PDA

View Full Version : Ch. 257 Discussion Thread

Dezalanel
Thu, 04-21-2005, 10:56 PM
http://xthost.info/n257/%5b2005-21-22%5d%20Naruto%20257.zip

There ya go!!

I just looked through it! Pretty cool stuff. ..but I wont say what in the first post = ].

Mut
Thu, 04-21-2005, 11:03 PM
ITACHI STOP TALKING AND KILL THEM ALL!

piasEnigma
Thu, 04-21-2005, 11:27 PM
Shark-man seems to be doing well by himself, and you all doubted him..

nests
Thu, 04-21-2005, 11:30 PM
That was cool how Gai took Kisanes sword this looks like is going to be a cool fight

Jman
Fri, 04-22-2005, 12:02 AM
wtf? the itachi fight needs to start already dammit.
i'm not too suprised at how team gai got caught much like kakashi back when he fought zabuza.
hope gai opens the gates or somethin. i'd hate for this to become another long drawn out fight where they just stare at eachother for a while.

Mut
Fri, 04-22-2005, 12:15 AM
Kakashi is so cool... When he is up against a badass like Itachi, he still cracks jokes... haha

Page 1:
Title: The value of Kakashi's experience!
Sidebar: His trail is stained with blood. Continuing forward alone, what will his red eyes show?

Page 2:
Sakura: This is Uchiha Itachi?
Chiyo: Itachi, eh? Wow...you're the one who killed that entire clan, eh?
Itachi: It's been a while, Kakashi-san, Naruto-kun.
Sakura: He has the same Sharingan as Sasuke-kun...

He's the one who's put them through all this suffering!

Page 3:
Naruto: You son of a bitch!
Not only me, but Gaara too? I'm gonna beat the hell out of you!
Kakashi: ! Everyone, don't look directly into his eyes! It's too dangerous!

Page 4:
Sakura: Then what the hell do we do...?
Kakashi: Gai...what happened with you and Itachi?
Gai: Hm?

Kakashi: You have to judge his movement based solely on the movement of his feet, or body.

Kakashi: Itachi uses his eyes to perform Genjutsu. Meaning, you've got to look at him for it to work. As long as you avoid eye contact, you'll be OK.

Page 5:
Sakura: That sounds extremely difficult...
Chiyo: The Uchiha clan, eh...
It's been a long, long time since I fought one of them.
Well, there's nothing to worry about. When you're fighting people with Dojutsu (Eye techniques), there're plenty of battle plans.
Naruto: What're you saying?

Page 6:
Chiyo: "If it's one-on-one, run, no matter what."
"If it's two-on-one, get 'em from behind."
Naruto: Huh?
Chiyo: If it's two-on-one...then if someone's trapped in the genjutsu, the other attacks from behind, breaking the jutsu.
Or, if they can't they can still help their ally by dispelling the illusion themselves.

In other words, we've got him outnumbered, so we can use our numbers to divert his attention, and keep our attacks focused on the sharingan's blind spot.

Sakura: I see...
Naruto: Being so old IS good for something!

Page 7:
Kakashi: That might be fine for normal-level Genjutsu, but we need to be a little more careful here.
Chiyo: Eh?
Kakashi: He uses the "Mangekyou Sharingan", which gives him eye techniques far beyond those of a normal Sharingan.
If you're caught in his Genjutsu, the effects are instantaneous. There IS no "dispelling the illusion".
Chiyo: What a troublesome opponent...what is he?

Page 8:
Itachi: Impressive as always, Kakashi-san. You've realized all that from just one experience with Tsukiyomi.
Kakashi: That's not all...I also know that after using that jutsu, you got very fatigued and tried to retreat immediately.

Kisame: But Itachi-san, it's dangerous, even for you, to your eyes too much.
Itachi: We didn't come here to start a war. Unfortunate as it is, this has all been nonsense. We're going.

Kakashi: Tsukiyomi requires a huge amount of chakra.
When you use your eyes, you're taking an extremely heavy risk.
Itachi: An excellent analysis, considering we've only fought once.

Page 9:
Kakashi: Itachi.
How bad has your eyesight gotten?

Page 10:
Itachi: Kakashi-san...
You couldn't have...

Kakashi: Well! You were careless, but I'm no slouch either.
Things are going to be different this time.
Naruto: That goes double for me!

Page 11:
Kakashi: Naruto. I'll take him.
Naruto: (SFX: Twitch
Where the hell's the teamwork if I never get to fight?!
Kakashi: No, no, I mean, you're my backup.
I want to act cool and say, "Hurry up and go", but
even though I'm fighting, I can't totally take him by myself.

Page 12:
(Ker-block! Ker-parry!)

Page 13:
Gai: NOW!

Kisame: Pfft...

Kisame: Mizu Bunshin no jutsu! (Water Clone technique!)

Page 14/15: (Splashy sounds)

Page 16:
Kisame: Suirou no jutsu! (Water prison technique!)
Neji: What the?
Gai: Shit!

Page 17:
Tenten: Gyaa!
Neji: Guh!
Lee: Guhuoo..

Page 18:
Tenten: Ugh...can't breathe...
Neji: Shit!
Lee: I can't move...
Gai: Lee! Neji! Tenten!

Page 19:
Kisame: I'm quite surprised...these brats are a lot better than I expected.
But there won't be anymore interruptions from now on.

Sidebar: Kakashi vs. Itachi, Gai vs. Kisame! A fight of unimaginable proportions begins as Akatsuki and the Leaf square off!

basey44
Fri, 04-22-2005, 12:16 AM
ah good was just about to ask if there was a translation yet

Zhan
Fri, 04-22-2005, 12:28 AM
???? Can someone please tell me what it meant when kakashi said "itachi, how bad has your eyesight gotten?" and itachi was all surprised and shit..does it mean mangekyou has like some sort of side effect thatll affect ur eyesight after every use???

drcitan
Fri, 04-22-2005, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by: ZhanZhao
???? Can someone please tell me what it meant when kakashi said "itachi, how bad has your eyesight gotten?" and itachi was all surprised and shit..does it mean mangekyou has like some sort of side effect thatll affect ur eyesight after every use???

Pretty much and probably also b/c Itachi almost always has sharingan activated. OMG Gai sensei takin Kisame's sword and than ridin on it like a surf board was alittle 2 awesome

ohpeekaboo
Fri, 04-22-2005, 12:53 AM
sounds like itachi is worried that kakashi got the mangekyou..

"kakashi.. anata masaka"
kakashi.. it's impossible you..

would seem to be the way kakashi would know so much about the technique only after having it used on him once

Zhan
Fri, 04-22-2005, 01:27 AM
dont know about that....wasn't it kinda discussed before that kakashi can't get mangekyou because he wasnt a pure uchiha? and that "you must kill ur best friend" thing, isnt like..gai his best friend or something? besides we all know kakashi wouldnt kill for power

Mut
Fri, 04-22-2005, 01:43 AM
ZhanZhao, you sound like a 12 year old girl who just got her first period and have no idea what happened. Calm the fuck down and gather your thoughts.

Assertn
Fri, 04-22-2005, 01:44 AM
no kakashi doesnt have mangekyou
and no itachi's eyesight isnt going bad

to say "whats wrong with your eyesight" is not to be taken literally, he's just saying that itachi is being slow at noticing something.......
althought WHAT that something is, i have no idea.....but it cant be mangekyou

Zhan
Fri, 04-22-2005, 02:03 AM
okay Mut@t@ im sorry.

