PDA

View Full Version : GITS: SAC 2nd Gig

Bensam123
Thu, 04-21-2005, 11:26 AM
Given its popularity and huge fan base why aren't there any major groups fansubbing it?

I know theres LMF but it's a one man operation and probably be a half a year before the entire series is finished even though it was done at the begining of the year. Everyones... stalled....?

Swallow Your Soul
Thu, 04-21-2005, 11:39 AM
i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif

http://forums.gotwoot.net/messageview.cfm?catid=14&threadid=14538&enterthrea d=y

Edit - Ok - but you could have asked this question in that thread...

As far as I know, major groups aren't subbing it because I'm guessing like the 1st series, its licensed. Thats just a guess though. I seem to remember the first series got dropped in the first place by AonE or whoever it was when it got licensed...

Bensam123
Thu, 04-21-2005, 11:42 AM
I already searched the forums and that doesn't answer my question...

Ryllharu
Thu, 04-21-2005, 02:53 PM
I took your first post as containing a bit of a whiny tone, so I'm going to abandon all tact.

1) Just in case you never happened to notice, GITS: SAC 2nd Gig was LICENSED along with the other 26 eps of 1st Gig. That kinda detracts a lot of groups from picking it up and all to prevent from being sued, or some of them actually support licensing so they wouldn't pick it up for that reason either. LMF is one man, and you should be grateful he's subbing it at all.

Either be more patient or just buy/import the dvd's as Bandai releases them.

If you actually HAD searched the forums, you probably would have notice that it was licensed.

2) Maybe you didn't notice from the eps that are out, but GiTS is REALLY hard to translate, filled with about some of the most complex and technical language around. Not to mention a lot of terms that need to be researched. LMF has a job, a life, and this one is new to subbing (as he said when he replaced the old one), so give him a break. He takes his time, but does a great job.

Bensam123
Thu, 04-21-2005, 03:26 PM
I never insulted or badgered LM or his subs. Please don't mis-interprt lack of patience for lack of respect. They're two very different things (I download DB subs of Naruto because they come out first but I keep AonE on drive for watching again)

I was only aware that the first season of SAC was licensed not the 2nd. Licensing never stopped fansubs from appearing (left side mainpage of gotwoot.net).

Yes, I did notice all the techno lingo and hard translations. That is impart why I'm on this forum and not some other subbers. I saw AonE subbed most of season one so I assumed that it wasn't above the abilities of such a group. (I have season one on HD of AonE up till they dropped it then I switched over to anime.fin).

So the answer is people don't want to take the time with such a hard translation?

Swallow Your Soul
Thu, 04-21-2005, 06:49 PM
The main one would be because they don't want to get sued. Licensing HAS stopped groups working on projects, they did on GitS, so LMF took over, they did on Gantz, so W-Dreamers took over etc etc. I don't think I've seen many AonE subbed shows, but from what I heard at the time GitS got licensed, they have a policy of not working on licensed anime. So do other groups.

Bensam123
Thu, 04-21-2005, 06:53 PM
Naruto...

Munsu
Thu, 04-21-2005, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by: Swallow Your Soul
The main one would be because they don't want to get sued. Licensing HAS stopped groups working on projects, they did on GitS, so LMF took over, they did on Gantz, so W-Dreamers took over etc etc. I don't think I've seen many AonE subbed shows, but from what I heard at the time GitS got licensed, they have a policy of not working on licensed anime. So do other groups.

They do work on licensed... heck almost all their projects they've worked on got licensed and they continued...

only exceptions have been Bandai and ADV licensed series... hence why they dropped Gundam SEED, Chrno Crusade etc...

Bensam123
Thu, 04-21-2005, 07:47 PM
2nd gig is licensed by one of the for mentioned?

Swallow Your Soul
Thu, 04-21-2005, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by: Budweineken

Originally posted by: Swallow Your Soul

They do work on licensed... heck almost all their projects they've worked on got licensed and they continued...

only exceptions have been Bandai and ADV licensed series... hence why they dropped Gundam SEED, Chrno Crusade etc...

I stand corrected.

^ Edit - I think its Bandai, but I could be wrong (again)