PDA

View Full Version : Manga: Fullmetal Alchemist

Animator
Wed, 04-20-2005, 07:01 PM
Any knows where i could get vol 1 to the latest release?

kAi
Wed, 04-20-2005, 09:21 PM
Do you know how to use IRC?

[Evil_Genius] @ irc.irchighway.net

It should be still up on the bots there.

Animator
Wed, 04-20-2005, 09:51 PM
got any web download site for full metal alchemist?

Deblas
Sat, 04-23-2005, 06:21 PM
I used to get them in a site called manga download.net but they seem to taken the links out. So go here (http://www.dailymanga.org) and search for fullmetal alchemist. They have to have links for the manga. I would search myself but I'm downloading something now so my computer is a bit slow. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Paulyboy
Thu, 05-05-2005, 12:05 PM
Go to www.degree-anime.com - they should have it there.

PSJ
Fri, 09-30-2005, 08:02 PM
Just read the last released chapter and i gotta say the manga is badass, much better than the anime in my opinion and that is saying alot.

Anyone else reading this or have read?

Hakeem_21
Sat, 10-01-2005, 04:00 PM
I started reading the manga scans but stopped now that the manga is out in book form. Since the anime is my fav anime along with Ippo so i wanna collect the books.

I read up to vol 4 in the scans and now two vols are out in book form and when vol 4 is out i will started reading again.

Abdula
Fri, 05-02-2008, 10:51 PM
Um is anyone reading this? I just read the last ten chapters(up to 82) and things have gotten very interesting.

toonice714
Sat, 05-10-2008, 10:33 AM
someone let me know if it goes past the anime ending. I would love to see this series continue

ForteCross
Sat, 05-10-2008, 11:10 AM
the manga and the anime have differents plotlines... so it doesnt past over the anime, it just takes a different way

Archangel
Wed, 07-16-2008, 05:59 PM
Just finished reading the 85th chapter and it rocks, the story is so much more mature than it was in the anime and it's like watching the same characters in a whole new dimension.

Isn't anyone else reading this so we can discuss it?

rockmanj
Fri, 07-18-2008, 12:00 AM
I am, but haven't kept up with it for a couple of months. How often are the chapters released, and where do you get them from?

shinta|hikari
Fri, 07-18-2008, 06:11 AM
I'm reading it, but I disagree with the manga story being more mature than the anime. The anime ending sucked, but the story was brilliant and tied together very well.

The manga however, definitely wins in terms of character development. It also introduces many interesting characters not present in the anime. There is also more Winry and a more developed romance angle.

Lurk has the chapters, and so does onemanga if you want to read online.

Abdula
Fri, 07-18-2008, 09:57 AM
I didn't like the anime story much, Ed and Al seemed alot tamer in the anime and it just got ridiculous near the end when homunculi started popping up everywhere.

I am, but haven't kept up with it for a couple of months. How often are the chapters released, and where do you get them from?
Its in a monthly magazine so we get a new chapter once a month.

Archangel
Sat, 07-19-2008, 02:25 PM
I wouldn't say they were popping up everywhere but sloth getting out exactly where Ed and Al were was a lil far fetched yeah

the last chapter had a kickass ending, i can't believe Al's been possessed by pride, i can't w8 for the next one.

Abdula
Sat, 07-19-2008, 02:32 PM
Yeah well the thing about humans being able to create homunculi by trying to bring the dead back to life didn't sit too well with me.

Yeah, the last chapter was great for so many reasons but as you can see, not much discussion goes on here.

Archangel
Sat, 07-19-2008, 02:38 PM
Not many ppl seem to read the manga around here.

The way to create homunculi hasn't been explained that well so far in the manga, besides the human based ones, we just know it needs a philosopher's stone and countless lives.

Also i'm curious to know more about the alchemy of the ling country, as just what is the reason for the princess to be so uncomfortable when setting foot on Ed's land.

Abdula
Sat, 07-19-2008, 02:51 PM
How homunculi are made has been explained pretty well, although not in full detail. The only thing that hasn't been explained is how "father" was created.

I think her being uncomfortable with it is because the source of their alchemy comes from the energy of the earth while the alchemy in Amestris uses the human life force as a source of power, something like that.

Archangel
Sat, 07-19-2008, 02:57 PM
I bet it isn't as si ple as that, the energy of the earth is probably just a cover up story and the real source of the energy may be way more sinister than that, remember that Father was able to completely stop the power of all the alchemists that used the "normal" method.

Abdula
Sat, 07-19-2008, 03:12 PM
Yeah well as much as I would like discussing conspiracy theories with you I gotta go so we'll take this up another time. Try to do some recruiting in the meantime.

-Well I checked my rep to see if there were any comments to post, and I noticed that I got neg repped for this post. Just to clear things up I wasn't being arrogant, I really do want to discuss crazy FMA theories with Archangel, I've been wanting to discuss FMA here for a long time. I really did just have somewhere to go.

Junior
Sun, 07-27-2008, 11:17 AM
I finally started getting more FMA manga and I've got up to 9 so far. I'm getting 10, 11 and 12 this saturday (if things go well, I'll get 3 books a week >3)

Anyway, The manga is amazing. It's so much more...intense than the anime. The anime had more sadness and stuff in while the manga feels more grown up. And a tad bit scary.

I count the days til I get more. D: I'm tempted to download it in the mean time since I'll be buying it anyway.

And is it just me, or is Roy more of a bastard in the manga?

rockmanj
Sun, 07-27-2008, 06:02 PM
Depends on how you look at things. I'm not sure how far you're in, but Roy seemingly does everything for a reason, and yea, Al being possessed was kind of surprising. I wouldn't be surprised if he was actually 'dead' now.