Y
Fri, 04-22-2005, 02:06 AM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure

to say "whats wrong with your eyesight" is not to be taken literally, he's just saying that itachi is being slow at noticing something.......

I assumed he was just making a joke about the ability Itachi is so proud of.

Kenshiro
Fri, 04-22-2005, 06:26 AM
If kakashi has got the mangekyou I am going to stop reading the manga.

LobsterMagnet
Fri, 04-22-2005, 07:13 AM
Kakashi dosen't have the super sharingan. My guess is that we'll get to see his new technique.

SK
Fri, 04-22-2005, 08:51 AM
great chapter...i can see kisame getting beat, but not itachi yet...maybe kakashi will sacrifice himself for the team, that would suck.

Psyke
Fri, 04-22-2005, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by: Kenshiro
If kakashi has got the mangekyou I am going to stop reading the manga.

Kakashi will not get the mangekyou. By doing so he would have violated a lot of the rules previously laid out and would have made some of the story arcs redundant.

I also think that it was something Itachi missed out and upon Kakashi's prompt realised that something was different about Kakashi. Still wondering what that could be. If it's a new technique how can the Sharingan see it when the Sharinga cannot see chakara? Hmmm...... Must be something subtle yet enough to alarm Itachi.

nests
Fri, 04-22-2005, 10:58 AM
I think Kakashi is going to get beat down and Naruto as his backup is going to step in and surpriced the hell out of everybody by showing how much he has improve.
Maybe the old lady and Sakura can keep going to help Gai

Terracosmo
Fri, 04-22-2005, 11:13 AM
I hate how fucking enthusiastic Naruto is on fighting Itachi, it's so silly to think Naruto could even scratch Itachi's left finger nail. I'll kill Kishimoto if Naruto manages to stay alive VS Itachi.

Damn, why must this series have such a bad main character. Kill Naruto and focus on Sasuke instead. Or Neji.

Or Udon.

Other than that it's badass shit!

nests
Fri, 04-22-2005, 11:21 AM
Dude are you serious theres a reason why is called naruto

Mut
Fri, 04-22-2005, 11:32 AM
Shut up, nests. Don't try to pull the 'omg, you're so noob' tactic on Terra. Naruto is a horrible main character.

Also... if anyone besides Kakashi is able to take down Itachi (from team 7), I'll kill everyone. I swear.

SK
Fri, 04-22-2005, 11:45 AM
lol if sakura even touches a hair on itachi ill shit my pants.

kaigan
Fri, 04-22-2005, 11:56 AM
focus on sasuke? the guy is a fucking whining hobo. itachi just need to kill that bitch off.

I just checked your post history. Good job with the excellent use of profanity in pretty much all of your posts. It's pretty cute, but you're going to tone it down, a lot. First warning!

GotWoot Moderator

Paulyboy
Fri, 04-22-2005, 12:06 PM
Man its just like Dragonballz they talk and dont get into the action, they do that just to piss us off i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif. But I think that Itachi should just kill everybody!

Knives122
Fri, 04-22-2005, 12:16 PM
ugh....so once again theres another question that screws everyone over to the point of them(us) arguing

Naruto will fight Itachi but will not get one over on him, Kakashi will fight Itachi and will get one over on him maybe by using his new jutsu which may have to do with countering the Sharingan. And Chiyo may do something but will just screw it up like a senile old person

And yeah Naruto is a bad main character(somewhat), he may have those typical m.c traits but then Kishi does something to make everything Naruto has done no longer valid(hopefully character development will take care of that as time goes on)(its already happening a little).

Franggio
Fri, 04-22-2005, 12:16 PM
For reall, I think it's pretty shitty this whole thing. Naruto is such a better Main character than Sasuke would ever be.
Well the thing about about Neji would maybe work thou. ^^
And come on dudes, Ya all know Jiraya is suposed to be reall badass, even Itachi respects him.
And I don't see how Naruto couldn't have really improved in 2 years with Jiraya.
The only thing I don't want to see is Sakura doing anything that could be remotle seen as
usefull...well if not trowing huge mother fucking three trunks or boulders and smashing up
the ground. And Chiboya....well I do think this grandma has some pretty sweet moves

Well anyways, death to Sasuke and make Naruto/Kakashi tag team kick some Itachi but
or atleast make him retreat i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Yeah and one more thing. Naruto in the manga is a ok m.c but the anime and all the movies/ova's
makes him realy terrible

greateachermin
Fri, 04-22-2005, 12:23 PM
I disagree with making Sasuke the main character. Are you sure u want that? Hes somewhere with Oro right now and who knows what sick twisted thing they're doing now.
There is alot of parts in the series where Naruto doesnt seem important at all, like when he starts fighting he looks like a idiot. But in the end, he always pulls through.

SK
Fri, 04-22-2005, 12:24 PM
i like naruto.

Assertn
Fri, 04-22-2005, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by: Y The Alien

normally i wouldve as well, but itachi's response seemed to suggest otherwise

Dezalanel
Fri, 04-22-2005, 01:10 PM
Kakashi does not have mangekyou. BUT Itachi's eyesight does seem to be getting worse. That is exactly what Kakashis means when he says it(according to Nihongari at least). It makes sense, the technique has to have a drawback, it puts such strain on his eyes that it is destroying them.

LobsterMagnet
Fri, 04-22-2005, 01:40 PM
Maybe the reason why Itachi is timid about Kakashi is because he can see that his power level has dramatically increased with his Sharingan (just in case you can't tell this is meant to be a sarcastic statement).

Yesh I can't believe there are so many naruto haters out there. He was really annoying in the begining but after watching in in 131+ episodes/257+ chapters of the manga how can't you feel at least some sentimentality towards him. He's gotten so much better especially if you go back and compare him to the first few episodes. Also one of naruto's greatest strengths (the series not the character) is the wide and diverse cast of supporting characters. Honestly you could probably make a spin off or a whole series about one of the side characters there just that well developed and compelling.

Elessar
Fri, 04-22-2005, 01:44 PM

normally i wouldve as well, but itachi's response seemed to suggest otherwiseWell, it's a joke.
Kakashi had his sharingan revealed while he fought Itachi. It is only normal, that he (fully) understands the mangekyou - that's what a sharingan does.
Itachi missed that point, and Kakashi reminded him about it.

For killing your best friend....Kakashi's best friend was Obito. Obito is dead and about the extent of Kakashi's guilt we need to discuss.

I seriously doubt that he will be able to use the mangekyou. But by being a genius jutsu technician, having "killed" his best friend and having a sharingan, I think he got some insight beyond what a sharingan user normally should see, maybe even a possibility to counter.
The new jutsu he talked about could in fact be a special anti-Itachi jutsu. We will see.

Assertn
Fri, 04-22-2005, 01:51 PM
kakashi didn't kill obito...obito died saving kakashi....
completely different i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

i think the point of killing your best friend is the frame of mind of casting away even the strongest of bonds to other people

Guardian_2000
Fri, 04-22-2005, 02:38 PM
In Kakashi's mindset thou he could view himself as responsible for obito "dying". If he had been better, stronger, perhaps Obito wouldn't have had to "die" protecting him. I still doubt that Kakashi got the better eyes. But hasn't his sharingan improved once since he got it from a two to a three? I forget what it was when Obito had it.

The thing is it seems to be a mindset of the sharingan user. How does an eye really know if you've killed your best friend? There ends my out of the box views.

