PDA

View Full Version : Gundam Wing

lilphatboi88
Sat, 04-23-2005, 10:10 PM
So tell me your opinion about it

Mut
Sat, 04-23-2005, 10:11 PM
Gundam Wing is the best Gundam series ever. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. They are all either on crack or Swedish.

The OP song is SO much better than any GS/D song...

lilphatboi88
Sat, 04-23-2005, 10:41 PM
So you really liked GUndam Wing huh? I just rewatched Gundam Wing Endless Waltz, and Heero Yuy is amazing. Is there ever a continuation or last ending to Gundam Wing?

Mite Gai
Sat, 04-23-2005, 10:48 PM
I love Gundam Wing though that is probably just because it was my first Gundam series that I saw, though most people say that it was a terrible series.

lilphatboi88
Sat, 04-23-2005, 10:50 PM
I see, in GS or GSD, are there anybody from past Gundam series?

Mite Gai
Sat, 04-23-2005, 11:11 PM
No, unless you count Char who might as well have actually been in every Gundam series instead of havin AU versions of himself.

lilphatboi88
Sat, 04-23-2005, 11:13 PM
I see, so what do you think about GS or GSD so far? Is it any good compared to Gundam Wing? give me their ratings compared to gundam wing like the characters, gundams, and just how good it is.

kAi
Sun, 04-24-2005, 12:48 AM
I liked Gundam Wing it was a good series, it was my first Gundam I watched.
Gundam Seed was good i enjoyed it, and same with GSD so far.

I would give you an outline of the characters and all that stuff, but I'm too lazy.

If this thread is because you want to see Gundam Seed / Destiny, I suggest you just download it, it's good to watch.

GhostKaGe
Sun, 04-24-2005, 01:05 AM
Ive made my oppinion of mecha anime clear more than once to say im not all that keen on it would be an understatment but i have to say Gundam Wing is the exeption to the rule i enjoyed it but more because of it philosofical (even if somewhat naive and ldealistic) views of warfare and its paradoxical relation to peace ...oh and because Zechs and Epion were cool

oh my head hurts after writing that garbage i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

lilphatboi88
Sun, 04-24-2005, 01:51 AM
on Bittorrent, the boxtorrent batch of episodes 1-50 for Gundam Seed is at 97%. And after wat the Next Hokage just said, i really enjoy philosophical animes. Ones that go deep into meanings and stuff. So is GS or GSD not deep at all?

Psyke
Sun, 04-24-2005, 01:57 AM
I didn't like Gundam Wing that much, but I liked the Gundam designs. The story was poor and too draggy at times. I prefer G and X over W. For something more serious and deep trying watching Gundam V or Z. 0083 and the 8th MS Team are also good buys.

Turkish-S
Sun, 04-24-2005, 02:43 AM
i liked the charrecter's in gundam wing they all had an own story. i have watched it on the telly so it was cencured and i still liked it.

PSJ
Sun, 04-24-2005, 05:06 AM
gundam wing got nothing on SEED. i cant understand how people can call this show good. while i enjoyed the battle scenes alot the story if there is one sucks. the characters arent interesting enough, the only character they tried a little with was zechs but he to could have been done much better. if you want mindless action where the gundams always own without an explanation better than they trained some this show is for you.

EDIT: oh yea im swedish so i guess thats why my opinion is what it is.

NM
Sun, 04-24-2005, 07:04 AM
Originally posted by: Psyke
0083 and the 8th MS Team are also good buys.

8th MS Team is one of my favorites, even though it was short. As for Wing, I thought it was ok. The Gundam designs were awesome, especially Duo's DeathScythe and Heero's Wing Zero. The story wasn't as good though. Thats pretty much why I like Seed/Destiny. It has both a good story and good Gundam designs.

Mite Gai
Sun, 04-24-2005, 11:50 AM
I luv the UC timeline Gundam series they are all so awesome though I have been meaning d/l X so I think I am gonna do that. And I thought SEED was OK though the waiting time for actual fight scenes was way to annoying since I had to go through 3 episodes of Kira angsting over piloting the Strike or Freedom to get to an actual fight scene though Destiny redeems the Gundam series of all of SEED's mistakes since when there are discussions between fights they actually have a real purpose and there are tons of good fights.

lilphatboi88
Sun, 04-24-2005, 02:57 PM
So does GUndam Wing have deeper philosophical meanings and stuff like that than GS or GSD?