Archangel
Sun, 07-27-2008, 09:11 PM
Al being possessed was brilliant! We're gonna see Ed going mad on the next chapter, maybe going for father himself so he can save his brother

staffcc
Mon, 07-28-2008, 02:05 PM
I just read this manga up to the newest chapter!! Its great, even better than the anime. How will this brother confrontation end up?

Archangel
Tue, 07-29-2008, 11:27 AM
I just read this manga up to the newest chapter!! Its great, even better than the anime. How will this brother confrontation end up?

Well Ed is gonna freak out, he won't know how to deal with this. He won't fight his brother we know at least that, so either the possession is only temporary or Ed is going for Father or Ed will try to get help from his own father.

staffcc
Tue, 07-29-2008, 12:06 PM
Won't Al be almost invincible the way he is now? They can't really rub out his soul mark and kill him, and being only armor he can't be hurt either... I guess purging the enemy is most important, but maybe they will restrain him first...the problem is how to do that to something like Al, especially a possessed one. Who knows what kind of skills it has?

Abdula
Tue, 07-29-2008, 12:24 PM
I think you guys are making a bit too much out of this, sure Pride is the strongest but its not like he is invincible. We've seen people, Ed's dad, deal with him and the people in Briggs, plus Greed is there with them so he and Ed should figure out how to negate his abilities pretty quickly. It should make for an awesome battle though.

Anyway I don't think Ed is going to fight Al atleast not in the conventional sense, he can attack him and pretty much do whatever he wants just as long as he doesn't disturb the part of the armor that has the blood seal. I think we've seen Al taken apart enough times to figure out how that works, and I don't think Pride is going to harm Al since they want to use both him and his brother on "The Promised Day"

February
Sun, 08-03-2008, 09:13 PM
hi, I've watched the anime for FMA and I want to pick up the manga. Can anyone point me out to the volume where the anime / manga take different paths for story? I want to try to pick it up from there if possible

Abdula
Sun, 08-03-2008, 11:19 PM
I would recommend reading it from the beginning. There are some differences you'll notice right away, Al's and especially Ed's personality are different for example, among other things, and its not very long. If you're really not interested in reading it from the beginning then I think where they part ways is after volume 7, so you would want to pick it up from volume 8.

Archangel
Mon, 08-04-2008, 05:42 PM
What abdula said is correct but if you don't want to bother with it te manga just really goes completely different the time after the Ed vs. Greed fight

masamuneehs
Tue, 08-12-2008, 02:05 AM
read all of the manga that's out so far. it's very good. i love what they did with Scar, Armstrong and his sister, and the Homunculus as a villain is much more powerful than that Dante bitch in the anime...

Wrath is a much more interesting character as Bradley than he is in the anime. I love the scene where they're 'recycling' the old Greed, and Wrath keeps his back turned, although you know with that eye he still sees. Since he is the one Homunculus who knows for sure he will one day die, it was a scene that got to me. He's the most interesting of the Homunculi to me... I won't be surprised if he pulls some crazy shit towards the end...

Kimblee. Wow. The guy in the anime is your shounen run of the mill psychopath. The character in the manga, however, is really something else, and he might be my favorite out of all of the characters. He's sharp, dedicated, and very insightful. He doesn't deny that he enjoys killing people, but there's more to him than just bloodlust. I love the line during the Ishbal War flashback where he says, "When you kill someone you should look at them. Don't forget them. Don't forget them. They certainly won't forget you."

so, yeah, Marcoh can just kill Homunculi with a touch right now? That guy's got to get killed off pretty soon... Pride being inside of Al isn't going to be a cakewalk, but I agree that they probably won't kill him. That'd be the shocker of all shockers. Besides, I think Pride is more of an end-game opponent, the last one to go before 'Father' (him and Wrath). So I expect it to just be a fight, maybe a few of the more minor good guys get killed off, but sorta a bump in the road.

Archangel
Mon, 08-18-2008, 10:45 AM
Chapter 86 is out (http://www.onemanga.com/Full_Metal_Alchemist/86/01/)

Awesome chapter, we get to see ran fan with an awesome upgrade, Ling is back in action if only for a little while and pride isn't as invincible as we thought he was.

Now i wonder if the lion kind will be able to get rid of pride or at least make him retreat for now. Also, if rei fan's there, that means the old guy isn't too far behind.

Abdula
Mon, 08-18-2008, 01:55 PM
pride isn't as invincible as we thought he was.
Lol, pride was never invincible, if you wanna defeat him all you gotta do is turn out the light. I'll check back after I've read the chapter.

masamuneehs
Mon, 08-18-2008, 07:19 PM
really a pretty good chapter. Gluttony always makes me chuckle, and, as said, Ran Fan is even more badass now.

the most important thing, to me, was about General Gramman (sp?). Pretty clever guy actually, although I still think a very pissed off (and possibly mortally wounded) Wrath is going to personally take revenge on him. But if he's going to 'leave Central' to Mustang... Armstrong is already in a bad spot there because the original homunculus is personally taking charge of things...

i'm confused a little bit. i thought when Hoenheim was underground and encountered Pride, it was pitch black...? But Pride attacked him then.

I was shocked and amazed that those two Chimaera dudes did so well in single combat against a homunculus (albeit situation where their enemy was at an extreme disadvantage). Still, fodder is fodder.

You'd think Pride would carry a lighter on him....

