PDA

View Full Version : The New and Improved Looney Toons

LobsterMagnet
Thu, 04-28-2005, 12:27 PM
This is so bad I couldn't come up with something worse even if I tried. Click the links to find out exactly what I mean and do yourself a favor and click the video link within the article.

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/6989380/

Turkish-S
Thu, 04-28-2005, 12:48 PM
i think i remember another topic about this. this has already been discussed.
EDIT: ow damn yeah it was on another forum srry...
nah i like the oldscool they all look the same the new one's.

Aeon
Thu, 04-28-2005, 12:56 PM
I actually don't see anything the matter with them.

Assertn
Thu, 04-28-2005, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by: turkish-shikamaru
i think i remember another topic about this. this has already been discussed.

um...no it hasnt?

Foomanchew24
Thu, 04-28-2005, 01:11 PM
they look evil.....not sure if thats the direction they should go. Cool looking would be fine but as said these guys look evil. Don't think it will last long....we will see though i guess.

2:25
Thu, 04-28-2005, 01:12 PM
holy shit...nooooooooooooooo, I want the old looney tunes back :<
and where's tweety in that pic?

Souryusen
Thu, 04-28-2005, 01:14 PM
I'm under the impression that those characters are only going to be used for that "Loonatics" show.

LobsterMagnet
Thu, 04-28-2005, 01:34 PM
Whats not wrong with them? Whats not wrong with them? Didn't any of you read the article. It takes place 700 years in the future and they all have supers powers!! Bugs bunny is now buzz bunny and he has martial arts and lazer eyes.

If something is not fucked up with that I don't know what is. I mean common these are classic characters now there more EXTREME for the internet/anime generation. This is a horrible idea, it sounds like some kind of simpsons or family guy parady but it's not it's an honest to god real show. if you need a further argument for how bad of an idea this is the informative flash animation does a great job of pointing out just about everything that is wrong with the new loony toons, or should I say loonatics.

http://gorillamask.net/extremebugs.shtml

SK
Thu, 04-28-2005, 01:53 PM
retarted

Knives122
Thu, 04-28-2005, 02:31 PM
what the hell did they do to them, the original creators are rolling over in their graves now

this is just horrible

Death BOO Z
Thu, 04-28-2005, 02:54 PM
well i can imagine a line from it...
"I'm hunting a wubbit... but not in order to eat it or to protect my crops from it, I'm hunting a wubbit to test my new destruction laser gun, which i built not for self protection against orgnaized crime, but for shooting at innocent bystanders who happen to stick thier heads up above my fence... or happen to walk out at the streets in nightime!"

Assertn
Thu, 04-28-2005, 03:03 PM
i'll give it about half a season

LobsterMagnet
Thu, 04-28-2005, 03:27 PM
Best we can hope for is that it should die a quick painful death. This is like that episode from the simpsons where they introduce poochy to itchy and scartchy only magnified by a 100. These are classic characters they don't need extreme high tech make overs.

Here's a list of the characters and their respective abilities.

Buzz: Team leader with laser and martial arts expertise
Duck: Weapons expert with built-in sonar
Roadster: Super speed
Spaz: Team muscle with jaws of steel
Lexi: Disguise expert with super hearing
Slick: Vehicles and surveillance; regeneration abilities

God how I yearn for the days of fun and intelligent children's televsision. Like animaniacs and pinky and the brain. Also by any chance have any of you seen the new dumbed down batman animated series?

PSJ
Thu, 04-28-2005, 03:46 PM
wow this looks incredibly stupid. the flash was damn funny tho. havent seen new batman but i have seen a worse new version of turtles, they seem to rape all good shows these days.

LobsterMagnet
Thu, 04-28-2005, 03:59 PM
I actually didn't think that the new turtles remake isn't that bad. I kinda liked the direction they took. Although the batman is just really really dumb. The old batman cartoons from the early 90's were great and created a accurate portrayal that didn't compromise the characters integrity. In the new batman all of the complex moral dilemas are more or less glossed over. They even have a reimagined rastafarian joker. Generally it just sucks but when it comes to suckitude I think that this new reimagining of loony toons is going to take the cake.

Terracosmo
Thu, 04-28-2005, 04:11 PM
I saw that flash long ago, didn't know back then that it was poking fun of these designs...

"You wanna know what's up doc? My cock in your ass!"

Assassin
Thu, 04-28-2005, 10:22 PM
and this is supposed to be a childrens show?? the damn things look like they work for satan!

no wonder todays kids are all fucked up.....and they're blamming video games, pfft!