Assertn
Fri, 04-22-2005, 02:52 PM
but kakashi still wouldve had to WANT to kill his best friend......

its not like if itachi and shisui were on the roof of a house cleaning gutters and itachi accidentally bumps into shisui, knocking him off the roof and killing him, that all of a sudden itachi has mangekyou

Masamune
Fri, 04-22-2005, 04:39 PM
but kakashi still wouldve had to WANT to kill his best friend......

its not like if itachi and shisui were on the roof of a house cleaning gutters and itachi accidentally bumps into shisui, knocking him off the roof and killing him, that all of a sudden itachi has mangekyou

where does it say in chapter-page , that you need to WANT to kill ur best friend, as in WANTING TO KILL is an absolute in the requirement

SK
Fri, 04-22-2005, 04:57 PM
hm is it possible that kakashi could have copied mangekyou?

Mut
Fri, 04-22-2005, 05:04 PM
For some reason, I got the same feeling too. I know it's not possible so please don't let it true!

Roko
Fri, 04-22-2005, 06:14 PM
if it is true, that would really degrade Naruto's quality. it is impossible to copy a bloodline! here's my reasoning: you can't copy a mangekyou sharingan with a normal sharingan cuz if you could, then all the little kids inn the uchiha clan who just got the sharingan (so they don't have those 3 things around the pupil, but 1) would have just copied the adult's full sharingan. this works in the same way: mangekyou is just a higher form of the sharingan, so if you can't copy a full sharingan with a newly formed one, you can't copy the mangekyou with a full sharingan!

Deblas
Fri, 04-22-2005, 07:09 PM
For a low quality sub it took a while. Anyway, just finish reading it but there is something I don't understand. Its the mangekyou affecting Itachi's eyesight?

SK
Fri, 04-22-2005, 07:33 PM
this page makes me wonder...
http://img250.echo.cx/img250/6931/109in.png

Deblas
Fri, 04-22-2005, 07:57 PM
wonder what?

Death BOO Z
Fri, 04-22-2005, 08:25 PM
It seems unreasonable that Kakashi truly expects Sakura and Naruto to take on Itachi using Gai's method (espically after asuma said that Gai is probably the only one capable of it), and i also can't believe he managed to level up his sharingan to a point where he can resist the mengekyou... so the only reasonable option left is that Kakashi cut a receptor out of his eye (sorry, i'm no good with english medical terms) and now he's color-blind, but becuase of that, isn't affected by Itachi's sharingan...

of course, the old woman might also be able to do something, proabably get itachi to lost few of his kunais, in her gutts.

Naruto and Sakura can probably do nothing, they don't have the neccsery fighting experience to fight against a jutsu loaded ninja like Itachi, and most certainly they don't have the ability to read body movements like Kakashi and Gai...

as for the 'I hate Naruto' disscusion which has been going on, I defintally won't want to see Sasuke as a main charecter (or see him at all, for the matter), but about Naruto I have mixed feelings, his got the potential to be a good m.c, but so far, the charecter has been constantly reduced to 'talk big-kage bunshin-get your ass kicked - please try again' person, with one line dialouges (at best cases, sometimes he just says 'Nani?' like an idiot) and not a shred of the inner turmolis he had in the first episodes...

oh, and as for Gai and Kisame, I'm hoping that Gai dies protecting his team from Kisame, who decides to be smart and kill them instead of waiting till Gai frees them and they gang bang him...

Lithonite
Fri, 04-22-2005, 08:45 PM
I was thinking about this- Kakashi can use Mengekyou.. he didnt realise he was able to-but since he basically smoked Obito.. he did technically meet the requirements for achieving the mengekyou. More importantly is Kakshi was able to develope his eye without killing someone, then he is a freaking super genius, possible at a higher lvl of genius that Orochimaru( However alone he istill weaker than Itachi, and Orochimaru @ this point ).

I think we are going to see some good stuff- Kisame is going to get owned by Gai Sensei- he will open his gates to same Neji, lee, and tenten- he is that kind of character.

and like teh old woman said. their numbers give them the advantage against the sharingan... and at this pont they all have exp fighting the sharingan. They just need to worry about Itachi's Jutsu array, and skill at this point. between the 4 of them, I think they are better equiped to fight Itachi, Than Gai's already captured team was to fight Kisame.

Mut
Fri, 04-22-2005, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by: Lithonite
I was thinking about this- Kakashi can use Mengekyou.. he didnt realise he was able to-but since he basically smoked Obito.. he did technically meet the requirements for achieving the mengekyou.
All wrong.

Jman
Fri, 04-22-2005, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by: Lithonite
I was thinking about this- Kakashi can use Mengekyou.. he didnt realise he was able to-but since he basically smoked Obito.. he did technically meet the requirements for achieving the mengekyou. More importantly is Kakshi was able to develope his eye without killing someone, then he is a freaking super genius, possible at a higher lvl of genius that Orochimaru( However alone he istill weaker than Itachi, and Orochimaru @ this point ).

I think we are going to see some good stuff- Kisame is going to get owned by Gai Sensei- he will open his gates to same Neji, lee, and tenten- he is that kind of character.

and like teh old woman said. their numbers give them the advantage against the sharingan... and at this pont they all have exp fighting the sharingan. They just need to worry about Itachi's Jutsu array, and skill at this point. between the 4 of them, I think they are better equiped to fight Itachi, Than Gai's already captured team was to fight Kisame.

You sound like that guy hatake kakashi who had asinine theories about kakashi being able to secretly use the mangekyo.
Anyways, as some have already mentioned Kakashi is NOT an Uchiha so that already makes it clear that he can't use Mangekyo, 'freaking super genius' or not. There's no way in hell he could develop a bloodline ability so stop that trend of thought.

ChaosK
Fri, 04-22-2005, 09:52 PM
animemaster is correct, you have to be uchiha by BLOOD in order to perform mangekyou sharingan. I also wondered about the eyesight thing... i also agree that probably only gai can fight only watching a person's feet, but i dont doubt that kakashi's sharingan can probably catch movements too but sakura, naruto and the old lady are kinda screwed.

this is kinda stupid, we didnt see any of lee, neji or tenten's cool moves...

narutosharingan
Fri, 04-22-2005, 10:44 PM
What in the world else does Kakashi mean from the eyesight statement? The only thing that happened between them before was that Itachi used the Mangekyou. I don't see any reason why it couldn't be that.

Knives122
Fri, 04-22-2005, 10:48 PM
its more or less one of two reasons:

1. Itachi's analytical skills are decreasing, and hes becoming lazy. He wasnt able to see the obvious about Kakashi realizing so much just out of one battle.

2. his eyes are actually losing their potency(visual capabilities) and the same goes for Kakashi as well(ala him showing his sharingan) from using the Sharingan too much

hopefully both of these are wrong( they probably are i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif ) and we'll get a real explanation in two weeks

ps. found this at the Narutofan forums and thought it was funny:

OMG Itachi Goes Blind!!

http://img257.echo.cx/img257/7125/sasuitasig4se.gif

ChaosK
Fri, 04-22-2005, 10:55 PM
i acctually agree with your 2nd one the sharingan can get you accustomed to seeing the world with better perspective which would make your normal eyes seem bad and inferior

Roko
Fri, 04-22-2005, 11:16 PM
that makes lots of sense. Everything has a weakness, no matter how powerful. I say that Itachi will lose the ability to use Mangekyou eventually and than probably the sharingan will follow.