Abdula
Mon, 08-18-2008, 11:41 PM
That was a great chapter, seems to be the norm with FMA now.

really a pretty good chapter. Gluttony always makes me chuckle, and, as said, Ran Fan is even more badass now.
Yeah Gluttony is hilarious."Your head's hard I bet its chewy. Lemme have a bite." and "I'm hungry but no one is letting me eat them" Thats just hilarious stuff. That little exchange between Greed and Ling was funny too and so was Donkey Kong taking out Ed, I'm sure he did that on purpose. This series mixes in the humor really well.

the most important thing, to me, was about General Gramman (sp?). Pretty clever guy actually, although I still think a very pissed off (and possibly mortally wounded) Wrath is going to personally take revenge on him. But if he's going to 'leave Central' to Mustang... Armstrong is already in a bad spot there because the original homunculus is personally taking charge of things... Clever guy indeed, it seems like everyone with any rank in the military wants to become fuhrer I don't think word has reached Briggs yet about father showing up in central because that just ruins all of their plans.

i'm confused a little bit. i thought when Hoenheim was underground and encountered Pride, it was pitch black...? But Pride attacked him then. He had a lantern with him which he refused to put out.

I was shocked and amazed that those two Chimaera dudes did so well in single combat against a homunculus (albeit situation where their enemy was at an extreme disadvantage). Still, fodder is fodder. I was pleasantly surprised too but it isn't really all that amazing these guys are good at combat and as you said both their opponents are at a severe disadvantage. Also this isn't the first time we've seen people do well in combat against homolculi, Greed is the only homunculus I've seen that actually cares about defense, him being the ultimate shield and all. Homunculi seem all too willing to let their opponents get a few shots in. I guess because its all the more demoralizing when their opponents accept that they don't have what it takes to kill them. I mean look at Pride, Lion King is attacking him from behind and Pride is leisurely complimenting him , he didn't even change the bored expression on his face.

You'd think Pride would carry a lighter on him....
Lol. You can see why thats not a workable option though.

rockmanj
Tue, 08-19-2008, 05:37 AM
Great chapter...unlike some series, there arent really any complaints to be made. even though there arent as many chapters, I enjoy this series as much as One Piece. By the way, what was Hoenheim up to? Just protecting the villagers, or did he not know what was going on?

Junior
Sat, 08-23-2008, 01:54 PM
Waaah! I'm finally up to date with the manga! And it's freaking amazing, bit better than the anime...

Did Ran- Fan get automail already? I mean, it seems really soon...or maybe it's prosthetics.

masamuneehs
Tue, 08-26-2008, 10:56 AM
they are adapting another FMA anime, this time off of the manga. perhaps 'remake' is a better way of phrasing it than 'sequel'? not enough info is out about it yet, aside that it will be based off of the manga...

they'd have to scratch a shit ton of the old anime to make it true to the manga, so i don't see how this can be called a sequel at all.

http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread.php?t=16371

masamuneehs
Mon, 09-15-2008, 07:47 AM
bump for new chapter

Chapter 87 on Onemanga (http://www.onemanga.com/Full_Metal_Alchemist/87/01/)

Abdula
Mon, 09-15-2008, 12:22 PM
Freaking badass chapter. So Pride ate Gluttony and acquired his abilities. Seems a bit convenient to me but whatever. Mustang and his group are making their move and they still don't know that father and sloth are in Central and it looks like Hohenheim is going to have to help take down Pride. Things are really developing nicely.

Archangel
Mon, 09-15-2008, 01:09 PM
I wonder what's Mustangs's next move

Well now pride doesn't have a choice other that running, i really don't think he can take Hohenheim on, especially with ed and 3 ki sensing fighters beside him, even with the gluttony power up

Abdula
Tue, 09-16-2008, 12:16 AM
I wonder what's Mustangs's next move
I don't know what his next move is going to be but really, does it matter.

Well now pride doesn't have a choice other that running, i really don't think he can take Hohenheim on, especially with ed and 3 ki sensing fighters beside him, even with the gluttony power up
If you think Pride is going to run, then you really need to learn the meaning of the word. It doesn't matter whether he can take them on or not, he is Pride he isn't going anywhere.

masamuneehs
Tue, 09-16-2008, 07:00 AM
yeah, i have the same feeling about Pride standing his ground. he wouldn't even grimace when Mufasa was beating on him in the dark, I don't think he'll back down. He's clearly scared of Hoenheim though. But now that he's absorbed Gluttony (i have some beef with that, btw, if Homunculi could just merge like that I don't see why they didn't do it before when they were in some tight spots), I don't think he'll run either.

Roy revealed something very important in this chapter, that the bombing of the President's train was all Grumman's work. He was also smart enough to figure that Grumman might be setting him up, showing that he doesn't really trust the guy much at all. However, it's not good that Sloth and Father are in Central still, not to mention the army of human transmutation soldiers that are hidden there (cue Lady Armstrong to take care of that one, we hope). And his intel was dead wrong about Selim being with the Fuhrer.

Good move taking Wrath's wife hostage though. He totally handed them that card when he was talking to Hawkeye, but I still think it'll prove to be surprisingly effective.

Also, now we finally know why Roy is such a sex fiend!

It was also good how they used tons of light to destroy shadows in this chapter. Good switch from the 'pure darkness' to keep their enemy in check.

Archangel
Wed, 09-17-2008, 11:29 AM
It doesn't matter whether he can take them on or not, he is Pride he isn't going anywhere.

Good point, i forgot about that.

xtallography
Sat, 10-11-2008, 09:05 PM
FMA #88 is out.

http://www.onemanga.com/ (http://www.onemanga.com/Full_Metal_Alchemist/88/01/)

Archangel
Sat, 10-11-2008, 09:42 PM
Hmmm this chapter was kind of a letdown, i wish we could have seen what gluttony pride could really do. But i'm glad kimbley is back in the game, his character is quite entertaining to observe.

deadlydreamx
Sat, 10-11-2008, 10:56 PM
couldnt al just kill pride/glutony inside since he didnt have any powers in the dark?

rockmanj
Sat, 10-11-2008, 11:27 PM
I'm not quite sure he'd be able to do that. But one thing I like about the manga is how fleshed out the character of Scar is. Like, he's an admitted terrorist, but its not like he does it for shits and giggles, there's actually a purpose to what he does (like most people like that). Oh, and good show of Hoenheim. I lol'ed at the "2nd to none" and the fact that he thought Pruttony(?) was "scary" . He really does have a lot of power though...almost too much.