LobsterMagnet
Fri, 04-29-2005, 09:51 AM
Yeah it's kinda sad how bad some of the shows targeted towards children are these days. Another sad thing is that power rangers is still continuing to this very day spawning new incarnations. I think there on there tenth incarnation by now. Grrr I miss the intelligent children shows there were produced by steven spielberg in the early 90'. They were extremely well written and filled with all kinds of great humor that in many ways puts alot of other primetime sitcoms to shame. There were also some really good super hero shows such as the batman and superman shows. Only piece left of really good children's television is probably the justice league IMHO.

Assassin
Sat, 04-30-2005, 05:11 PM
we need some tom and jerry for these kids....best cartoon EVER!

Jman
Sat, 04-30-2005, 08:16 PM
AWFUL

Sun, 05-01-2005, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by: LobsterMagnet
Another sad thing is that power rangers is still continuing to this very day spawning new incarnations. I think there on there tenth incarnation by now.

Wow...power rangers are still in @__@
I know that they did a modernized version of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles last year or something.

Death BOO Z
Sun, 05-01-2005, 03:09 PM
well, at least the new TNMT is half decent, espically when compared to the new batman, spider man and X-man...
at least it's half funny and has ninjas in it, Batman has the joker as a clown, spider man looks like a computer puked him out, and X man is a high-school cartoon, and they totally wrecked most of the charecters.

LobsterMagnet
Sun, 05-01-2005, 04:23 PM
Yes it is true power rangers is still going on to this very day. Here's guide/list of every variation that has been produced.

-Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers: Season 1 (93-94)
An interdimensional being named Zordon chooses five teenagers with attitude to morph into powerful warriors drawn from the spirit of dinosaurs, protecting the world from the forces of space witch Rita Repulsa with the use of their giant transforming robots, known as Zords.

-Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers: Season 2 (94-95)
When Rita's boss Lord Zedd takes over, the now-six Rangers gain new Thunder-powered Zords.

-Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers: Season 3 (95-96).
Rita's brother Rito Revolto destroys the Thunderzords, leading the six teens to seek out new ninja-spirit power and Zords from the ancient sage Ninjor.

(includes the mini-series Mighty Morphin' Alien Rangers, where the Ranger teens are turned into children, leaving a new team from the waterworld of Aquitar to assist in fending off the forces of Rita & Rito's father, Master Vile).

-Power Rangers Zeo (1996)
Now with a wholly new and more powerful source in the ancient Zeo Crystal, the five teens face the robotic menace of the Machine Empire.

-Power Rangers Turbo (1997)
Evil Space Pirate Divatox seeks revenge against the five teens, who're now powered by the swiftness of Turbo.

-Power Rangers In Space (1998)
Four former Turbo teens meet up with a human from another planet, teaming up to scour the universe in an attempt to save Zordon from the galactic conqueror Dark Specter and his chosen heir, Astronema.

-Power Rangers Lost Galaxy (1999)
Five young adults, part of the space colony of Terra Venture, find their destiny in another galaxy on their voyage to a new world, while taking on an army of evil aliens.

-Power Rangers Lightspeed Rescue (2000)
A secret government agency gives five young adults the power to rescue Mariner Bay from demons bent on reclaiming their homeland.

-Power Rangers Time Force (2001)
Four police officers come back in time from the year 3000, and gain a member from modern day, while chasing the evil mutant Ransik and his criminal gang.

-Power Rangers Wild Force (2002)
Five young adults use the power of Wildzords to protect the Earth from Master Org and his pollutionous followers.

-Power Rangers Ninja Storm (2003)
Three teen ninjas in training protect Blue Bay Harbor from Lothor and his evil space ninjas.

-Power Rangers DinoThunder (2004)
Three high-schoolers and their teacher, the legendary Tommy Oliver, use the power of dinosaurs to combat Mesogog's forces.

-Power Rangers S.P.D. (2005)
Fifteen years in the future, a group of three cadets from the Ranger Academy of the Space Patrol Delta force, are joined by two rookies, against an invading alien army.

