashi or perverted hermit say somehting about his teh demon fox chakra was sealed up to pevent damage to his body, that why naruto not glowing red 24/4)

now naruto gained extra charka from teh dmeon fox that true and the rapid healing also a great skill if you a fight/ninja. i think naruto only gone full demon fox mode 4 times(haku,oro fight, kimimaro's and eps 132 fight) and called on it chakra 3 other times(summon traing and the fail one when shark man used his sword, and last against garra for teh deadly head butt lol)

how ever a few char kimimaro for exaple kicked anruto ass in udner liek 2 mins while wiping out 100+ shadow clone in now time. he did not even land agood hit .

as a side not naruto ahnd to ahdn skills seem like they not advance at all he does a simple kciks and punches, everyone else seemt o ahve much more complex or advance skill in taht department. naruto also seem 0 gen-jutus and ony good skill are like 3-6 nin-jutus he knows (sexy,harm,change, heng, shadows sclones, clones, regensan, sorry if i missed one or 2) not granted he know his skill the few he does know pretty well :-)

side not i seen a few times when ninja used only 1 hand seal or none, seemt o me if you do a move alot(like shadows clone for naruto) he only sued the last seal and not teh whole long train of them, oro endless life skill he did wiht 0 ahnd seal, or am i see things?

a_odessey
Mon, 05-02-2005, 08:12 PM
i guess kishimoto just got tired of thinking harder.

but i really agree with u. he just suddenly gets much stronger. but then again, everyone else had a head start before him and then suddenly he just figures out the power of kyuubi. so it kinda makes sense. but all in all, he's stronger than most of the genins, but some (like gaara), just, not really. mostly, he just underestimated naruto.

Assertn
Mon, 05-02-2005, 08:18 PM
i like how he plays the "if im banned then i win because i knew it would happen" card, just to save him the effort of trying to follow rules

a_odessey: you dont think perchance.....
that sasuke recieves a curse seal to give him power like naruto's seal.......
that naruto recieves the rasengan as an assination jutsu like the chidori.......
that kishimoto most likely planned this fight out since the very beginning??

DarthEnderX
Tue, 05-03-2005, 04:38 AM
Yeah man, Naruto sure is lucky to have gotten that awsome demon power in him thats made him lonely and depressed for the first 11 years of his life!

But I do agree that Naruto's fights are starting to get boring. I think its because he sucks at Taijitsu, which in other people's fights gives you something interesting to watch between set pieces of ninjitsu moves. Plus he hasn't done anything clever in awhile like in his fights against Neji and Zabuza. Those were pretty much the highlights of his career so far. When he wins through tickery rather than just busting out awsome power.

Aramis
Tue, 05-03-2005, 06:42 AM
he's just lucky. a stab in the heart kills naruto.

Hakeem_21
Tue, 05-03-2005, 07:27 AM
Aramis that can be said about every characther in Naruto i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Marks
Tue, 05-03-2005, 07:28 AM
I'd say Naruto is the stongest of all genins, including Gaara. He can summon Gamabunta AND be in hardcore NTFM (Nine Tail Fox Mode) at the same time.

?igma
Tue, 05-03-2005, 07:39 AM
Actualy one follows another, he cant summon Gamabunta without that chakra.

Darkcarnage
Tue, 05-03-2005, 09:09 AM
?igma correct naruto needs the demon fox's chakra(but not full demon fox mode) to summon Gamabunta.

i gotten bored enough to count how many times each one happned.. i need a new hobbie,

Draon
Tue, 05-03-2005, 10:37 AM
I agree that Narutos hand to hand plain out sucks, last good hand to hand he did was during the Chuunin exam when he blatently copied Sasukes 'Lion Combo' though he did add some personal changes. I think that after this arc is over they will start working on Narutos skills, least thats what i think if the movie is any indication. And after watching the series from the begining i think Naruto should know alot more ninjitus than hes actually used from the amount of scrolls scattered around his room in early episodes.

Terracosmo
Tue, 05-03-2005, 11:48 AM
"Anyway, Naruto is lame. I almost like Rock Lee more than Naruto now. I hate the way Naruto fights, the way he acts, the way he looks, I just hate how he turned out. I don't really give a shit about him going SSJ, it doesn't bother me. Plenty of people are doing it already so I just deal with it. I just don't like Naruto as a main character."

Fucking word, Mut.