Archangel
Sun, 10-12-2008, 08:55 AM
couldnt al just kill pride/glutony inside since he didnt have any powers in the dark?

He probably could if he wasn't Al. Can u honestly think that he could killa child like pride even knowing that he's a homunculus?

masamuneehs
Mon, 10-13-2008, 04:41 AM
love that Kimblee's back. Hoenheim was sure a lot like a more subdued, older version of Ed in this chapter, wasn't he? His smart ass remarks surprised me, since I always thought he was more of a 'quiet, simple guy who stumbled on immeasurable power' type.

i like the strategy of just neutralizing Pride/Gluttony. But I thought it was a little too soon to have him break down and start talking like that to Al... doesn't show much of his namesake, does he?

Greed is never going to make it. What a stubborn bastard...

Junior
Mon, 10-27-2008, 03:01 PM
Kinda...off your guys' topic...but does it take Viz long to translate manga? I read there are already 20 volumes out in Japanese and only 17 in English.

D:

masamuneehs
Wed, 11-12-2008, 07:07 AM
If you're going to take pity on yourself, don't kill people in the first place.
Don't avert your eyes away from death.
Look forward.
Look at the people you're killing in the face.
And don't forget them.
Don't forget.
Don't forget.
They won't forget you either.

(because KiMBLEY's FUCKING BACK!!!)

Chapter 89 - scanlated by 'anonymous' (http://mangashare.com/dl/Fullmetal-Alchemist_89/5386/)

edit - mother of god it's awesome

rockmanj
Mon, 12-15-2008, 01:02 PM
http://www.onemanga.com/Full_Metal_Alchemist/90/01-02/

90 is out. It's a wild ride, folks!

Dark Dragon
Wed, 12-17-2008, 02:50 AM
Olivier Armstrong is just awesome.

I already knew those freaking mass-produced humonculi was going to go berserk, i wonder if they are easier to kill seeing as they were created by regular humans.

Kimbley is back, next chapter will be amazing.

Narasho
Fri, 01-09-2009, 02:51 PM
Chapter 91 (http://www.onemanga.com/Full_Metal_Alchemist/91/01/) is out

Paper
Fri, 01-09-2009, 04:03 PM
I love Kimbley, very good chapter I wonder how strong Al got with the phoslepher stone. Envy seems to be back on her feet, I wonder what is her aim since the manga and the anime is alot different, they never really mention envy motives.

"you'll never get away with this, you cunt!!"

-from a former central high rank officer before squash to death

xtallography
Tue, 02-10-2009, 09:50 PM
Chapter 92 is out online.

One Manga (http://www.onemanga.com/Full_Metal_Alchemist/92/01/)

Abdula
Wed, 02-11-2009, 11:53 AM
Great chapter. We get to see more of Al's ingenuity, definitely love seeing him in action. Lol at Sloth being the fastest humonculus, makes perfect sense, and it looks like Kimbly may have finally gotten what was coming to him, in dramatic fashion too.

xtallography
Tue, 03-10-2009, 10:43 PM
Chapter 93 at OneManga (http://www.onemanga.com/Full_Metal_Alchemist/93/01/)

masamuneehs
Mon, 03-23-2009, 11:32 AM
well, there are ridiculously good chapters, and then there are 'shit the bed' really ridiculous chapters.

chapter 90 was one of those. Hoenheim is making a case for being the suavest good guy of them all, moreso than Mustang. There were several awesome shots, notable (profile of Father's face, eyes invisibile, next panel of Pride alone in the darkness, rattling on Alphonse's helmet, then a double encompass of Father in full light with his eyes open), also the Immortal Army soldier reflected in the single lens of the nameless scientist's glasses.

The, "that's right, I'm your daddy. And you're a good child." scene was awesome gore factor to elevate the clones. Pride triumphing after all was an excellent twist, and, of course, Ms. Armstrong is the only girl badass enough to deserve Kimbley.

chapter 91
love Kimblee's face when Pride responses to "so you ate Gluttony?" And then just sitting back when Al escapes into the dust, remarking smarmily about how he could clear it but... The guy is such a class act. And a sharp dresser! Best bad guy in the whole shibang as far as I'm concerned, especially since he doesn't have Homunculus level powers.

Heinkel was boss. What a tough fucking dude.

The good guys deserve to have Envy escape for letting him stay alive that long. But, well, he's back to being sexy, which I'm all for. The bad guys really can regroup very quickly in this manga, one of the reasons I enjoy it so much.

Ms. Armstrong was pretty surprised back there (and me too), when shit-bag general actually took a stand and didn't order his troops to stand down. Her line to Sloth was gold.

Hoenheim. So badass... he's never gonna make it...

Chapter 92
Alphonse with the Stone. Badass. He even pulled out the "Imagine Blade"

Kimblee was looking sorta silly, getting talked down on by Al like that (it was a good scene though, and it really brought Al's character (and Ed's, I suppose) into a very bright light. Give 'em the fourth option, Kimblee!

Oh Armstrongs. You put the sparkle into my daffodil. and it's amazing how there can be a dude getting squashed by a giant monster made using the souls of thousands of people in one panel, and then a comic relief panel making a joke out of exactly that. the humor is always there, just enough.

Sloth gained about ten levels of character development in this chapter too. I was wondering how he could be laying like a heap of slag at Father's place in one chapter and then be attacking Armstrong the next. Dude must be hooked up with the super stoner dope.

chapter 93
things are looking bleak for our heroes? Who can save them?
Yoki. What a fucking out of the blue save. Seriously

And Pride sent them on a goose hunt? Or...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOo

....oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

*cries*

Hawkeye's "bullets don't work on anything these days!" was the cutest thing she's ever done.