Dezalanel
Fri, 04-22-2005, 11:45 PM
I have a quick thought on this whole Kakashi can not get the mangekyou thing......If you remember when he got the Sharingan from Obito it only has 2 dots....but now it has the 3 dots..he has already advanced his Sharingan once...why couldm't he do it again? I know it is unlikely but there is still a slight possibility...you never know what kishimoto will pull out if his hat.

Assertn
Sat, 04-23-2005, 12:04 AM
.................................................. ......
its like bugs, you try to stop a few, but more just keep coming

for the love of god, itachi's vision is NOT going bad in any literal sense
and no, watching your friend die is not at all the same as you deliberately killing your friend

Roko
Sat, 04-23-2005, 02:35 AM
Originally posted by: Dezalanel
I have a quick thought on this whole Kakashi can not get the mangekyou thing......If you remember when he got the Sharingan from Obito it only has 2 dots....but now it has the 3 dots..he has already advanced his Sharingan once...why couldm't he do it again? I know it is unlikely but there is still a slight possibility...you never know what kishimoto will pull out if his hat.

I still find it weird that Obito went from no sharingan to 2 dots sharingan. now that I think about it, if Kakashi still has to kill someoneto obtain mangekyou, who would he kill? my best guess would be Gai, since they seem to be excellent friends. wathcing your friend die is definitely not the same as killing your friend. watching your friend die, emotionally wise, is sadness, and killing your friend is anger.2 very different things

Y
Sat, 04-23-2005, 02:42 AM

How do you know?

kAi
Sat, 04-23-2005, 02:43 AM
possible at a higher lvl of genius that Orochimaru( However alone he istill weaker than Itachi, and Orochimaru @ this point ).

More genius than Orochimaru. you've got to be kidding, the guy who created a jutsu that can make him live forever (age wise, not by anyone or anything), who resurrected the former hokage's and used them to try and kill the current hokage (at the time).

Also, why does no one like the dialogue, there has to be dialogue otherwise this story would be shit. If this was full action no talking, I doubt Naruto would be so big.

It's like in real life, most of the time you'll say something to the guy you're going to fight, or you have thoughts in your head about something, or you say something to find an answer too. There'll be mainly a talk before all big fights, you may say something one day, but the next time just beat the shit outta them, or you just beat the shit outta them without any speaking. If that were the case with Naruto it would be dull, there's no story behind just beating someone up, except for saying "I beat that person up".

Elessar
Sat, 04-23-2005, 08:14 AM
Heh, controversial.

But let's be honest, as much as it sucks.
Mangekyou is a sort of ultimate weapon. So far, there is no way out. So Itachi either has to die, or, kills everyone else. Woot. So, Kishimoto is in a pinch.
He has to construct some weirdness so that Itachi can be beaten.

I doubt it will be a full fledged mangekyou, but I think we will se something along the line of the dots uniteing to one big snake-eye like thing. Would look nasty in Kakashi's face.

Dezalanel
Sat, 04-23-2005, 10:53 AM
.................................................. ......
its like bugs, you try to stop a few, but more just keep coming

and no, watching your friend die is not at all the same as you deliberately killing your friend

Acording to Nihongari from the NF forums, he says that is EXACTLY what it means. It literaly means his vision is going bad. I am just basing this off of his translation though.

Assertn
Sat, 04-23-2005, 11:22 AM
considering that practically every allegation ever made in anime towards someone being blind is implying that they failed to realize something, i figured it was pretty obvious.......and i dont care how direct of a translation it is, because it still doesn't argue my point

but whatever, despite there being no practical rationality for kishimoto to weaken itachi's character at this point in the series, there's no point in arguing it until next week's chapter comes out.......

although then again Y, you were one of those people who took some of the more random details presented in the series seriously, am I right? Like the part about Gai being better than Itachi? I shouldn't be surprised about you taking the blind eye thing literally, in that case i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Franggio
Sat, 04-23-2005, 11:23 AM
hmm, two years fighting experience and jutsu learning jutsu with Jiraya...damn Naruto really has no experience at all
he really still is at genin lvl huh? hUh? HUH???

damn I don't know who said that Naruto didn't have experience enough to fight Itachi, but prolly everyone out there
Come on, I do admit Itachi is badass but come on, breaking the humans limit?? this aint dragonball where we can
expect Super Sayajins and horrible stuff like that.
According to me, training and fighting with a über Jiraya is plenty enough to have taken the first steps into "badassnes"!

Psyke
Sat, 04-23-2005, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by: Franggio
hmm, two years fighting experience and jutsu learning jutsu with Jiraya...damn Naruto really has no experience at all

damn I don't know who said that Naruto didn't have experience enough to fight Itachi, but prolly everyone out there
Come on, I do admit Itachi is badass but come on, breaking the humans limit?? this aint dragonball where we can
According to me, training and fighting with a über Jiraya is plenty enough to have taken the first steps into "badassnes"!

Hmm. Dragonball to me as well as many others was a classic series which influenced many people around the world. Even Kishimoto confessed to being a Toriyama fan. Do that many people hate "saiyans and horrible stuff like that"? The only part I do not like about Dragonball is the Buu saga, which I thought was unnecessary and the story should have ended with the death of Gouku.

As for Naruto being a Genin, all I have to say that you do not need so called "rank" to kick ass. : )

Franggio
Sat, 04-23-2005, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by: Psyke

Originally posted by: Franggio

Hmm. Dragonball to me as well as many others was a classic series which influenced many people around the world. Even Kishimoto confessed to being a Toriyama fan. Do that many people hate "saiyans and horrible stuff like that"? The only part I do not like about Dragonball is the Buu saga, which I thought was unnecessary and the story should have ended with the death of Gouku.

As for Naruto being a Genin, all I have to say that you do not need so called "rank" to kick ass. : )
__________________________________________________ _____________________________________________

Ok I was prolly wrong about the dbz thing, i liked that one, only thing I wanted to say was that no
matter how fricken strong Itachi is, he has a limit, and that limit is reachable for the others aswell
it aint like DBZ, they never have a limit, it just keeps going on and on and on.
And I so do agree with the "rank" remark.

MisterBigs
Sat, 04-23-2005, 02:53 PM
I don't think that Kakashi has developed the mangekyou. You should take into consideration that Obito had a one dot sharingan when he died and Kakashi has developed it into a three dot sharingan. So, if he was able to bring the one dot up to three dots it is possible to also raise it to the mangekyou sharingan. But, like I said I don't think he has done this.

I am leaning more towards the theory of he did something to his eye that will not allow the mangekyou to work on him.

2:25
Sat, 04-23-2005, 04:00 PM
This chapter was a total cliff hanger. I want more more moreeeeee!

And I don't think Kakashi has mangekyou either. He might have started some sort of sneak attack while everyone was talking though...(aka. his new technique)

Jaredster
Sat, 04-23-2005, 04:10 PM
considering that practically every allegation ever made in anime towards someone being blind is implying that they failed to realize something, i figured it was pretty obvious.......and i dont care how direct of a translation it is, because it still doesn't argue my point

but whatever, despite there being no practical rationality for kishimoto to weaken itachi's character at this point in the series, there's no point in arguing it until next week's chapter comes out.......

although then again Y, you were one of those people who took some of the more random details presented in the series seriously, am I right? Like the part about Gai being better than Itachi? I shouldn't be surprised about you taking the blind eye thing literally, in that case

More people are taking to the "going blind theory" more than your theory because it sounds more intriguing.

I mean, imagine, the sharigan having a expiration date.