Deblas
Sun, 04-24-2005, 03:16 PM
If I remember correctly since I saw wing a long time ago, there was no character development. All throughout the series it was just serious faces. The only pilot that had at least to emotions was the deathscythe pilot (forgot the name). Ohh yea. And I'm not on crack. Its just that GS pawns Gundam Wing.

Y
Sun, 04-24-2005, 03:19 PM
Deep philosophy? Are you fucking kidding me? New Gundam series are made to sell action figures, not debate politics.

Mite Gai
Sun, 04-24-2005, 06:05 PM
Yea guys I am sorry to burst your bubble, but Gundam Wing is not what I would call intelligent philosophical talk, I just liked the characters even though they were stone-faced and the battles and mobile suits though the story I felt was a little slow. Though they attempt to be somewhat philosophical, as Deblas said there is no character development other than Heero somewhat and maybe Trowa, though Wufei is still a justice freak, Duo is still a laid-back guy, and Quatre is still a nice guy, and Relena still is well Relena. Though I still love the series even with its faults.

Black ops
Sun, 04-24-2005, 06:45 PM
Eh? Gundam have philosphy in it? Like Y The Alien said new Gundam series are made to sell action figures. The only reason Gundam series are still around is that people for some reason love big robots shooting at and blowing the crap out of each other. Thats why I watched the series and thats why I still do. Character development isn't that bad in some series but it is non existent in Wing. Where the hell did the topic creator get philosphy and Gundam from?

Deblas
Sun, 04-24-2005, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by: Y The Alien
Deep philosophy? Are you fucking kidding me? New Gundam series are made to sell action figures, not debate politics.

Don't forget video games and model kits. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

GhostKaGe
Sun, 04-24-2005, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by: Deblas

Don't forget video games and model kits.

AND PROBLY SOME SORT OF TRADING CARDS

monkeyman
Sun, 04-24-2005, 09:54 PM
personaly i like almost all the gundam series. seed and wing are definitly my 2 favorites out of them though but i'm a little bit unfair because wing was my first anime series ever watched like a few of the ppl here. G was good haven't watched 0083. and yes the sell crap loads of action figures cards and other junk from the series. ^^ well thats about it ^^

Guardian_2000
Mon, 04-25-2005, 10:44 AM
If you want a deep anime perhaps you'd want to check out Zeta, or even try to sit through the original MSG. Wing was alright. Its an AU and I accept that it doesn't use physics that the other gundam series do so thats why its alil more superpowered than the rest. The designs are probably one of my favorite parts of Wing. That and mobile dolls. Either way its an okay series aslong as its uncut. But be warned there are some annoying parts to it.

And as for the question at hand. Seed is far far better than Wing. And Destiny is proving to be even better than Seed. Its an awesome new timeline that any gundam fan should check out.

lilphatboi88
Mon, 04-25-2005, 07:16 PM
OK THANKS, that's a good opinion.

Crows_Kill
Mon, 04-25-2005, 08:32 PM
The original gundam stories were sci-fi novels written in the early 70's. The original gundam series was made in 76 and ran for 3 seasons.
Every gundam show since then has basicly been a re-telling of the same facist vs fuedal government story, with variations for setting, time line, and mecha designs.
gundam z and zz while officially set after the orginal ms:g are basicaly the same strory re-told with new mecha- same for 0083, wing, seed, v, etc...
Teh only original reimaginations have been g-gundam, which I personaly hate, but some people love for the more 70's-ish super robat battle take on the action, and turn a gundam, which is part of the official ms:g universal century story, but set way in to the future. I like turn-a, which most people hate. Go fig.
Wing was he uc story line spread out over half a dozen pilots or so with a g-gunddam style flavor of the week gundam for each. Same could be said for seed, but the writting for seed is a thousand times better than wing. There were so many factions, groups, politcal parties, terrorist goups, and false alliances in wing that maciavelli would shoot himself if he had to figure it out.
The better side stories like the 0080 or 08th ms team ova's stand out for their better than average writing and excellent animation and mecha designs in both. 0080 hits you over the head with its anti-war posturing, but 08th is more subtle about its messages, but they are still there.

If you really want a mecha show with philosophy, go watch Evangellion or Rahxephon (aka dance dance evangellion). Just remember that both series are animated 12 step programs for theor writers and you can enjou them that much more.

A really good balls to the wall action mecha show with a good story is the votoms series- scopedogs rule. Dougram is good if you can find it too, but not as well done.

Mae
Mon, 04-25-2005, 08:47 PM
Lol, dance dance Evangelion.... true.... I also liked Gunparade March for a decent mecha anime. Full Metal Panic (first series) too, although it tended to focus more on comedy.

