PDA

View Full Version : Gundam Seed Destiny Astray

Curium
Wed, 04-27-2005, 11:14 AM
I was on Tokyo Tosho earlier and found this. It obviously takes place after the other Astray Mangas (Astray, Astray R, Astray B, Astray X), but it has some interesting stuff in it. I would recommend it.

Destiny Astray Volume 1 (http://www.zeonic-corps.net/[Zeonic-Corps.net]DESTINY_ASTRAY_V01-Version1.0.zip_.torrent)

NomoZ
Wed, 04-27-2005, 07:29 PM
Sweet thanks!

PTX-003C
Wed, 04-27-2005, 10:06 PM
astray out frame looks weird tho....

Psyke
Thu, 04-28-2005, 05:15 AM
It looked much better as a model kit in the mags. Too bad they don't sell it.....

Curium
Thu, 04-28-2005, 05:20 AM
Originally posted by: Psyke
It looked much better as a model kit in the mags. Too bad they don't sell it.....

Can you post an image of it?

Psyke
Thu, 04-28-2005, 05:34 AM
Sure thing, but I can only do so maybe tomorrow night when I get home......

PSJ
Thu, 04-28-2005, 09:58 AM
so is there a place where you can get ahold of the other astray mangas?

Guardian_2000
Thu, 04-28-2005, 03:52 PM
Its called Amazon or Barnes & Noble for a few of them. Don't be so cheap.

You can get Astray and Astray R

PSJ
Fri, 04-29-2005, 09:51 AM
well im not rich and cant pay 20 bucks + shipment for a manga. barnes and noble, im guessing that is an american book store. well as long as you dont move over here and set one up i probably wont visit one. i dont live in america and it costs hell of alot to import manga.

Psyke
Fri, 04-29-2005, 11:05 AM
Ok here are the pics of the Astray Outframe. Notice in the last picture it's using the Aile Striker.

http://img174.echo.cx/img174/2435/astray1aq.jpg

http://img174.echo.cx/img174/6926/astray17cw.jpg

http://img174.echo.cx/img174/968/astray25eo.jpg

Turkish-S
Fri, 04-29-2005, 11:18 AM
he's behind is bud ugly..

Psyke
Fri, 04-29-2005, 10:40 PM
If you see carefully the model can't even stand on it's own due to the weight of the backpack. It needed a transparent stand to help support or else it will topple. But I do like the design of the head and it has it's own Sky Grasper and Aile Striker unit.

Deblas
Fri, 04-29-2005, 11:39 PM
So what is this seed destiny Astray, Astray, Astray R, etc. about.

Curium
Sat, 04-30-2005, 03:40 AM
Originally posted by: Deblas
So what is this seed destiny Astray, Astray, Astray R, etc. about.

There are some Spoilers here. I tried to keep it to a minimum with a couple of exceptions.

It is a side story that takes place through out the SEED and now Destiny series'. Basically, Orb was stealing tech from the 5 Gundams they were helping the EAF build at Heliopolis. When ZAFT attacked they tried to escape with one prototype (Gold Frame) and destroy the other 2 (Red and Blue Frames). They did a really bad job of it though. Some Junk Techs were seaching the ruins and found them. A mercenary hired by Orb to destroy the evidence confronted them there, but then the person that hired them tried to betray them so they could eliminate any witness'. The Mercenary, Gai Murakumo, took Blue Frame while a Junk Tech, Lowe Gear, took the Red Frame. It just follows their stories.

Also, the Astray's do not have Phase Shift since when they were constructed it was before Morgenrate had successfully stolen the tech behind it. They did however manage to steal the tech for the Beam Rifle and the Beam Sword.

There are several interesting things. For example, remember that before it was destroyed that Blitz lost it's arm with the Tricaros (sp?) weapon system? Well Orb recovered it and attached it to the Gold Frame as part of a massive upgrade.

When the Junk Techs first arrived on Earth they purchased and salvaged (rebuilt) the Lesseps. For those that don't recall it by name, it was Waltfeld's flagship in the desert before he lost to Kira.

Also, Lowe got to witness the final battle between Strike and Aegis from a front row seat.

NM
Sat, 04-30-2005, 01:17 PM
Do you know where I could get the Gundam Seed manga as well as the Seed Astray ones (besides Barnes & Nobles or Amazon i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif)?

Wren
Sat, 04-30-2005, 01:31 PM
yea same here; im a broke college student and cuz of school firewals bit torrent is raped and goes veery slow hehe i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Curium
Sat, 04-30-2005, 08:03 PM
I get them at a local Comic Book Store. I've been getting them as they come out, and since they are spread out by several months, I figure I can spend $10 a month on the manga.

Deblas
Sat, 04-30-2005, 09:19 PM
What about Borders. That a good place to find manga. At least thats where I go.