PDA

View Full Version : your faverite unit in gundam history

PTX-003C
Wed, 04-20-2005, 10:46 PM
tell us what is your faverite unit in gundam history
NOTE: is UNIT, not GUNDAM. i don't mind even you say Ball(Balls are cool...)
P.S.: if it's a unit from Wing...i hope you can skip it and find another one, cuz i REALLY do hate Wing

my faverite unit is RX-79 BD-01

Mut
Wed, 04-20-2005, 10:59 PM
Duo's Gundam DeathScythe Custom.

NomoZ
Wed, 04-20-2005, 11:05 PM
Sazabi of course

EDIT: Decided to add my favourite mass-produced Units: Rick Dias and Hi-Zack

PTX-003C
Wed, 04-20-2005, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by: Mut@t@

you didn't read what i said obviusly...=.=b

PTX-003C
Wed, 04-20-2005, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by: NomoZ
Sazabi of course

shasabi is cool....i like it too...but BD-01 has a GM head...it looks cooler...XD

Guardian_2000
Thu, 04-21-2005, 12:19 AM
I actually have two units with a third close behind.

1a.) AGX-04 Gerbera Tetra
1b.) NZ-000 Quin Mantha
2.) AMX-002 Neue Ziel

If we can count mangas and such then my favorite is the S-Gundam/EX-Superior Gundam

Psyke
Thu, 04-21-2005, 12:22 AM
Fave Gundams are:

Domon Kasshu - God Gundam
Amuro Ray - Nu Gundam
Kira Yamato - Aile Strike Gundam

Curium
Thu, 04-21-2005, 12:23 AM
My favorite all time would have to be HeavyArms Custom. I just love when it opens up and fires all of it's weapons at once. Freedom in METEOR is a close second though.

Madell
Thu, 04-21-2005, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by: Psyke
Fave Gundams are:

Amuro Ray - Nu Gundam

OMG He SAID NO GUNDAMS.
my favorite is Gouf Custom from 08th MS Team i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Mut
Thu, 04-21-2005, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by: PTX-003C

Originally posted by: Mut@t@

you didn't read what i said obviusly...=.=b

Oh.

Psyke
Thu, 04-21-2005, 02:05 AM
Originally posted by: Madell

Fave Gundams are:

Amuro Ray - Nu Gundam

OMG He SAID NO GUNDAMS.
my favorite is Gouf Custom from 08th MS Team

Didn't see that......

Can't really think of a fave unit now....... Zaku II perhaps, or Gun Cannon.

Terracosmo
Thu, 04-21-2005, 04:47 AM
Zaku Slash Phantom & Gouf Ignited!

GSD does fantastic revamps on the old units.

PSJ
Thu, 04-21-2005, 07:46 AM
hmm yzaks zaku in GSD is cool.

jing
Thu, 04-21-2005, 08:17 AM
Hi-nu Gundam

kinggalaxia
Thu, 04-21-2005, 06:21 PM
The Gatheley, bitches! Rock!!

and just about any mass-produced unit from Zeta :-D

also, I just started watching Victory Gundam, and I like them Yellowjackets, lol

Souryusen
Thu, 04-21-2005, 07:25 PM
Aile Strike
Shining Gundam

Barumonk
Thu, 04-21-2005, 10:00 PM
Ball = win. 08th MS Team.

PTX-003C
Fri, 04-22-2005, 03:00 AM
Originally posted by: Barumonk
Ball = win. 08th MS Team.

Balls does rock!!!
i wonder...why noone mentioned GMs...
RGM series are nice

Hakeem_21
Fri, 04-22-2005, 08:21 AM
Muu La Fraga's unit in Gundam Seed dont remember its name

Maybe someone else know its name?

Curium
Fri, 04-22-2005, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by: Hakeem_21

TS-MA2mod.00 Moebius Zero (http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/seed/ts-ma2mod.00.htm)

Psyke
Fri, 04-22-2005, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by: Curium

TS-MA2mod.00 Moebius Zero (http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/seed/ts-ma2mod.00.htm)

Sky Grasper?