Gundam Wing is actually really popular among fangirls for some reason, and there is an amazing amount of fanart for it. I finally picked it up just to see what all the fuss was about. I wasn't that impressed, and thought it was a bit simplistic and boring. Saw about 2/3 of it. That being said the mecha designs were kind of fun, and I still play one of the vs. games based on the show on my emulator once in a while.

PSJ
Tue, 04-26-2005, 09:01 AM
i believe the original gundam show was shown in 1979 not 1976...

Crows_Kill
Tue, 04-26-2005, 09:49 AM
Doh! you're right- was 79, not 76. Too much star wars on the brain lately.....

all the gundam info you never wanted to know:

http://www.gundamofficial.com/index.html

PTX-003C
Wed, 04-27-2005, 10:16 AM
Team 08>zeta>0093>S>Blue Destiny>Turn A>0079>0080>0083>ZZ>V>G>X>SEED>SEED destiny>W>G savior

PTX-003C
Wed, 04-27-2005, 10:18 AM

i completely agree with you!!!

NomoZ
Wed, 04-27-2005, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by: Crows_Kill
Doh! you're right- was 79, not 76. Too much star wars on the brain lately.....

all the gundam info you never wanted to know:

http://www.gundamofficial.com/index.html

Star Wars was 77....

Rik
Wed, 04-27-2005, 09:34 PM
I think Gundam Wing is much better than Seed. In Wing it really emphasizes on the war. In Seed, all it is about Kira and his emotions. Seriously, how many times has Kira cried throughout the series. You don't see Heero crying much.

Crows_Kill
Wed, 04-27-2005, 09:40 PM
I would love to see Hiro crying. As he's slowly lowered in to the live nuclear reactor of his overloaded self destructing gundam. I just wish xomeone one do a "phantom edit" of wing where he gets to succceed in destroying his gundam at the first attempt. That would be closure.

And in case yor wondering, I'm laying off teh crack now....

Deblas
Wed, 04-27-2005, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by: Rik
You don't see Heero crying much.

lol. Your right. This is Heero's emotions throughout the whole series.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v686/Deblas/r1.jpg- Happy Heero

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v686/Deblas/hero.jpg- Sad Heero

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v686/Deblas/heero.jpg- Shy Heero

Xollence
Wed, 04-27-2005, 11:46 PM
Hehe a great series, definitely worth watching. I think it's a lot better than Gundam Seed.

PSJ
Thu, 04-28-2005, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by: Rik
I think Gundam Wing is much better than Seed. In Wing it really emphasizes on the war. In Seed, all it is about Kira and his emotions. Seriously, how many times has Kira cried throughout the series. You don't see Heero crying much.

thats because heero is a fucking robot, no human could be like that during war like when he protects releena "what am i doing she should die, im stupid" a person with a normally functioning brain doesnt think like that. what makes seed good is partly the character development something wing didnt have.

EDIT: hahahahahhhaa didnt notice deblas's post, thats so true. it works the same with the other 4 main characters to, they have one facial expression.

Psyke
Thu, 04-28-2005, 10:32 AM
At first I thought it was only a few individuals who preferred Wing to Seed. Now more and more people are popping up saying they liked Wing more than Seed. I really cannot understand why......... Have you people honestly tried understanding the stories of both series? Sure Wing's the first Gundam to reach the states but saying it's much better than Seed is just too baffling.....

Munsu
Thu, 04-28-2005, 01:26 PM
meh... i still don't understand the reasoning behind debating which is better than which... in the end of the day the important question should be, "Did I enjoy it or not?"

Turkish-S
Thu, 04-28-2005, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by: Budweineken
meh... i still don't understand the reasoning behind debating which is better than which... in the end of the day the important question should be, "Did I enjoy it or not?"

tru..
i did enjoyed it.

Deblas
Thu, 04-28-2005, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by: Budweineken

Yea, yea Confusius. Seed is, and always gonna be better than Gundam wing.

ChaosK
Sat, 04-30-2005, 12:10 PM
wing was the first gundam i watched and its what made me want to watch seed because of the last episode which was classic.

monkeyman
Sat, 04-30-2005, 10:55 PM
i guess it is true that gundam seed is better but its alot newer and gundam wing (in my opinion) is a clasic that all people around the world should see ;-)

Mut
Sat, 04-30-2005, 11:01 PM
I was going to re-dl this series but it's 11 gigs so I said fuck it. Right now I'm dl'ing EW.

Munsu
Sat, 04-30-2005, 11:02 PM
you can get it off bots in #anime-legion @ irc.irchighway.net

so it shouldnt be that bad of a download for you...