Sat, 04-23-2005, 04:22 PM
Wait, wait...new theory:
remember what the granny said about attacking behind and then, Kakashi telling Naruto that "You'll be my back up."
Let's rewind to the episodes with Haku and stuff: remember how Sasuke and Naruto saved Kakashi outta that bubble thing?
Yeah, I think something similar is gonna happen.

sangai
Sat, 04-23-2005, 05:13 PM
unfortunately i see the series gettin the unfortunate clichee of dbz...with the search for the 7 remaining demons..(search for the 7 dragon balls)...i dunno i will continue to love the series..and i don't mind the dbz comparisons and similarities..but i swear if there is like 1 person actually reserected to be good alive and well..then i dunno..death is a part of this series..and i don't mind seein naruto gettin his ass handed to him..but come on with itachi goin teh blindzors we can't really say much cause the whole situation has changed if his eyesight is as poor as kakashi hopes.

so i think thats why kakashi is so confident..but all it takes is for a slip up on kakashi's part and to look at itachi's face ...then he is screwed..unless sakura knows how to counter the mangekyou sharingan illusions..i mean hell chiyo knew alot abotu teh uchiha's maybe tsunade talk teh sakura a ting or twoz.

Y
Sat, 04-23-2005, 05:17 PM
although then again Y, you were one of those people who took some of the more random details presented in the series seriously, am I right? Like the part about Gai being better than Itachi? I shouldn't be surprised about you taking the blind eye thing literally, in that case

yeah I am so silly for taking Gai's statement "I can work around the Sharingan" seriously.

i/expressions/rolleye.gif

unfortunately i see the series gettin the unfortunate clichee of dbz...with the search for the 7 remaining demons..(search for the 7 dragon balls

This is a stupid fucking stretch of a comparison.

Jaredster
Sat, 04-23-2005, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by: sangai
unfortunately i see the series gettin the unfortunate clichee of dbz...with the search for the 7 remaining demons..(search for the 7 dragon balls)...i dunno i will continue to love the series..and i don't mind the dbz comparisons and similarities..but i swear if there is like 1 person actually reserected to be good alive and well..then i dunno..death is a part of this series..and i don't mind seein naruto gettin his ass handed to him..but come on with itachi goin teh blindzors we can't really say much cause the whole situation has changed if his eyesight is as poor as kakashi hopes.

so i think thats why kakashi is so confident..but all it takes is for a slip up on kakashi's part and to look at itachi's face ...then he is screwed..unless sakura knows how to counter the mangekyou sharingan illusions..i mean hell chiyo knew alot abotu teh uchiha's maybe tsunade talk teh sakura a ting or twoz.

You are sort of going off on a tangent with the simularities right about now. 7 is just a number, it's not like they are gathering them to make a wish.

Assertn
Sat, 04-23-2005, 08:09 PM

yeah I am so silly for taking Gai's statement "I can work around the Sharingan" seriously.

you're so silly for thinking that all it takes to beat itachi is to not look into his eyes i/expressions/rolleye.gif

Y
Sat, 04-23-2005, 08:38 PM
Where did I say that? Nowhere.

eye roll

SK
Sat, 04-23-2005, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by: 2-25
This chapter was a total cliff hanger. I want more more moreeeeee!

And I don't think Kakashi has mangekyou either. He might have started some sort of sneak attack while everyone was talking though...(aka. his new technique)

then what did itachi mean by "kakashi-san...you coulden't have...."
http://img250.echo.cx/img250/6931/109in.png

Sat, 04-23-2005, 09:51 PM
"Kakashi-san...you couldn't have possibly came up with a plan to defeat me" ?!?! ??!

or something along those lines i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

mage
Sun, 04-24-2005, 12:33 AM
Sakura will beat tsukiyomi with her second personality. We all know it's coming, so don't complain when it happens.

Y
Sun, 04-24-2005, 01:02 AM
Also it is almost certain that Itachi is degrading his vision since the word used doesn't mean vision metaphorically, it means it literally.

Psyke
Sun, 04-24-2005, 01:14 AM
It can also mean that Itachi overlooked something, most probably about Kakashi, as Kakashi said something about Itachi being careless.

ohpeekaboo
Sun, 04-24-2005, 01:14 AM
? what is the japanese word for vision failing metaphorically anyway? well, the more i think about it, the more it seems like kakashi is referring to itachi missing something concerning kakashi's sharingan. he makes that "how much has your eyesight fallen?" just as he shows his own eye.. and then i dunno.. the next shot of itachi's sharingan sort of seemed like he was using it to discern what kakashi did.. hence the next bit of dialogue "kakashi.. you couldn't have.."

Y
Sun, 04-24-2005, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by: Psyke
It can also mean that Itachi overlooked something, most probably about Kakashi, as Kakashi said something about Itachi being careless.

No, it can't, because the word used does not mean metaphorical vision, it mean literal eyesight.

Like I said in my last post.

ohpeekaboo
Sun, 04-24-2005, 01:22 AM
yeah and i'm asking you what the word is, and what the other word that would mean metaphorical is then.

Y
Sun, 04-24-2005, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by: ohpeekaboo
yeah and i'm asking you what the word is, and what the other word that would mean metaphorical is then.

Nice try being a smartass, but no one was talking to you.

EDIT:

"'shiryoku' does not at all refer to power of observation - just means eyesight in Japanese, and has nothing to do with powers of observation."

I don't know what the word for metaphorical word would be, and I copied this from somewhere else so I'm relying on their Japanese translating abilities. Happy?

Psyke
Sun, 04-24-2005, 01:49 AM
"'shiryoku' does not at all refer to power of observation - just means eyesight in Japanese, and has nothing to do with powers of observation."

I don't know what the word for metaphorical word would be, and I copied this from somewhere else so I'm relying on their Japanese translating abilities. Happy?

I'm not sure about the japanese translations so I can't really tell who's right. If Y is right that would mean that the Sharingan has yet another weakness, in addition to sucking up the user's chakra. But if Y is wrong and that Itachi did overlook something about Kakashi, it would make way for a more interesting story due to Kakashi's new jutsu/sharingan secret.

Franggio
Sun, 04-24-2005, 07:19 AM
Well we all can sit here and discuss if the translation is correct...but come on ppl, we will never be sure untill Kishimoto himself showes us
in next weeks chapter...or the week after
But it's pretty fun to discuss it, aint it? i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif
Well anyways I would have to agree with Y.
It doesn't meen "power of observation" it literaly means "eyesight" i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

SK
Sun, 04-24-2005, 07:22 AM
im actually gonna agree with Y also, i took it literally.

Hakeem_21
Sun, 04-24-2005, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo
I hate how fucking enthusiastic Naruto is on fighting Itachi, it's so silly to think Naruto could even scratch Itachi's left finger nail. I'll kill Kishimoto if Naruto manages to stay alive VS Itachi.

Damn, why must this series have such a bad main character. Kill Naruto and focus on Sasuke instead. Or Neji.

Or Udon.

Other than that it's badass shit!

If the main was Sasuke who is so hated by naruto fans,this manga would be doomed. Even if Neji is cool,there have been millions of mangas with main charachters like Neji genius and everything.

Also Naruto must survive Itachi not cuase he is the main characther cause Itachi wants him alive. If he wanted to kill him,Naruto wouldnt even last ten seconds against him.

kAi
Sun, 04-24-2005, 08:44 AM
I reckon he could fight Itachi longer than 10 seconds, I reckon he could give him a bit of a fight now. I think he would lose in the end, but yeah I don't think he would do that badly against him.