But what to say? He's the main character of a shounen series. Naturally he'll be unnaturally strong and win despite the fact that he shouldn't be able to... *cough Naruto vs Neji cough plot device cough fucking kishimoto cough*

SK
Tue, 05-03-2005, 01:38 PM
Wrong

Darkcarnage
Tue, 05-03-2005, 03:13 PM
i hoe they teach naruto some more skill it be nice to see a diffent move or use for a move at lest, or lord forbid he learn to use regansen wiht only using one ahnd some year soon lol.

for teh scrolls around naruto room. i think they like his notes/text books from somewhere, maybe his school days or some libary, i dout he studied jutus that much. naruto does nto strike me a " read to learn " kind of guy he hit me as a more see and learn through pratice type :-)

for pure guts i vote lee as a bad ass he come so far wiht only on skill to him and does ti damn well :-) hinata my fav char thought of teh females right now. if sakura got stronger or did somethign great soon i might like her but so far she jsut a by stander since the exam. hell if she threw i punch i be happy lol

Hakeem_21
Tue, 05-03-2005, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo
"Anyway, Naruto is lame. I almost like Rock Lee more than Naruto now. I hate the way Naruto fights, the way he acts, the way he looks, I just hate how he turned out. I don't really give a shit about him going SSJ, it doesn't bother me. Plenty of people are doing it already so I just deal with it. I just don't like Naruto as a main character."

Fucking word, Mut.

But what to say? He's the main character of a shounen series. Naturally he'll be unnaturally strong and win despite the fact that he shouldn't be able to... *cough Naruto vs Neji cough plot device cough fucking kishimoto cough*

You cant forget about that fight cant you i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Deblas
Tue, 05-03-2005, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by: Y The Alien

You are a fucking idiot.

Stop being the fucking retard you are and actually contribute something to this thread.

-To me it seems obvious that Naruto got very strong. For starters he's the main character,and he has demon sealed inside him for god sakes, and he has the ability to release. That alone tells us that he freakishly strong. And besides, Its common to see in anime that the main character has something special in him that makes him the strongest or develops to be the strongest.

Draon
Wed, 05-04-2005, 09:57 AM
Actually DarkCarnage Naruto is the 'Read to Learn' type if you remember the whole Scroll of Sealing bit in the begining of the series. But i do believe hes not the type to take notes at all, either read or see to learn but notes??? too lame for Naruto.

DarthEnderX
Wed, 05-04-2005, 02:10 PM
On the subject of Naruto sucking at Taijitsu, you know what he SHOULD do? He should have Kiba teach him his style of taijitsu. Kiba is very experience fighting in his beastman form that is almost just like when Naruto foxes out, only without all the power. I think it would be awsome if Naruto was able to do Tsuga's in Demon Fox mode!

tsumetai
Fri, 05-06-2005, 11:23 AM
naruto is not strong at all
we haven't seen akatsuki fight him yet. if itachi can at least equal jiraiya, and itachi not being the strongest akatsuki, then naruto is ultra weak.

also naruto trains hard, and theres no way he will be able to continually win fights by fluke (ie - farting in kiba's nose). how would he be able to become hokage like that? personally, i like naruto stronger rather than ebisu-like

heero
Sat, 05-07-2005, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by: Aramis
he's just lucky. a stab in the heart kills naruto.

Originally posted by: tsumetai
naruto is not strong at all
we haven't seen akatsuki fight him yet. if itachi can at least equal jiraiya, and itachi not being the strongest akatsuki, then naruto is ultra weak.

also naruto trains hard, and theres no way he will be able to continually win fights by fluke (ie - farting in kiba's nose). how would he be able to become hokage like that? personally, i like naruto stronger rather than ebisu-like

"luck is also part of strength" -Gai and Lee, episode 127-128
Itachi and big sword chakra eating guy ran from Jiraiya when they tried to take Naruto. Therefore: Jiraiya > Itachi

Terracosmo
Sat, 05-07-2005, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by: Hakeem_21

Originally posted by: Terracosmo

Fucking word, Mut.

You cant forget about that fight cant you

In a word, nope. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Darkcarnage
Mon, 05-09-2005, 08:28 AM
Therefore: Jiraiya > Itachi

i mgiht disagree with that then again at the time itachi did not think naruto was worht getting when he ran off to rest. itachi seem to being carfule about thing and advoids pointless or fight that can leave injuuries that him and shark man do not need to get(like back in leaf village he could fo killed all them if he wanted to but it was not worth the effort)

that true he ddi read the sahdow clone skill i take that but since then i not seen him sit down and learn a move since that time. you think he try for the fobbin scroll again some day maybe and learn something new. took all his time wiht it jsut to learn the shadow clone skill which was the first one in the scrolll

Draon
Mon, 05-09-2005, 09:46 AM
very true DarkCarnage but that is also when his chakra control was ultra weak, with his refined skill and the added Kyuubi power i think he could do more then a few chuunin or even Juunin level ninjitsus by now and probably a few more of the forbidden scroll of sealing now. but i think he needs abit more taijitsu training aswell maybe even genjitsu.

Darkcarnage
Mon, 05-09-2005, 10:21 AM
well the shadow clone skill is juuin lvl skill. then again even wiht naruto crappy chakra skill he able to amke many of them, but he gotten much better control so he not wasting any as much as he used to.

i agree tai-jutus should be somethign he works on soon, cuase i agree his skill there blow pubnch kick and jsut lately his naruto combo and that about the limit of his skills. he shoudl try to lean like saskue varations of those moves or maybe go and ask lee for help lol. thought one person said kiba be a better fighting style for him maybe ? if kimimaru not dead i say him he was very good :-)