Hakeem_21
Sat, 04-30-2005, 11:20 PM
I cant believe how people think that Seed and Destiny compares to Wing. I mean Wing is better in everything better characthers,better MS action,better story ...everything.

Deblas
Sun, 05-01-2005, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by: Hakeem_21
I cant believe how people think that Seed and Destiny compares to Wing. I mean Wing is better in everything better characthers,better MS action,better story ...everything.

lol. Better characters? What characters are you talking about. Wing is just plain stone faces. And don't deny it.

Terracosmo
Sun, 05-01-2005, 02:11 PM
Gundam Wing is the worst series ever. If you think otherwise you are an idiot who does not care shit about story and is satisfied aslong as you get stereotypical characters jampacked together with bigass robots blowing things up (granted the mechs are good but it does not save this fucking show which was made for horny japanese girls to begin with).

The plot has more holes in it than a raped swiss-cheese, the main character is fucking superman who blows himself up every 2 seconds yet survives, the rest are idiots especially Wufei who claims he has honor yet blows 200 people up in their sleep FUCKING PIECE OF CRAP SHOW DIE

Deblas
Sun, 05-01-2005, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo
Gundam Wing is the worst series ever. If you think otherwise you are an idiot who does not care shit about story and is satisfied aslong as you get stereotypical characters jampacked together with bigass robots blowing things up (granted the mechs are good but it does not save this fucking show which was made for horny japanese girls to begin with).

The plot has more holes in it than a raped swiss-cheese, the main character is fucking superman who blows himself up every 2 seconds yet survives, the rest are idiots especially Wufei who claims he has honor yet blows 200 people up in their sleep FUCKING PIECE OF CRAP SHOW DIE

*sniffs* That was so beautiful Terra.

Terracosmo
Sun, 05-01-2005, 05:40 PM
^_^

I have my moments.

Mut
Sun, 05-01-2005, 08:02 PM
I just watched GW:EW. It was so fucking cool. I cried!

Souryusen
Sun, 05-01-2005, 08:08 PM
EW was a more enjoyable romp than the GW series itself. Only real complaint is that Wing Zero looks like the bastard child of Optimus Prime and a spotted owl.

Deblas
Sun, 05-01-2005, 08:08 PM
Yea. Endless waltz was a good movie. My favorite unit from that one is the heavy arms custom.

DDBen
Mon, 05-02-2005, 11:09 AM
Gundam Seed is a much better show then Gundam Wing. However so far I feel wing is better then GSD which feels the need to stop everytime there is a good episode and insert a random recap so you can have the sudden urge to shoot yourself all over again. Endless Waltz is atleast at this time better then whats been released of GSD.

Hakeem_21
Mon, 05-02-2005, 06:52 PM
The characthers is Seed and Destiny are so bad according me cause they annoy me so much. The only main characthers that i can handle is Muu La Fraga in Seed,Athrun and Kira in Destiny the rest i dont care for while the charachters i Wing were good even if some of them didnt get developed.

P.S Shinn is the most annoying characther in anime even Fray were less annoying..

Deblas
Mon, 05-02-2005, 08:01 PM
Shinn is the most annoying characther in anime even Fray were less annoying..

Well we can't deny that can we? i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Roko
Mon, 05-02-2005, 11:43 PM
I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to disagree. God, I HATE Fray! That bitch deserved to die. Shinn isn't as bad. We can at least understand why he's acting the way he is. Fray was just a manipulative selfish bitch.

About the topic: I never really watched GW. Watched a few eps, and I wasn't hooked. Gundam Seed was what hooked me. But that's just me. You'll have to decide for yourself.

DDBen
Tue, 05-03-2005, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by: Roko
I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to disagree. God, I HATE Fray! That bitch deserved to die. Shinn isn't as bad. We can at least understand why he's acting the way he is. Fray was just a manipulative selfish bitch.

About the topic: I never really watched GW. Watched a few eps, and I wasn't hooked. Gundam Seed was what hooked me. But that's just me. You'll have to decide for yourself.

How on earth can you understand Shinn's reasons and not Fllay's considering they have virtually the same exact reason. Fllay went looney after her home was destroyed followed by watching her father killed in front of her. While Shinn was in Orb while it was attacked and his family was killed in front of him. The characters have identical reasons and similar methods. Shinn acts completely selfish whenever he is in a battle he basically throws a tantrum and kills people weather or not they deserve it. Fllay on the other hand simply slept with and manipulated people to fight until they die as punishment. The methods are differn't but the reasons and results are fairly similar.