PTX-003C
Fri, 04-22-2005, 11:17 AM

Sky Grasper?

gunbarrel zero

Mite Gai
Fri, 04-22-2005, 03:06 PM
Definitely Heine's awesome looking orange Gouf Ignited.

burnout
Fri, 04-22-2005, 04:23 PM
justice from gs

and FREEDOM

and strike rouge

(those are the only on's i know next to wing)

It's good that you changed your sig, but now you've broken another rule by using an animated sig that is bigger than the 400 x 80 maximum size. Sigs can't be stolen, animated, and/or bigger than 400 x 80 pixels. Please change it as soon as you read this.

GotWoot Moderator

lilphatboi88
Sat, 04-23-2005, 11:05 PM
Why the hell do you hate Gundam Wing, it is one the best Gundams eries. And mine, it has to definitely be the Wing Zero.

Mite Gai
Sat, 04-23-2005, 11:09 PM
NO GUNDAMS ALLOWED!!!!!! lol, its so funny how none of them bother to read even the first page.

lilphatboi88
Sat, 04-23-2005, 11:14 PM
I did read the first page, so i said, "why the helld o you hate gundam wing" It never said it wasn't allowed....

Roko
Sat, 04-23-2005, 11:19 PM
Gouf Ignited is awesome. I love that whip!

NomoZ
Sun, 04-24-2005, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by: Mite Gai
NO GUNDAMS ALLOWED!!!!!! lol, its so funny how none of them bother to read even the first page.

Technically a gundam IS a unit. If he didn't want gundams he should have said favourite unit that ISN'T a gundam.

Wren
Sun, 04-24-2005, 11:18 AM
RX-93 Nu Gundam, and also RX-93-2 Hi Nu Gundam :-P

Mite Gai
Sun, 04-24-2005, 11:39 AM
Technically a gundam IS a unit. If he didn't want gundams he should have said favourite unit that ISN'T a gundam.

That is basically what he said on the first page, but if he isn't gonna bother enforcing his own rules then I don't care lol.

Guardian_2000
Sun, 04-24-2005, 04:51 PM
He said it the way he did since he didn't want us to just post gundams. Not gundam units. But all units. We have free choice of whatever. Not just gundams... Thats how it works out unless he did the grammar wrong.

heero
Sun, 04-24-2005, 11:15 PM
I know you don't like anything from wing series but I still have to say that I like Tallgeese III

PTX-003C
Wed, 04-27-2005, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by: lilphatboi88
Why the hell do you hate Gundam Wing, it is one the best Gundams eries. And mine, it has to definitely be the Wing Zero.

because wing is the worst series ever....worst than destiny..=.=b

-no story line
-units are ugly(gundams are not suppose to have wings, and look at wing zero custom, it's a freaking bio weapon!!!)
-the show itself is completely just a firework display, boring
-most charactors are idiots(especially the main female and heero)
-completely bend the physics laws, YOU CANNOT SHOOT A BEAM THAT HUGE WITH A DAMN SMALL GUN LIKE WING'S
-main character self-destructed so many times....and he never dies......gee....is he a clone or something?
-single unit assalt is impossible for ANY units, even RX-78 GP-03 requires backup for refilling
-gundam's armor DOES NOT have that kind of freakening strength to just let you hit and won't get hurt(and don't give me that gundaium bullshit, cuz even first gundam is made out of gundaium)
-units cannot fight alone without any supports, not to mention how much time is needed to fix and refill the amulation, a ship is ALWAYS needed as a backup

Curium
Wed, 04-27-2005, 11:07 AM

-no story line
-units are ugly(gundams are not suppose to have wings, and look at wing zero custom, it's a freaking bio weapon!!!)
-completely bend the physics laws, YOU CANNOT SHOOT A BEAM THAT HUGE WITH A DAMN SMALL GUN LIKE WING'S
-main character self-destructed so many times....and he never dies......gee....is he a clone or something?
-single unit assalt is impossible for ANY units, even RX-78 GP-03 requires backup for refilling
-gundam's armor DOES NOT have that kind of freakening strength to just let you hit and won't get hurt(and don't give me that gundaium bullshit, cuz even first gundam is made out of gundaium)
-units cannot fight alone without any supports, not to mention how much time is needed to fix and refill the amulation, a ship is ALWAYS needed as a backup

Nice set of arguements. I still disagree. I don't care enough to line out arguements, but personally I think the whole UC timeline was much worse. Never cared for any of it. 0083 was the best in my opinion and that was so-so.