Envy even tried to get Scar to remember he used to be pissed off at State Alchemists. Then he goes and talks big, even decides to talk ridiculous shit to Mustang about killing Hughes. Oh, Envy! Don't you know you're the ONE Homunculus most grossly outnumbered by good guys?

6Zabuza9
Fri, 04-10-2009, 05:23 PM
new chapter is out!!
http://www.onemanga.com/Full_Metal_Alchemist/94/

damn roy is one BAMF

Archangel
Fri, 04-10-2009, 05:52 PM
Not sure i'll be reading that whit the new anime coming up and everything

Carnage
Fri, 04-10-2009, 06:19 PM
Trust me....you'll want to read it.

masamuneehs
Fri, 04-10-2009, 07:12 PM
really good chapter. i totally enjoyed the action, even if it was pretty one sided with Envy getting destroyed ridiculously... The scene with Riza seeing through Envy's trick was my favorite. I also loved the brutal manipulation of information and how they used Bradley's wife as a pawn. Pretty smart, but what's going to happen when the Fuhrer shows up again?

Initially, I completely second the "christ, just let the man get his revenge if that's what he wants". One of the most overtouted anime/manga morality point is "revenge can only destroy a person". Now, I personally have never had such a burning desire for revenge, let alone one I would have made good on, but, seriously, it can't always be bad to bring people to justice, is it? (there's that word again). After all, Envy has gleefully mass-murdered and enjoys tormenting people. Wouldn't his death be the best thing?

But something got me thinking... A ways back, after Gluttony was killed the first time, Father simply recreated him. Father also made a point of recycling Greed so that he could make another Greed. Envy already squirmed his way out of being captured once, so part of me thinks it's absolutely idiotic to ever give him that chance again, but another part of me wonders if perhaps keeping him alive will somehow prevent Father from "recreating" him?

Or does it not work like that? Father recycle old Greed to make new Greed, but he seemed to just make Gluttony anew from his own body... But if he can just remake the dead Homunculi, why hasn't he remade Lust yet? Or has he and they're just saving her for some future "Fuck you good guys, thought you had a handle on it but one Homunculus isn't dead after all!" moment?

Junior
Sat, 04-11-2009, 08:17 AM
damn roy is one BAMF

SHUT YOUR MOUTH. :p

This chapter had me on edge. We really saw the serious fighting side of Roy. He was more crazy then when he fought Lust.

And I loved the: "When we're alone, the Colonel always calls me Riza"

Bust-ed. And then..."Just kidding"

God, I love Riza.

6Zabuza9
Mon, 05-11-2009, 05:58 PM
Chapter 95 Online Viewing:
http://www.onemanga.com/Full_Metal_Alchemist/95/

Carnage
Fri, 06-12-2009, 03:13 PM
One of the manliest chapters yet: Chapter 96

Megaupload (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KFKIBRJH)

Rapidshare (http://rapidshare.com/files/243651734/Full_Metal_Alchemist_096v2__FH_.zip)

masamuneehs
Thu, 06-18-2009, 01:56 PM
man, the soldiers in Central sure lived up to the hype of being sucky. the stupid transmuted soldiers just tearing things up sure seems to have been a trump card that was a complete and utter failure...

the dude who came to subdue Lady Armstrong, however, seems to be one of the great exceptions. just enough time bought for the cavalry. Sloth is fucked now.

i laugh every time they put Izumi's hubby and Armstrong together in the same scene.

Sloth's last line is about as beautiful as they get from an ugly, brainless, throw-away bad guy.

I have ZERO idea what Izumi means by 'the real dangerous ones'. I can only assume she means Father himself, because, really, what the hell, you just took out one of the Homunculi and are like 'yeah, not so bad?'

Hoenheim. MOTHER FUCKING WIN. I love it when a sorta clumsy, straight-talking good guy pulls the "I'm so not even trying to fight you right now!" move. And then he absolutely puts Father in his place. It reminds me a bit too much of the conversation Ed just had with Envy, and while it shows that the apple indeed doesn't fall far from the tree (in both cases), it is a little tedious.

and, just like that, Hoenheim gives Father an absurd power-up, but... what, gives him emotions? Are they gonna talk the guy down now? further confirmation Hoenheim isn't going to make it out of this alive. next chapter should have some interesting info about what exactly went down, but it seems Hoenheim is going to be fodder...

deadlydreamx
Wed, 07-15-2009, 09:40 PM
http://www.onemanga.com/Full_Metal_Alchemist/97/

OMG seems like theres a round 2 between greed and wrath! =)

rockmanj
Wed, 07-15-2009, 11:49 PM
Damn, that was exciting! And now we know a lot more about Hoeinheim, to boot.

Testarossa Autodrive
Fri, 07-24-2009, 02:46 PM
Ugh, I just went through this entire manga again up until the point where I left off and I could not stop reading. It took me an hour or two a day to get from chapter 1-97, but I didn't and I'm damn glad. The only down side is that I have to wait for the next chapter now. T_T

Prof. Chaos
Wed, 08-12-2009, 07:20 PM
Chapter 98 Online Viewing (http://www.onemanga.com/Full_Metal_Alchemist/98/)

Testarossa Autodrive
Wed, 08-12-2009, 11:23 PM
huheuheuhhehueheh... *drools*

I need to see Greed!Ling get in a few good shots.

Y
Tue, 09-15-2009, 11:11 AM
New chapter up at OneManga and other usual places. Mostly just a fight chapter (albeit a really hardass fight chapter) but shit got real in the last few pages. Mustang is going to have to open the Gate to save everyone, I'd expect.