The differnce is Shinn is not a hot redhead and is just some useless pansy who I can't stand to watch.

Hakeem_21
Tue, 05-03-2005, 05:29 PM
Finaly someone who doesnt like Shinn iether i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

People think he is diffrent from Fray just cause he is a Gundam pilot.

monkeyman
Tue, 05-03-2005, 09:52 PM
Personaly i hate them both ^^. I'd have to say that i like shin less though. He's supose to be a gundam pilot and he doesn't think acts purely out of emotion and that emotion is always hate ^^. atleast flay was a girl makes her emotional brake down more understandable, but shin is just a spoiled brat who's had a hard time. (oh i don't mean that in a sexual biest or anything but girls tend to be more emotional ^^ makes um cuter i think)

Black ops
Tue, 05-03-2005, 10:12 PM
Wow. Terra. That paragraph was a interesting read. I mean I liked GW when it came out in the States. When was that... like somewhere in the 90s I presume correct? Well back then I was in my early 10s or something. Still a kid that doesn't care about plot, characters, etc. Just the action. And killing. That was what made me hooked onto GW when it came out. I was crazy about it. Good Gundam models though in my opinion. I still think its good (Gundam models wise). I should rewatch it and see how different it is affecting me this time. Probably as good in the action parts but I mean I really only got into fansubs around January so I look for more depth than fighting now. Character development is a major part in the animes I choose to watch. Anyone else agree with me?

DDBen
Tue, 05-03-2005, 11:17 PM
Finaly someone who doesnt like Shinn iether

People think he is diffrent from Fray just cause he is a Gundam pilot.

I don't just not like Shinn I absolutely hate everything about the character. Every time they try to make a episode about him it becomes pointless and you simply want to kill every character involved in the mess they are trying to hard to make him Fllay/Kira's bastard child. The only somewhat good news is he likely won't survive the series but we will have to put up with him dying a hero of some sort.

The thing that ticks me off about him beyond all else though is the retarded nature of the impulse. It takes time and all of the random weapon packs are flying through a battlefield. Why in gods name hasn't Kra just shot down a weapons pack and left Shinn dead in the water? Much less any other random mech or ship. The impulse has to be the single worst idea for a gundam EVER. Atleast with Strike you had Mwu flying out the weapon pack instead of some nameless drone.

Psyke
Wed, 05-04-2005, 12:19 AM
Impulse wasn't the first Gundam to be formed by multiple parts. There was also V Gundam and ZZ Gundam. I do agree it's kinda silly to have all the parts fly out of the minerva separately instead of merging to form impulse Gundam from within the minerva. But they ability to switch parts is kinda cool, remember the time when the legs were destroyed Shinn can just ask for another set for replacement.

Terracosmo
Wed, 05-04-2005, 01:57 AM
Originally posted by: Black ops
Wow. Terra. That paragraph was a interesting read. I mean I liked GW when it came out in the States. When was that... like somewhere in the 90s I presume correct? Well back then I was in my early 10s or something. Still a kid that doesn't care about plot, characters, etc. Just the action. And killing. That was what made me hooked onto GW when it came out. I was crazy about it. Good Gundam models though in my opinion. I still think its good (Gundam models wise). I should rewatch it and see how different it is affecting me this time. Probably as good in the action parts but I mean I really only got into fansubs around January so I look for more depth than fighting now. Character development is a major part in the animes I choose to watch. Anyone else agree with me?

It will probably be different indeed. I for example loved Dragonball Z to death when I saw a few eps around my 10's...still a good show of course but now I can see all the things that people hate with the show, so it's no longer the cool action romp it was in my younger eyes.

DDBen
Wed, 05-04-2005, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by: Psyke
Impulse wasn't the first Gundam to be formed by multiple parts. There was also V Gundam and ZZ Gundam. I do agree it's kinda silly to have all the parts fly out of the minerva separately instead of merging to form impulse Gundam from within the minerva. But they ability to switch parts is kinda cool, remember the time when the legs were destroyed Shinn can just ask for another set for replacement.

I have no problem with being able to obtain replacement parts when your gundam takes damage. However thats a emergency situation. In a normal case sending out a piolet in a under armored death trap is pointless. Note Shinn flying through the cage was once again a reason to do it but it still does not explain why initially you wouldn't have the gundam in one piece so you could launch it normally and fully equiped.

Then as a final note realise that the core flyer unit has boosters that Shinn ejects before forming the gundam meaning that the core unit if the gundam legs and top were destroyed has no reasonable way to be detached. Much less the ability to flee back to the ship as a escape pod.