PDA

View Full Version : WDs Japan Blog!

Winged Dancer
Thu, 04-21-2005, 10:28 PM
So hello everyone. This here is where Ill put my general impressions and stuff that happens to me in some sort of diary or something. If you have any questions regarding Japan, my life or the size of my hips (hint: check the other Japan topic), please PM me. Hell, PM anyway, I like receiving those!!

So Im staying with a family. They are all really nice people, so Ill introduce them to you...

Miyuki - Whom Ill call Okaasan, cause thats what I call her anyway. Shes my host mother and probably the kindest woman Ive met in a while... she helps me with everything and even made me a book bag cause mine got broken. Shes a housewife and the one I talk to the most.

Yutaka - Otousan, my father. He was born in Kyoto and now works at a company in Harajuku. Hes rather silent but a good person... works all day so I havent been able to talk with him much. Er... he really likes TV and will watch any program that seems to be on at the time.

Shunsuke - Shun-chan in my lil brother, four years old, hyperactive as hell. He likes bugs. Bugs are really IN in Japan because of a TV program called Mushi King (King of Beetles/Bugs) and so he keeps two or three bugs as pets and has one more that has already died but he keeps it anyway and tortures me with it and GAAAAH.

I arrived here last saturday night, I made around 20 hours from my country to the house Im living in. Tiring as hell.
I have absolutely no problems comunicating with the japanese, even though sometimes I have to act out certain words that I just dont know.... smart me forgot to bring a dictionary along. Im buying one today at Akihabara though.

Everything is fucking expensive. Lets put it like this... to ride the Subway in my country costs 2 pesos, around 20 dollar cents.
Here each ride is around five dollars.
My three-month ticket was about 500 dollars.
500 fucking dollars!!!!!!
SO yeah.

Also, they really like Pachinko (sort of pinball) and Slots. And when I say they like it I mean LIKE it. They have Manga about them and Anime about them and Pros.

Remember when you first read Hikaru no Go? And wondered "Why the hell do they have Go pros?"? Well, they have slots pros as well.
Slot mangas are like sports manga as well. Imagine it with Hikaru no Go as well...

Hikaru: *spins the slots* Oh, I lost again! Sai, teach me how to get all sevens!!

Akira: *Comes in, spins the slots, gets all sevens* Shindou... you will never surpass me.

(Dramatic backgrounds and music)

Hikaru: Akira... one day Ill win the slots, youll see.

And so on. Its kinda ridiculous, really, but thats cultural differences for you.

Anyway, I think I might be about to faint (seriously. seriously seriously) so Ill go and do so in the hallway or somewhere where peoplell find me, so later!!

WD.

Cute. But all this can go in your original Japan thread. Locked.

GotWoot Moderator