PDA

View Full Version : A possible Bloodline jutsu for Kisame

GhostKaGe
Sat, 04-23-2005, 11:45 PM
seen this on the discovery channel and i thought it would seem logical considering his shark like apperance

Touch (Tactility): Elasmobranchs and all other fish have two types of touch sense: contact tactility and distant tactility. The contact tactility, as the name suggests, is where nerves in the skin fire upon the application of pressure (a similar way to our sense of touch). The distant tactility is achieved via a Lateral Line system. This lateral line is a row of pits (pores) that encircle the fishs head and continue in a single line along the body to the tail on either side. These pits have a sensory neuromast inside that senses changes in water pressure through the distortion of a hair. Thus, if the fish approaches an object, the water between the two objects gets shoved into an ever decreasing space, the fish can detect this and judge their proximity to said object. This lateral line system can be used to detect vibrations from objects up to 200m (656ft) away

Electroreception:Elasmobranchs possess the rather unique ability -- shared by only a few other creatures on the planet, such as the Duck-billed Platypus (Ornithorhynchus anatinus) -- of being able to detect electric fields generated by other living organisms. The precise mechanisms and details of this get complicated, so I will drastically simplify it for the purpose of this summary. The sense works via a series of pores distributed over the sharks head -- referred to as the Ampullae of Lorenzini, named after Stefano Lorenzini who first described them in 1678 -- and, according to a paper presented to the 2003 AES Meeting in Brazil by Darryl Whitehead of the University of Queensland, these pits can average as many as 2052 in the Bull Shark (Carcharhinus leucas). Each pore leads to a canal lined with a potassium-rich jelly and into a sac containing a receptive hair cell. These cells are receptive to weak DC (direct current) and low frequency (1 to 4 Hz with rapid high-frequency drop of at 16 to 20 Hz) AC (alternating current) fields. Various studies by Dr. Adrianus Kalmijn at the Scripps Institution of Oceanography in California have shown that elasmobranch electrosense is very sensitive, with some elasmobranchs being able to detect electrical activity down to five billionths of a volt at a distance of up to 33cm (1ft). To put this into perspective the movement of a Plaices (Pleuronectes platessa) operculum (gill cover) generates an electrical signal 5 million times higher than the minimum threshold of detection for elasmobranchs. Electrical charges tend to dissipate readily in seawater, meaning that the ampullae are only accurate to a distance of 20 to 30cm (8 to 12 inches) away from the object. As well as detection of potential food, it is also believed that sharks can use their ampullae for detecting the Earths magnetic field (which they may use to navigate an otherwise feature-poor ocean) and may also be used in mate recognition. An intriguing new paper, published recently in Nature, suggests that sharks are also able to detect changes in temperature with their ampullae.

copied and pasted from wildlife online (http://www.wildlifeonline.me.uk/)

i think that if he was to have a bloodline ability these would be ideal for him

Psyke
Sun, 04-24-2005, 12:00 AM
Interesting stuff, and especially about your enthusiasm on sharks and Kisame. Not sure whether Kishimoto visits Wildlife Online though........ How do you suppose Kisame got those gills in the first place? Was he born like that, or did he have a surgical enhancement. So that he can breathe underwater?

GhostKaGe
Sun, 04-24-2005, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by: Psyke
Interesting stuff, and especially about your enthusiam on sharks and Kisame. Not sure whether Kishimoto visits Wildlife Online though........ How do you suppose Kisame got those gills in the first place? Was he born like that, or did he have a surgical enhancement. So that he can breathe underwater?

not to sure about weather he was born with or they were implanted either way they be interesting abilitys for him to possess as for breathing underwater that would be a logical conclusion

ok its now 6:am my time (GMT) and the alcohol is starting to take its toll

Sun, 04-24-2005, 12:20 PM
but he was a ninja originally from water country right? seeing that his jutsu's are water based

so it makes sense to have his abilities like breathe underwater and shark attack

ChaosK
Sun, 04-24-2005, 02:37 PM
in other words if kisame were to create a giant sea and fight somebody they would get their ass kicked probably...

Mite Gai
Sun, 04-24-2005, 04:39 PM
Yes correct lol, though I think its gonna be basically a Zabuza x100 level fight.

ChaosK
Sun, 04-24-2005, 05:36 PM
zabuzza couldnt breathe underwater, kisame can.

Mut
Sun, 04-24-2005, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by: Chaoskiddo
Right. You know this because we have seen so much of Kisame breathing under water.

frexeze
Sun, 04-24-2005, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by: Mut@t@

Originally posted by: Chaoskiddo
Right. You know this because we have seen so much of Kisame breathing under water.

roffles
that was pretty funny actually

maybe theyre not really gills at all.. maybe its like the lines on narutos face! unless he has lungs in his head.. i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif

DarthEnderX
Mon, 04-25-2005, 03:58 AM
He's a wereshark!