PDA

View Full Version : Modding Question

Guardian_2000
Mon, 04-25-2005, 12:34 PM
A mod just referred to me as breaking two rules. One of which being not to edit a mod edited post.

I simply updated my own first post in a episode discussion thread so that people who entered the thread for a first time would see the sub. I'm not certain what the other rule was since they didn't even bother to mention it. I have looked for rules but I can't see where it says in the FAQ or some stickied thread that one cannot edit his own post. Let alone the mod didn't have the decency to let me know what the rule is. Since I don't know specifically who to talk with I'm posting this here. Who exactly is in charge of these rules and where does someone have to go to find out if they are changed or updated. I wasn't aware of this. Plus they seemed to be alil upset with me, which lends to the idea of who it is. Anyways I appreciate whatever help the exterior modding team or admin can provide.

Editing a moderator-edited post isn't against the rules unless you broke a rule, post got mod-edited (ie. spoiler taken out), then you re-edited it to the original post. Tell me exactly what the original content was for this post and why it was edited in the first place.

Originally posted by: Guardian_2000
Sub: Haro^2_Tori^2 (http://web.comhem.se/~u42236752/%5bHaro%5e2_Tori%5e2%5d_Gundam_SEED_Destiny_-_27_%5b7A630C1C%5d.avi.torrent)

Are you thick? Do not edit moderator-edited posts. You just broke the rules twice. Don't do it again.

GotWoot Moderator
You can double/multi post in this thread. I'll just keep replying to your response posts. Give me some time to figure out what happened.

GotWoot Moderator

Guardian_2000
Mon, 04-25-2005, 06:08 PM
Well the post in question that I edited which was moderator-edited I believe to be the very first post of that particular thread. I had posted a response to something in this post "the one that I got warned in". I'm not even certain now of my exact words. If they were a spoiler I think I would of put spoiler tags. I did refer another member to read in a spoiler thread I created if they wanted to get further information maybe. I just wish the original post hadn't been deleted now. But supposedly from another member said I posted a spoiler. But then he said I posted another spoiler in the next post. Which I didn't so I don't know what is going on there. For certain I posted the link shown and I said that I was gonna modify my very first post so that new visitors to the thread would see all the links. I don't see whats wrong with that.

I'm just trying to figure out what these rules are. I can't seem to find them listed anywhere in the forum. I've checked the FAQ and looked for stickies. It used to be that you could see who was modding I believe in here. Then I would of asked them what exactly I did wrong. I have my ideas of who the mod is that posted it. However I don't know if they are still a mod or not or if the system is even handled that way so mods are anonymous. But if it is who I think. That explains the tone and handling of their moderation. I mod in another forum but our rules are listed for easy access. If they aren't here atleast from this situation I hope that it is cleared up and other members can see these rules. This situation never needed to happen. And the mod didn't need to get hostile.

Sorry for my slow response I didn't know this post had been edited. I would of replied sooner.

Alright, I figured out what was going on. I'll make it as clear as possible seeing that you still seem confused. First of all, the first post has nothing to do with what happened. Ignore it. The only post in question here is the one I quoted in your post above. This is what happened. After you made your initial post, which contained spoiler references and whatnot, you were in the process of editing that post. Unfortunately, a mod was in the process of editing out the spoiler in the same post as well. That's where the misunderstanding that you purposely removed the mod-edit happened. No big deal, just don't include spoilers that hasn't been shown in the anime in episode discussion threads.

Also, there was only one rule broken; spoiling. That's all there is to that matter. And we are in the process of getting the all the rules posted on a separate forum/page, so please bare with it for now. The rules are really simple and just any basic common sense. Anyway, the discussion should be over. But if you still need to talk about it for whatever reason, do so. However, it's going to end up being nothing more than a pointless discussion.

GotWoot Moderator

Guardian_2000
Mon, 04-25-2005, 08:39 PM
Thats cool. I'm just glad to hear some progress was made in the matter. I don't think I really put spoilers in just mentioned that the person could go to a spoiler page if they wanted to know more. But even I'm not sure on that. Atleast now thou other users won't get trapped into a rule that doesn't exist. Glad the matter was resolved. With abit more of renewed faith in the modding team for clearing everything up. Thanks.

On a sidenote even if rules are common sense there will always be people who think differently. Even one of your mods didn't know the rules and accused me of a rule that didn't exist which I got warned about. Just aslong as the mods take the users into consideration and the situation then things are good. You may also want to work on some way of keeping original posts in tact so that a deletion doesn't occur. I still think I didn't spoil something.

But with no post its my word against the mods. I'll do my best to save my posts in a text file for now. I don't want to have to be falsely accused of something again if I was indeed done so.

Look, even after being explained a few times, you still don't get it. All the mods are fully aware of all the rules, which are basic forum etiquette; a.k.a. common sense. The mod who made the comment about you breaking a rule twice is refering to you breaking the spoiler rule. I know you didn't do it twice on purpose, the second time was just due to bad timing between the mod-edit and yours. As I said above in your first post of this thread, it's only against the rules to edit over a mod-edit if you break a rule, then the post gets mod-edited (ie. spoiler taken out), then you re-edited it to the original post.

Also, I appreciate the advice about how to run the forums, but I think we can handle it.

GotWoot Moderator

Guardian_2000
Tue, 04-26-2005, 01:41 PM
Well it just seemed odd that they edited out my comment that I was posting the link in my first post as well that threw me off there. And if I dont get it thats fine. Like i said about users you may want to take into consideration multiple understandings.

"Do not edit moderator-edited posts." is alot different from "Editing a moderator-edited post isn't against the rules unless you broke a rule, post got mod-edited (ie. spoiler taken out), then you re-edited it to the original post. Tell me exactly what the original content was for this post and why it was edited in the first place." Just the way it was handled and the mods and my misunderstanding looked like it could have been avoided.

Anyways from the looks of this, I can edit any of my posts aslong as the edit doesn't break the rules. Meaning I can even edit out the mods comments since they take the thread off topic? I just shouldn't change whatever the content they edited within my post.

As for the advice. Thats what it is just advice. If things improve or don't atleast it got mentioned. Hopefully the rules being listed helps out abit more.