Lefty
Mon, 05-02-2005, 03:37 AM
I feel like my child hood has been raped and sodimized for the imdiate gradification of the WB. God those 'things' look god awful>

GhostKaGe
Mon, 05-02-2005, 06:46 AM
what are they thinking they look like batman rejects

look what they've done to Taz

i order the imediate execution of those involved in the murder of these classic toons

basey44
Mon, 05-02-2005, 07:11 AM
lol yay power rangers, i used to watch them wen i was a little tyke, ah back in the days of season one, the red ranger was the collest cos he had the tyrannosaurus i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif then he left and me and my mates were shattered and stopped watching soon after

PSJ
Mon, 05-02-2005, 07:31 AM
power rangers aws cool when they still were called mighty morphin' i think i saw like season 1 and 2 before it got banned from swedish television, some mothers complained about the violence.

basey44
Mon, 05-02-2005, 07:39 AM
yea psj those were the days, i likes how wen they were shot or something sparks came off their chests and they would all do a falling over flippy thing at the same time, lol cant believe i remeber some of this shit

Assertn
Mon, 05-02-2005, 10:26 AM
apparently the power rangers eps were all a hybrid of japanese and english live action.....
anytime they were wearing their uniforms, it was the original footage from japan. Anytime they werent in their suits and went about their everyday teenage drama, it was newer footage spliced in from america. I guess that explained the weird way they always exaggerrated their movements whenever they got shot up by monsters (japanese were never known for their live action)

PSJ
Mon, 05-02-2005, 11:03 AM
hhahahah i didnt know that, but for some reason when they are in their suits you never see a human face, its just those weird grey things and then the monster of the episode.

Mon, 05-02-2005, 11:14 AM
Maybe for some stunt men, although, I don't remember if they need any....

edit: opps, I misread. There's no human face underneath?

Psyke
Mon, 05-02-2005, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
apparently the power rangers eps were all a hybrid of japanese and english live action.....
anytime they were wearing their uniforms, it was the original footage from japan. Anytime they werent in their suits and went about their everyday teenage drama, it was newer footage spliced in from america. I guess that explained the weird way they always exaggerrated their movements whenever they got shot up by monsters (japanese were never known for their live action)

Yup I realised it the first time I saw the Power Rangers. Pretty obvious, as the US filmed sequences had minor differences in the ranger suits, for eg. a fatter Red Ranger, side metal catches on the helmets, brighter colours, etc. Some times the producers even went as far as include the non action scenes from the original Jap shows, but they were usually careful enough to hide the Japanese people's faces away from the camera.

Assertn
Mon, 05-02-2005, 11:25 AM
the stunt men for the power rangers and monsters were completely covered

however i guess Rita is the only japanese actor that isnt replaced with an english version and isnt completely covered, since she actually participates in the fights sometimes. That's why she looks dubbed over when you see her talk

Psyke, the only way you would've noticed that was if you were older than 10 when you watched power rangers.......is this true??

Psyke
Mon, 05-02-2005, 11:34 AM
I think I was around 12. Well I still watch Ultraman Nexus nowadays and other sentai/toku stuff ocasionally.
But I think I've had enough of the US made stuff....... not to say they are horrid but they lose the feel of the original Japanese versions.

PSJ
Mon, 05-02-2005, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by: 2-25
Maybe for some stunt men, although, I don't remember if they need any....

edit: opps, I misread. There's no human face underneath?

no they all wear masks all the time while the rangers are in their suits, if i remember correctly anyway it was a loooooong time ago.

GhostKaGe
Tue, 05-03-2005, 05:07 AM
i only ever watched power rangers because of the pink ranger i had this thing for her when i was like 10

Death BOO Z
Tue, 05-03-2005, 02:51 PM
well, since this topic has turned to all cartoons topic, i'll post a question here instead of openning a new topic.
how does magneto (x-men) fly? i always thought that he was using magnetic force to repel him from the ground, but my brother suggested today that he flies by wearing the metal suit and picking it (and himself) using his powers....
so, who is right? or is there a secret number 3 answer?

Mut
Tue, 05-03-2005, 02:58 PM
Since when did Magneto need an explanation as to how he can fly? Magneto needs no such thing.

Deblas
Tue, 05-03-2005, 03:11 PM
Magneto sucks anyway. Cable's the man.

Death BOO Z
Wed, 05-04-2005, 05:38 PM
well, i'll agree that cable is much cooler than magneto, But magneto is still one of the best villians in X-men, and plus, he's jew so i'm biased towards him.

so, speaking of Cable, was he a mutant or not? I never read the comic and i had only a few seasons of the cartoon to base my knowledge upon. I saw him appearing three times, once when he was trying to stop bishop from changing the history, once when he saved Gambit (one of my favorites) in Genova island, and once when fighting Acoplypse in the future, they never mentioned what exactly was he...