Terracosmo
Sun, 04-24-2005, 09:04 AM
"Even if Neji is cool,there have been millions of mangas with main charachters like Neji genius and everything."

But there're even more manga with stupid main characters of unexpected strength which eats a lot... ;D

Psyke
Sun, 04-24-2005, 09:31 AM
"Even if Neji is cool,there have been millions of mangas with main charachters like Neji genius and everything."

But there're even more manga with stupid main characters of unexpected strength which eats a lot... ;D

Hahaha! Quite right!

ChaosK
Sun, 04-24-2005, 02:30 PM
lol very true terra but, we all know naruto is going to survive like hakeem said because, they need him alive and whether we like it or not kishimoto already made naruto a main character and isnt going to kill him off near the climax of the manga...or maybe away from climax i dunno i'd say this is pretty close.

true sasuke is hated by millions of naruto fans only because of his obsession with his brother and neji who is considered cool to many does not have the attitude needed to be the main character.

in this manga the main character has to be somebody that starts out weak, then builds up and eventually becomes strong, not somebody who was genius, and then went to super genius.

more or less there is a lesson here...

JFDrummer430
Sun, 04-24-2005, 04:17 PM
Quick thought: How likely do you think it will be that Sasuke will appear during this fight to try and take out Itachi?

Deblas
Sun, 04-24-2005, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by: JFDrummer430
Quick thought: How likely do you think it will be that Sasuke will appear during this fight to try and take out Itachi?

Do you really want us to answer that for you?

EDIT: None

Kalean
Sun, 04-24-2005, 07:22 PM
Alright, my 2.5 cents are long overdue. Yes, I'm sure you're all glad to see me posting again. *Dodges a rotten apple from Mut@t@* Yeah, thanks. Anyways, since you guys have been discussing the eyesight comment to death... (And the word does only mean eyesight, not observation, although the literal definition isn't helpful.) and there is no side that doesn't get yelled at in that argument, let's see if we can take a brief sidetrack. Before that, however, my quick analysis is that, whatever it is that Kakashi was saying, it's *SERIOUS*, since we know Itachi is one of the most well composed characters in the manga. For something to break his composure that completely and utterly, it must be devastatingly important. Poor Itachi.

Aaanyways, moving along, just how obvious was it to everyone that Kishimoto ignored all character conventions in the hopes of creating a Gai v. Kisame 1 on 1 fight? It's common knowledge that rushing in as a clustered group makes you easier to hit than attacking separately, and Tenten isn't even a close combat fighter in the first place. While we're on the subject, Lee can't move while in the water prison? Can we say paralysis jutsu? Lee's leg weights alone must somehow (defying all logic) weigh several tons, as the effect they produced on the Chuunin prelim arena was ... roughly equivalent to two cars being dropped from high altitude, if not more drastic. I wouldn't put it past him (or especially past Gai) to have upgraded his training regimen to include weights in his new spiffy Chuunin vest. If Lee can't move in the hydro prison, then it's more than likely that Neji and Tenten (if not Lee too) would be instantly crushed by the sheer pressure of the water. How's that for a physics dilemma?

... Have I sidetracked enough yet?

Kineda
Sun, 04-24-2005, 07:35 PM
I cant believe people are seriously discussing Itachi going blind. It makes no sense all and if you look at the flow of the conversation it points to being more metaphorical in meaning than literal.

I thought Kakashi copied the mangekyou at first. But this seems rediculous.

Maybe an Anti Tsukiyomi sharingan technique?

Also I hope we see Amaretsu in action.

Assertn
Sun, 04-24-2005, 08:19 PM
Kalean, are you implying that lee should be able to do what kakashi could not?

Ryllharu
Sun, 04-24-2005, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by: Kineda
I cant believe people are seriously discussing Itachi going blind. It makes no sense all and if you look at the flow of the conversation it points to being more metaphorical in meaning than literal.

I thought Kakashi copied the mangekyou at first. But this seems rediculous.

Maybe an Anti Tsukiyomi sharingan technique?

First of all, as others have said the word they use means literal eyesight, not anything else. I can't read Japanese, so I'm going to go with that. We won't know for sure what Kakashi meant until a few chapters, so we can all assume whatever we want.

I can't believe that people aren't taking the concept that Itachi might be losing his eyesight seriously enough. It makes perfect sense. Given a technique that is THAT powerful and drains Itachi of all people that much, is it really that much of a stretch that it puts a huge strain on the body part where a huge amount of chakra is flowing into? I don't think so.

Think about Lee. His gate techniques release the restrictions on the flow of chakra but ultimately damage him over time. If the Mangekyou uses that much chakra from Itachi, there must be an enormous amount of chakra flowing through Itachi's eyes. That must put some sort of strain on them.

Maybe if all you Itachi fanboys would brown-nosing Itachi as closely as you do, maybe you might consider this as a possibility for Itachi to lose. He will probably lose sometime, he will probably have to given the direction the manga is moving in. Yeah, its a cheap way to finish off a character with Itachi's skills, but who is to say that Itachi couldn't still kick Naruto and Sasuke's asses if he goes completely blind. He was the ANBU leader LONG before he got the Mangekyou and do you really have that little respect for your idol to think that he'd be that considerably weakened by losing his vision? Just think of the old Zatoichi movies.

At least if he lost his eyesight completely and still won the majority of his battles, he'd be a more interesting character than Sasuke.

Shin_Naruto
Sun, 04-24-2005, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by: Kalean
If Lee can't move in the hydro prison, then it's more than likely that Neji and Tenten (if not Lee too) would be instantly crushed by the sheer pressure of the water. How's that for a physics dilemma?

You know nothing about physics.

EDIT:
vvvvvvv

He thinks there is pressure being applied in the Water Prison which is keeping Lee from moving. Since Lee is 'super strong', and unable to move, said pressure must be enormous.

What he doesnt understand is that pressure is applied from every direction evenly and therefore strength isnt a factor. If his physics model were true; deep sea subs that look at the sea shore in several tones of pressure would require HUGE amounts of hydrolic power to move any part of the craft.

Mut
Sun, 04-24-2005, 10:14 PM
What the fuck does Lee not being able to move have anything to do with Neji and Tenten being crushed? Is Lee's body somehow more resilient to water pressure than Neji's?

Y
Sun, 04-24-2005, 10:18 PM
The theory behind this would be that Lee can comfortably withstand 2 tons of pressure but is paralyzed by the water prison.

Of course wearing weights constantly doesn't increase your bone density, it cripples you. And people can't run at superspeed. So who fucking cares about physics.

Assertn
Sun, 04-24-2005, 11:02 PM
the point of the water prison is to suspend the person so they are stuck in place. When kakashi was in the water prison, he could still look around and move his limbs, because its not a matter of water pressure that keeps him from doing so. However, like Shin_naruto said, when you're in a place where all the forces applied to you are equal, then you won't be able to move anywhere. Imagine drifting in space.....no matter how strong you are, you wont be able to control how you move around.....

Roko
Sun, 04-24-2005, 11:32 PM
Yeah, its like what Assertn said. Also, this is about ninjas, who sort of defy the laws of physics. Physics is pretty much (BUT not completely) not applied to any ninja in naruto's world.

Shin_Naruto
Mon, 04-25-2005, 01:37 AM
Asserts got the right idea. Think of the water prison like Space.
Space, for all intents and purposes, has nothing for your movements to interact with causing no interaction of forces for any sort of directional motion.

....Jesus was a Ninja.