PTX-003C
Wed, 04-27-2005, 11:13 AM

-no story line

Nice set of arguements. I still disagree. I don't care enough to line out arguements, but personally I think the whole UC timeline was much worse. Never cared for any of it. 0083 was the best in my opinion and that was so-so.

UC timeline makes more sense in many ways
and team 08 is the best of all....good graphics and good story line
not a super main charactor......

Curium
Wed, 04-27-2005, 11:20 AM

I'll admit I haven't seen 08th MS Team yet. I will look into getting it. What I've seen is 0079, 0080, 0083, most of Zeta, and Char's Counterattack. None of them particularly impressed me. The comment you made abou makeing more sense might be where we differ. When I watch anime I'm not concerned about scientific principals at all. I'm looking for something with a story that interests me, a criteria that Wing fulfilled more then any UC series I've watched, and it isn't just plain ugly (Super Deformed and the like).

Rik
Wed, 04-27-2005, 06:33 PM
My favorite unit has to be Tallgeese III. I don't think it is a gundam. Is it?

NomoZ
Wed, 04-27-2005, 07:20 PM
How could you not be impressed by the main UC story line, especially Zeta and Char's CA. It felt much more epic than any other series, except the original SEED...that's a close 2nd. The battles seemed more realistic too.

As for other UC series, i've seen 08th(awesome), 0083(pretty good until the ending eps), and F91(series turned into a movie...bad). I still have to see 0080 and Victory.

As for Wing, I agree with some of what PTX-003C said...mainly about realism, but I did enjoy the series and ova(I own them both)

Curium
Wed, 04-27-2005, 08:08 PM
How could you not be impressed by the main UC story line, especially Zeta and Char's CA. It felt much more epic than any other series, except the original SEED...that's a close 2nd. The battles seemed more realistic too.

As for other UC series, i've seen 08th(awesome), 0083(pretty good until the ending eps), and F91(series turned into a movie...bad). I still have to see 0080 and Victory.

As for Wing, I agree with some of what PTX-003C said...mainly about realism, but I did enjoy the series and ova(I own them both)

This is hard to explain. The first thing that comes to mind, is that overall the characters in 0079 were by far the most annoying (I'm not saying there aren't annoying characters in others, its just almost every single character in 0079). With Zeta the main character, Kamille Bidan, was by far the most annoying character I've seen in any Gundam (with the exception of the children in 0079). I've been haveing to force myself to sit through Zeta.

I don't think this is a primary reason, but it could contribute. 0079 was the first UC series I saw, but it was the 5th Gundam series. I saw G Gundam, Wing, SEED, and X before I saw any UC.

Also the whole Colony Drop idea just seems rediculous. I'd seen it before and it seemed to get carried out repeatedly in UC. I did appreciate that at least in Char's CA they dropped a meteor rather then a colony. I mean Colonies require a great deal of supplies to build, and they are where the people in space live.

Another thing, I don't care the slightest bit about realism in Sci-Fi. I go into it looking for the most outrageous, unrealistic technology there is. If you think about it Submarine's, Space Travel, and even flight were once considered to be the idea's of mad men. You never know when a scientist will be inspired by something that isn't "realistic" to make it real.