Dark Dragon
Tue, 09-15-2009, 12:47 PM
FH - Full Metal Alchemist 99 (http://www.franky-house.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10345)

rockmanj
Tue, 09-15-2009, 07:49 PM
:O holy crap! Not only was that fight with Bradley epic, but what the heck happened to Ed, Al, and Izumi? It seems that all of the people who know the "Truth" got sucked back into the gate or something. Interesting.

mage
Wed, 09-16-2009, 05:07 AM
Sounds like they're beginning the sacrifice thing they've been talking about since near the beginning of series.

The homunculus, that is.

Carnage
Fri, 10-09-2009, 02:13 PM
Chapter 100:

http://depositfiles.com/en/files/5tcyf3hfp

masamuneehs
Mon, 10-12-2009, 02:11 AM
stockpiled a few chapters. always like reading them 2 or 3 at a time.

Bradley was fucking pimp in chapter 97. you knew he wouldn't be put out of commission by that simple train-bomb plot. that guy's got End Game written all over him. the way he took out the Briggs tank without hardly breaking a sweat was excellent.

Buccaneer, then Old Ninja. GOD DAMN.. talk about sacrificing your body to make the big play. Buccaneer especially had the triple double, disarming Bradley and then actually managing to wound him. Briggs fucking pride baby. The slugs in Bradley's Central loyalist group can't seem to get anything done.

best comic moment had to be the Toilet Slipper Bitch Slap. least favorite thing was the almost completely new "Big Bad" scientist. His Bradley clones, i can forgive. I mean, it sure makes sense, not to sacrifice all those perfectly good soldiers... but you think a few of them would have been able to foster their anger about not becoming Fuhrer into some kind of rebellious trouble... But this guy has been in how many scenes up until this point? and he just turns around in chapter 100 and manages to totally screw three of the best alchemists in the series!

Ling screaming for an alchemist was probably the most moving moment this manga has had for quite some time.

and talk about a cliffhanger at the end of 100...

rockmanj
Sun, 10-18-2009, 12:55 PM
Its getting really really serious. I haven't been watching the new series, but If its the same tone as the manga, I will get into it. Damn, Bradley does not go down for anything. That guy is like literally made of win, it seems. Gree/ Ling unleashed looks freaking scary. That would make a cool Halloween costume :P

Dark Dragon
Mon, 11-09-2009, 03:43 PM
FMA 101 (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QEFLT7UK)

masamuneehs
Tue, 11-10-2009, 08:36 AM
was not the chapter i had been hoping for. i enjoyed Bradley, as I always do, and it's always refreshing when the good guy cavalry arrival is tempered by a bad guy reinforcement.

i did think it was fairly lame that the chimera crew got into such a big spot, and that the whole chapter seemed to whizz right by the fact that Hawkeye was freaking dying in front of Mustang's eyes. you would have thought this would be the perfect time to do a deep flashback, or at least play with the reader's emotions a bit... but that didnt happen at all. it was, however, perfectly fitting for Hawkeye and Roy to act like that.

we had more emotional content on the part of the Briggs soldiers learning about Buccaneer's death than we had about Mustang and Hawkeye facing this crisis...

will probably be some nice action when it gets animated. but i'm hoping the next chapter is an improvement on this

Genma
Wed, 11-11-2009, 11:03 AM
we had more emotional content on the part of the Briggs soldiers learning about Buccaneer's death than we had about Mustang and Hawkeye facing this crisis...

Granted, Buccaneer actually died. Hawkeye was wounded but she'll live.

Recently re-read the manga to get me up to speed with the newest chapters (I'd essentially forgotten 90% of what had happened) and it's awesome. I watched some of the new anime too but... eh... I guess anime isn't my thing anymore, I don't have the patience to sit through a 30 minute episode when I could just read the same chapter in 5-10 minutes.

Marik
Wed, 12-09-2009, 09:31 PM
MangaStream

MediaFire (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?dmnothdn2zi) | Online Viewing (http://mangastream.com/read/fullmetal_alchemist/102-9/1)

rockmanj
Thu, 12-10-2009, 12:26 AM
That's pretty sad; to get so close, then just lose his body.

masamuneehs
Thu, 12-10-2009, 09:33 AM
all about manga chapter 102

oh. my. god.

aside from the "fuck, Mustang is BLIND" twist, the highlight of this chapter for me were the two Homunculi. Wrath, seemingly facing the end, is still just as boastful and badass as ever (it is looking slimmer and slimmer that my Anakin Bradley theory will play out. but i do enjoy being wrong some times!). Pride had to have the most golden villain reaction I have ever seen to a hero's misfortune, with his "Have you gone blind? Splendid!" fucking cold

and Bradley, finally showing respect to someone in his last hour? I like how they brought back the name issue.

i can only assume the "assimilated" alchemist Wrath said that Pride assimilated was Kimblee? Was he really up on par with the Elrics? (for that matter, I'd never really considered Mustang or Kimblee on that level...) seems to me that the Homunculi should have just been assimilating alchemists starting a long time back... no need to keep all these meddlesome people alive...

of course, this isn't about the Homunculi. it's about Ed and Al. And, man, Al really did make a noble move, returning to the battle in the best condition he could help in, even though he has been trying to get his body back for so long... but, damn. those last words from the body were CREEPY (not to mention those eyes!). i mean, seriously, has the body sorta gone mad? when it was referring to Al's return bringing nothing but ruin and despair, was he talking about the soul returning one day for the body? or just returning to the real world? (how the hell would he even know what is going on in the real world? though i suppose the nature of the gate and the truth could explain that...) either way, the way he addressed the soul as "Alphonse" seems to suggest that the body has taken on some kind of new identity.

all in all, a very bad chapter for our heroes. I LOVED IT!!!

bagandscalpel
Thu, 12-10-2009, 08:21 PM
i can only assume the "assimilated" alchemist Wrath said that Pride assimilated was Kimblee? Was he really up on par with the Elrics? (for that matter, I'd never really considered Mustang or Kimblee on that level...) seems to me that the Homunculi should have just been assimilating alchemists starting a long time back... no need to keep all these meddlesome people alive...