Psyke
Mon, 04-25-2005, 05:37 AM
Think you guys are dwelling on the physics thing a little too much, especially about Lee being able to withstand more pressure than Neji or Ten Ten. If physics really played such an important part can anyone tell me what might happen if Neji used his Kaiten in the water prison? A super sized rasengan balloon?

basey44
Mon, 04-25-2005, 07:07 AM
dont be a fool psyke, that would just spin the water in one direction like naruto in rasengan training, the actual rasengan spins in all direction. lol just making sure people get the facts right i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Psyke
Mon, 04-25-2005, 07:15 AM
Yah that's why I used the word balloon, as in the naruto training........ : )

basey44
Mon, 04-25-2005, 09:52 AM
my bad i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

Hakeem_21
Mon, 04-25-2005, 10:12 AM

That's cause we like stupid main charachters that eats a lot i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

The only Naruto charachter i would like to see as a main characther other than Naruto is Rock Lee who isnt the stupid main charachter type but he would be a new kind of main charachter atleast for me and it would be alot funnier for sure i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

PSJ
Mon, 04-25-2005, 11:38 AM
we like stupid main characters that eat alot? i dont. naruto is cool when he's serious but not when he acts stupid.

shannaro's scanlation was quite good, cant wait for the next chp. i wanna see how good kakashi has gotten. and is it only me or does kisame seem like 10 times as strong as when they attacked konoha?

Psyke
Mon, 04-25-2005, 11:43 AM
Granted Kisame looks really strong now, but back then he didn't really have a chance to show off. He could have thrashed Asuma back then if not for the interferences from Kakashi and Gai. And Kisame does look much much stronger than Zabuza. Anyone remember it was stated they were part of a 7 man team years back? Would be interesting to find out more about this group, though I'm pretty sure Kisame would be the strongest.

PSJ
Mon, 04-25-2005, 11:58 AM
yea the power he got now suits him better. it really shows how strong the akatsuki is to, he fights gai while immobilizing 2 chuunin and a jounin and people thought this guy was just jounin strength. i also want to know about the other 5 of those mist katana shinobi, i mean unless kisame was loads stonger than the rest of them the are bound to show up sometime.

SK
Mon, 04-25-2005, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by: Shin_Naruto

If Lee can't move in the hydro prison, then it's more than likely that Neji and Tenten (if not Lee too) would be instantly crushed by the sheer pressure of the water. How's that for a physics dilemma?

You know nothing about physics.

EDIT:
vvvvvvv

He thinks there is pressure being applied in the Water Prison which is keeping Lee from moving. Since Lee is 'super strong', and unable to move, said pressure must be enormous.

What he doesnt understand is that pressure is applied from every direction evenly and therefore strength isnt a factor. If his physics model were true; deep sea subs that look at the sea shore in several tones of pressure would require HUGE amounts of hydrolic power to move any part of the craft.

ROFL PWND

Kalean
Mon, 04-25-2005, 07:22 PM
First off, the 'physics dilemma' I mentioned was intended to be a humorous comment that was only half logical. I'm fairly certain some people still possess a sense of humor. Secondly, the part of it that was by my way of thinking, logical, had nothing to do with the resiliency of the kids' skin. The idea was that if someone routinely walks around, kicks, flexes, and even hyper extends his legs with multi-ton weights attached, they should at least be able to move their body within the prison. Kakashi was able to do so, and as amazing as he is, we're relatively certain he's not THAT ridiculously strong ;P So there shouldn't be any seriously heavy pressure in the first place. The mention of water pressure was a half-joking explanation as to why Lee couldn't move, because in actuality, being the same technique, there's really no reason he shouldn't be able to. However, in opposition to what I believe Shin_Naruto's statement was saying, evenly applied pressure would still have to have a great force behind it to prevent movement altogether. If you doubt that, you can easily find many examples of aquatic lifeforms or even suit protected (but not necessarily power-assisted) divers that can move in high pressure areas of the ocean. If Shin_Naruto is actually defending the idea that water pressure is the factor that prevents Lee from moving, then he is as incorrect as I was in my jest. Obviously, water pressure is not the reason Lee has suddenly experienced a new side effect of the water prison that Kakashi before him did not, it's shoddy writing ;P

Deblas
Mon, 04-25-2005, 07:25 PM
Kakashi was able to do so, and as amazing as he is, we're relatively certain he's not THAT ridiculously strong

No he couldn't. It was with the help of naruto and sasuke that he got out.

Kalean
Mon, 04-25-2005, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by: Deblas

Kakashi was able to do so, and as amazing as he is, we're relatively certain he's not THAT ridiculously strong

No he couldn't. It was with the help of naruto and sasuke that he got out.

Kakashi was able to MOVE inside the water prison, not get himself out of it. There's a big difference between being able to move your body, and being able to escape.

kAi
Mon, 04-25-2005, 09:28 PM
Well Kisame is stronger than what I thought he is to be, but Gai would have to be up there also. Kisame didn't really get a chance to prove himself back in Konoha, but now that he is hear, he is really showing promise.

The genius always gets caught
First Kakashi in the prison, and now it is Neji's turn.

Yeah, it would actually be good to see the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist, did Zabuza say that he was the strongest, I'm not to sure, can't really remember, and I'm too lazy to go look. Can anyone confirm this?

Shin_Naruto
Tue, 04-26-2005, 12:51 AM
First off, the 'physics dilemma' I mentioned was intended to be a humorous comment that was only half logica

That shit will get you killed around here.

samsonlonghair
Tue, 04-26-2005, 01:29 AM
What AssertnFailure said makes sense. If I call someone myopic, in literal terms I'm calling him near-sighted. What I figuratively mean is that he's managed to miss an important detail.

I don't believe that Zabuza ever claimed to be the strongest of the seven swordsman from Mist. Zabuza was a cruel individual, and he thought he was very smart, but he never claimed to be anything beyond jounin in strenght. He even said that Haku could probably beat him.

Assertn
Tue, 04-26-2005, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by: Roko
Yeah, its like what Assertn said.

Originally posted by: Shin_Naruto
Asserts got the right idea.

Originally posted by: samsonlonghair
What AssertnFailure said makes sense.

well im glad everyone is becoming pro-assertn i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif
my work here is done

Mut
Tue, 04-26-2005, 12:06 PM
stfu, noob. Go make me a sandwich.

Marks
Tue, 04-26-2005, 12:55 PM
I think the "Kakashi, you couldn't have..." thing is that Kakashi found the secret room under the floor in that house where the Uchiha secrets were. It sound's reasonable.
It's about time they tore those houses down IMO. Maybe they used the materials to rebuild Konoha after the war.

hiten mitsurugi
Tue, 04-26-2005, 01:47 PM
Itachi's optic nerves disentegrate each time he uses mangekyou (or any other high level sharingan ability), because of the increased cantra flow to the eyes. His normal sharingan will be affected soon. Itachi's on his way out boys. LOL. Team Kakashi will own him.

Hakeem_21
Wed, 04-27-2005, 09:45 AM
Kisame is as many have said stronger than he showed in konoha. I only hope Gai showes what he is capable of in the next chapter.
I wanna see how good Lee's taijutsu and techniques is compared to his sensei.

Prof. Chaos
Wed, 04-27-2005, 12:44 PM
Several points.

1) I take it too that Itachi is going blind slowly from the use of the Mangekyou. Also on further speculation that Itachi, if he goes through with that techinnique again, will be drained and will have to face Naruto, Sakura, and the old lady.