NomoZ
Wed, 04-27-2005, 08:38 PM
Yeah I didn't enjoy 0079 until they went back in space(last 10-15 episodes), and I didn't like most of the characters(stupid english voice actors).
Kamille becomes a much better character as the series progresses(especially after being "corrected" so many times, and his experiences with Four).
Colony Drops were an awesome/creepy idea. Considering how ther aren't any asteroids in earth's orbit it's kinda hard to use any other massive object. Plus there were hundreds/thousands of colonies and they most likely used older/abbandoned ones. Plus the asteroid in Char's CA was a colony/minig facility.
For realism i mainly meant how they always seemed to repair and re-arm themselves so quickly when they didn't have any support most of the time.

PTX-003C
Wed, 04-27-2005, 09:49 PM

I'll admit I haven't seen 08th MS Team yet. I will look into getting it. What I've seen is 0079, 0080, 0083, most of Zeta, and Char's Counterattack. None of them particularly impressed me. The comment you made abou makeing more sense might be where we differ. When I watch anime I'm not concerned about scientific principals at all. I'm looking for something with a story that interests me, a criteria that Wing fulfilled more then any UC series I've watched, and it isn't just plain ugly (Super Deformed and the like).

why wing fulfill most north american's taste?
cuz it's a freaking firework display....start nearly each ep with whole bunch of explosion
and you think UC is bad due to annoying charactor?
what kind of bullshit is that......the whole point why UC is better is because is more interect between charactors...not like in wing...."i will kill you"/"come and kill me, heero" it's writing their personalty!!
and i mean realistic....omg....even is sci-fi.....you can't just bend laws of physics without any reason.....
and how the heck do they rebult W after it's scrapted into pieces cuz of self destruct....
not to mention they seems to have infinite money to buy ammo and resupply materials....
that's completely dumb

darkshadow
Fri, 04-29-2005, 11:49 PM
non gundam... eehh i would say the slash zaku phantom and the zgmf-x2000 gouf ignited and the astray red frame with gerbera straight

kinggalaxia
Sun, 05-01-2005, 12:26 AM
*leaps up & down in joy*

YES! There ARE Universal Century fans here! WOOHOO!!!!

Zeta + CCA = the shit. If I did not know how CCA ended before I watched it, I woulda cried. Flat out. Why? Because I care about the characters; not their shiny explosions and entertainment value.

True Gundam style is emotion, pure emotion. Loving the characters, seeing how war affects and changes them, and then see how they become during the final battle/aftermath.

With that said, I'd say that Gundam Seed Destiny, at least, is a messing of the UC style and the AU style (read: SHINY). Hands down, the best AU ever. But nothing.....nothing beats UC as a whole (0079, 0080, 0083, Zeta, Double Zeta.....ok..DZ sucked a liiittle bit, CCA, F91, and Victory).

lilphatboi88
Sun, 05-01-2005, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by: kinggalaxia

True Gundam style is emotion, pure emotion. Loving the characters, seeing how war affects and changes them, and then see how they become during the final battle/aftermath.

True True. Very True.

PTX-003C
Sun, 05-01-2005, 04:40 AM
Originally posted by: kinggalaxia
*leaps up & down in joy*

YES! There ARE Universal Century fans here! WOOHOO!!!!

Zeta + CCA = the shit. If I did not know how CCA ended before I watched it, I woulda cried. Flat out. Why? Because I care about the characters; not their shiny explosions and entertainment value.

With that said, I'd say that Gundam Seed Destiny, at least, is a messing of the UC style and the AU style (read: SHINY). Hands down, the best AU ever. But nothing.....nothing beats UC as a whole (0079, 0080, 0083, Zeta, Double Zeta.....ok..DZ sucked a liiittle bit, CCA, F91, and Victory).
don't forget team 08, shinning's end and blue destiny

lilphatboi88
Sun, 05-01-2005, 11:19 PM
What do you mean "shinning's end"?

PTX-003C
Sun, 05-01-2005, 11:30 PM
What do you mean "shinning's end"?

sorry..cuz i only translated from the kanji...it's Hathaway's Flash, Gundam F90,
Gundam Sentinel , Gundam Silhouette F91, Crossbone Gundam, Blue Destiny and Gaia Gear