Probably not Kimblee, but the old doctor that he just encapsulated in his shadow.

Poor Mustang, having to be forced through the gate and made to sacrifice something when he didn't even want for anything.

Also, Alphonse's body, or the conscience in it, seems to hint that Al definitely blew his last chance to reclaim himself without any form of horrible repercussion.

Prof. Chaos
Thu, 12-10-2009, 09:55 PM
There was something unsettling about Al's body responding. I took it like it knew something and didn't seem to be "his" but more of another type of puppet.

Also the whole wrapping up how each lost part of their body in relation to their goal, I never thought of it like that.

Carnage
Thu, 12-10-2009, 11:16 PM
I thought Roy was the one who had been "assimilated"?

masamuneehs
Sat, 12-12-2009, 07:01 AM
i am still majorly confused about the whole thing with Pride, Roy, the doctor, and Kimblee.

Wrath explicitly referred to the doctor as "materials", and his body was the leftovers of the transmutation that sent Roy to the gate... but... again, I have to think that the assimilated alchemist has to be Kimblee.

but that still doesnt make any sense! how the fuck does Pride assimilating Kimblee give him the ability to MAKE Roy open the Gate? I thought a highly skilled alchemist had to perform a type of alchemy that went beyond equivalent exchange in order for them to arrive at the Gate? (after all, Marcoh has never been to the Gate, and the dude made Philosopher's Stones). did Pride grab Mustang and have him activate the array that Pride had drawn on the floor? that still doesn't seem to make sense...

i smell plot hole

and, yeah, i agree wit Prof Chaos. It felt way too strange that Al's body responded the way it did, as if it knows what is going to happen... and bag said it too, but how could the body know all this? (and what in the world is going on with Al's mind? it seems like there are two now, one with the boy, one with the soul... that cannot be good for when they merge again...)

also, the shot with Al's body standing in front of the Gate.... I mentioned once in an anime discussion thread about the designs on the Gates. Particularly the scene where Ed meets Al's body. The design on the Gate that Ed has come through (and returns through) has the Kabbalistic Tree of Life on it, and the very prominent bottom part is the creation of God. However, the design on the Gate that Al's body is sitting outside of is quite different. It almost seems to be a reversed image of the Tree.

page 40 of this chapter, Al's body's final, foreboding words as the Gate closes. I can make out a few words. Leo, Mercurius, and what look like ---gentum, li--, and rubeus?

What I CAN see is Al's body standing in the divide between the clearly marked Corpus and Spiritus. The positioning screams trouble, accenting the divide between the body and spirit.... certainly not a good omen...

Ed's tree has Malkuth on the bottom. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sephirot

I cannot find anything that looks like the image on Al's Gate

ForteCross
Sun, 12-13-2009, 05:06 AM
al's door was something from a alchemist (or chemist O.o?) from the 15th century...
you are talking about ed's and al's door, what about roy's?
back to the transmutation "roy" performed, all the alchemists need to touch the transmutation circle, and this one had even roy's blood, pride activated it while roy "made" the transmutation. we didnt even got to see what he transmutated...
by the way there is no way to make perform a transmutation beyond the equivalent trade unless you have a philosopher stone which is raw power, spirits or w/e, that gets used and thus making it somewhat equivalent again.
human transmutation seems to be the way to open the gate, in the two transmutations we saw there was a "body" container, and the one to open the gate used his own blood to get the body a soul/information as edward said before transmuting his mother.
then the truth got a piece from each alchemist in equivalent trade for information inside the gate/truth

on another note. i think most likely that the truth is inside al's body, he is the truth, he knows everything thats going on, and maybe everything thats going to happen?

Genma
Tue, 12-15-2009, 03:12 AM
Yeah, this latest chapter pretty much blew my mind.

Nothing else to note. :)

Testarossa Autodrive
Sun, 01-10-2010, 06:36 PM
So Bradley's probably fucked now, huh? Finally. Go Scar, go!

Vegechan
Sun, 01-10-2010, 09:03 PM
Yeah, Scar's arm threw me off. Now, are we supposed to be under the impression he's always had this arm, or was this a result of reading his brother's notes or something? Only releasing once a month, and with an entire other continuity, makes it hard to remember things.

Prof. Chaos
Thu, 01-14-2010, 02:51 AM
Thanks guys for talking about it and not linking a place to get it from.

FMA 103 at OneManga (http://www.onemanga.com/Full_Metal_Alchemist/103/001/)

Things should be wrapping up soon.

masamuneehs
Sat, 01-16-2010, 06:30 AM

i understand that Mei is a child, and it was absolutely badass that she wanted to take on Father all by herself (and what the hell is wrong for Ed and Al even letting her try?). but the girl was there when Scar fought Father, so, unless I am forgetting something, wouldn't she have already known that Father can attack without moving?

The fight with Scar and Wrath is going to be fucking epic when it gets animated. Wrath manuvering Scar to slip on the blood, grabbing the broken piece of blade, and Scar using his trump card at the last possible moment. Bradley's face is pricelesss.

But, hell, it is ridiculously shounenesque, that Scar would just be sitting on his ability to use full alchemy for so long. When the hell did he even do the tattoo?

I've always said, "Scar is going to be the redeemed one" He's awesome, powerful, but he's just done too much to make it all the way to the end. The blow he took from Bradley looked pretty nasty, but, hell, nobody's been beat up as much as Scar. I think we get an explanation (and flashback) about how he did the tattoo, then he kills Wrath while getting mortally wounded himself. (funny thing is, I was also absolutely certain, for a very long time, that Bradley would end up pulling a Vader at the end of all this. i can't see that happening now, not with this matchup)

Marik
Tue, 02-09-2010, 10:37 AM
Sugooi Scans

MegaUpload (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=N9OIN587) | Online Viewing (http://reader.sugooi.org/?m=Fullmetal+Alchemist&c=104&p=2)

rockmanj
Tue, 02-09-2010, 12:57 PM
Did that just happen? Wow...