2) At first I thought too that Kakashi got the Mangekyou. Then I said why not cause he was able to grow the Sharingan from Obito from 2 to 3, so why not. However, I think its more likely that he developed a new anti-Mangekyou technique or is able to withstand it cause only another Sharingan user can fight him.

3) It seems that Kisame must have gotten his beast and got the power from it for his Chakra is unbelievable to Neji. So his Chakra level must be that of Naruto and Gaara or higher even for his age and experience. Also I would loved to have seen Lee take him on. Also I think Gai will have to open some of the gates to protect those that he loves as well, as he always said to Lee.

JusDaMan
Wed, 04-27-2005, 03:08 PM
Inane version out VIA IRC ONLY

Hakeem_21
Wed, 04-27-2005, 03:50 PM
Wow Inane are so fast nowadays. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

I dumped inane a while ago for Shannaro who are both good and fast.

weakest anbu
Wed, 04-27-2005, 05:52 PM
I love the competition between shannaro and inane... so many more color pics and artwork. Heres my little review:

Inane's translation on itachi's eye sight is much more clear, but shannaro had an entire page of translation note on the topic. So both group did a good job on that. Shannaro also mention it was chiyo who talked in page 11 which makes it a little easier to understand. Visually both group did a good job, i couldnt tell the difference except when I put them side by side, inane's work is a little better. In the end, competition is always a good thing. The quality and quantity of both sub increased... both 10/10 must download!

JusDaMan
Wed, 04-27-2005, 06:19 PM
The thing about This is... BOTH ARE FREE SCANLATIONS.. competition will not drive the quality of each scanlations better. Inane will still continue to do their mastry of clean up no better or no worse than they currently are. shannaro is made of Naruto forum fans. because in chapter 253 i think... Inane's scanlation posted "DO NOT DONATE TO NARUTOFAN" and stuff.

Death BOO Z
Wed, 04-27-2005, 06:20 PM
I only wish that Shannaro would have wrriten the pages number of said colored pages, It would have made things much easier.

weakest anbu
Wed, 04-27-2005, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by: JusDaMan
The thing about This is... BOTH ARE FREE SCANLATIONS.. competition will not drive the quality of each scanlations better. Inane will still continue to do their mastry of clean up no better or no worse than they currently are. shannaro is made of Naruto forum fans. because in chapter 253 i think... Inane's scanlation posted "DO NOT DONATE TO NARUTOFAN" and stuff.

naive~~~

its true inane will continue to do a good job... but that also pushes shannaro to do a better job at cleaning. On the other hand, shannaro is faster than inane, so inane is going to try keep up the pace. When 2 different groups are doing the same project, they wont shake each other hands but instead they compete. Why? Because they are human and its only human nature to compete. So when they compete, we benefits~~ so no need to get all hyper just chill and enjoy the better releases.

kAi
Wed, 04-27-2005, 10:37 PM
It would be cool if Sasuke went to fight Itachi and he was blind, hehe.
It would make me laugh.

What an idiot, why use a power that fucks up your eyes when you aren't in a pinch.
He was just using it freely in Konoha, some genius.

drcitan
Thu, 04-28-2005, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by: Prof. Chaos
Several points.

1) I take it too that Itachi is going blind slowly from the use of the Mangekyou. Also on further speculation that Itachi, if he goes through with that techinnique again, will be drained and will have to face Naruto, Sakura, and the old lady.

2) At first I thought too that Kakashi got the Mangekyou. Then I said why not cause he was able to grow the Sharingan from Obito from 2 to 3, so why not. However, I think its more likely that he developed a new anti-Mangekyou technique or is able to withstand it cause only another Sharingan user can fight him.

3) It seems that Kisame must have gotten his beast and got the power from it for his Chakra is unbelievable to Neji. So his Chakra level must be that of Naruto and Gaara or higher even for his age and experience. Also I would loved to have seen Lee take him on. Also I think Gai will have to open some of the gates to protect those that he loves as well, as he always said to Lee.

1. I haven't read inane version so Im not sure but I don't think Itachi's vison is going bad. Hes already paid the price for the eyes by killing his best friend plus it drains a huge amount of chakra. Anymore disadvantages would be ridiculus.

2. I don't think Itachi will even use mangekyou sharingan in this fight because of the number of opponents hes facing plus the fact that kakashi knows about its weakness....but then again I could be wrong.

3. Why does Kisame have to have a Youma just because the amount of chakra he has is on par with Naruto's nine tails chakra of THREE YEARS AGO. Yeah Naruto has a lot of chakra due to the nine tails but you have to remember he only let out a certain amount of it when he was fighting Neji plus his body can only hold so much because of his size. Kisame was even given credit that he stands out among the Akastuki as far as the amount of chakra he posesses. Who knows maybe even his sword was giving off an aura of chakra since we all know one of its abilitys of devouring chakra.

Death BOO Z
Thu, 04-28-2005, 06:11 AM
Actually, it's more likely that the sword is hiding bits of his chackra...

if we consider that Neji only saw Naruto's chackra while they were fighting, and that it was proabably a small amount of what Naruto is now able to extract... so Kisame probably has an even greater amount, and he uses the sword to keep it hidden.

at least, that's what i hope.

kAi
Thu, 04-28-2005, 05:11 PM
He wont use it because there is 4 opponents, wow, only one more than what he had when he was inside Konoha.

I don't think that would be an issue, I'm more thinking you wont see it because Kishimoto wants to show that it's bad side is, over use, deteriorates his eyes. I think that is a good thing, it has consequences when you use it.

Hakeem_21
Fri, 04-29-2005, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by: kAi
It would be cool if Sasuke went to fight Itachi and he was blind, hehe.
It would make me laugh.

What an idiot, why use a power that fucks up your eyes when you aren't in a pinch.
He was just using it freely in Konoha, some genius.

Yeah that wasnt smart of him also he is suppose to be a level or two better than Kakashi, so why use a theq with that kind of side effect.

If he use it again against Naruto and co.......

Assertn
Mon, 05-02-2005, 01:00 PM
i just remembered...........
where the hell did pakkun go?

i wonder if he ran off to get more backup

Hakeem_21
Tue, 05-03-2005, 07:23 AM
Or maybe he went back to the dimension that summoned animals live in.

basey44
Tue, 05-03-2005, 07:29 AM
lol i dont even remember pakkun being there

Psyke
Tue, 05-03-2005, 07:34 AM
Thing to ponder about: Where do they go when they are not summoned? Alternate dimension? Else where in the village? Appearing only when summoned? Dogs maybe they can just stay in the village when not called upon but where the heck do giant frogs go?

Y
Tue, 05-03-2005, 09:04 AM
Jiraiya said his throat summon came from a frog at the Myouki Mountain "Rock Inn", so I guess there is some weird ass giant animal place where they hang out.

LobsterMagnet
Tue, 05-03-2005, 09:41 AM
I was always under the impression that all the summon animals lived in their own alternate etheral dimension. Jiraiya did say that the summon jutsu was a jutsu that affects the control of space time.

Assertn
Tue, 05-03-2005, 12:04 PM
gamabunta was all like "It's been a while since i've been out"
so i imagine they dont normally exist somewhere in naruto's realm

if you play the naruto gamecube games, you can fight in a room filled with scrolls and water, where a bunch of the toad summons live i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Hakeem_21
Tue, 05-03-2005, 10:29 PM
They must exist somewhere they just dont vanish when they arent in the human world,they must have thier own world since this a manga based on mythology.

That room can be thier world.