Prof. Chaos
Tue, 02-09-2010, 02:23 PM
No, it can't be. That's impossible. About the only thing I can see happening is that with the Xing transmutation circle, if it was completed, only borrowed everyone's soul and didn't destroy it.

Testarossa Autodrive
Tue, 02-09-2010, 02:48 PM
Yeah, there ain't a whole lot I can say other than "wow" myself.

Kensee
Tue, 02-09-2010, 03:06 PM
Umm wow ... hahaa. That was crazy.

Cal_kashi
Tue, 02-09-2010, 05:14 PM
Holy crap!

toonice714
Wed, 02-10-2010, 02:46 AM
is that Al's body or a younger hoenheim? when they made the first stone the homonculous(sp.) seemed to have cloned Light's body. Maybe that is Al's original body....

masamuneehs
Wed, 02-10-2010, 08:08 AM
uh oh.

this thing is right on the cusp. it just hit the EPIC button, but, i'm afraid i don't see many options left that lead to a happy ending besides the big old RESET button.

that or a vague/flighty "Father just becomes the universe and everyone continues to live inside of him" end, or something with alternate universes or...

honestly, i can't imagine how the mangaka is going to write her way out of this. but, i don't believe, not for one second, that all those people are dead. and if some of them can't be dead, none of them can't be dead. and, goddamnit, she better have a solid story to lead to the happy ending...

the chapter:
I am more than a little furious that the fight with Scar and Wrath just ended where it did.

Oh, Greed, what a nice try!

Never even considered about Ed always fighting bigger opponents. Thought that was a rather clever for the standard mid-fight banter.

Motherfucking eclipses and cocoons and human sacrifices. i only read two manga, and they're both full of this shit.

it looks way too strong to be just Al's body, but the resemblance is uncanny. In fact, if Father had to choose from some kind of body, it would probably be the form he took from Hoenheim, or the body beyond the Gate (Al's). of course, I don't think Father could possibly envy (intended as a pun) that shriveled body, so he made some modifications of his own.

i think it's striking how much the form resembles Envy's "preferred" appearance.

TwisT
Wed, 02-10-2010, 08:30 AM
Why do everyone believe it's Al or someone elses body? I just feel like it's still the same body but it's young. Since they showed the Xerxes part recently Hoenheim's appearance as young was still fresh in my mind. And that looks exactly like Hoenheim young.

http://www.onemanga.com/Full_Metal_Alchemist/74/33/
http://reader.sugooi.org/?m=Fullmetal+Alchemist&c=104&p=48

rockmanj
Wed, 02-10-2010, 08:38 AM
Wow, it really does. That is beyond creepy.

masamuneehs
Wed, 02-10-2010, 08:41 AM
oh, goddamn. you're totally right.

i guess i just had the image of Envy in mind since he comes around more, and we see him before we get the flashback with Xerxes

edit - still, i can't help but wonder if Envy didn't get his idea for his "ideal body" from Father's longing. he is, after all, just a piece of Father's psyche. it would mirror the moment with Greed in this episode.

Testarossa Autodrive
Wed, 02-10-2010, 02:30 PM
I thought it looked like Hoenheim as a youngster as well, since he and Ed sort of shared a lot of qualities. It would make sense that Father'd reincarnate himself back to the man, the human he modeled himself after.

FelixZeroAlastor
Thu, 02-11-2010, 12:35 AM
So he has basically become a god now? This is so interesting. Probably the most epic manga chapter to come out this week. I really want to know just how they will defeat him. He was already mad strong before the transmute. It's gonna be a looong month waiting for that next chapter >.>

Carnage
Thu, 02-11-2010, 02:07 PM
This is so interesting. Probably the most epic manga chapter to come out this week.

Im guessing you don't read Onepiece?

FireEmblem
Sun, 02-14-2010, 03:54 AM
Recently had a marathon of FMA:Brotherhood and then the manga and all I can say is WOW! Pretty amazing and crazy stuff. I actually loved the first FMA anime but the remake anime and the manga blow it out of the water on almost every count. The characters are a lot deeper than I ever imagined. I love how there is a lot more emphasis on the characters that AREN'T alchemists and how important their roles are.

Though there are some things I don't like which will hopefully get explained soon.

masamuneehs
Sun, 02-14-2010, 07:41 AM
Though there are some things I don't like which will hopefully get explained soon.

out of curiosity, what might that be?

needless to say, yeah, the manga (and Brotherhood) are pretty king. but i am interested in seeing how it ends, particularly with it looking like the author will have to back out of all the death in this episode, hopefully without too much bullshit...

FireEmblem
Mon, 02-15-2010, 04:23 AM
Just what exactly "Homunculus" was before he was in that flask. Where did he come from and why did he have all of that knowledge. I've got my own guesses and stuff on it and I do still assume that it will be explained so it doesn't bug me THAT much. It just irked me that this character, in the story's timeline and based on what we know thus far, came basically out of nowhere. I know him being trapped in the flask relates even to alchemy outside of FMA but that's a different discussion.

This is mostly due to my impatience because the series really has surpassed my expectations in EVERY way imaginable!

Kensee
Tue, 03-09-2010, 06:07 PM
I finally went back and read every single chapter of this manga and caught up with the story all the way. Wow ... very, very good. I was a big fan of the original series/movie but this manga really surprised me.

When do they normally release a new chapter, once a month? I'm very excited to see what happens next.

Prof. Chaos
Tue, 03-09-2010, 08:47 PM
Crap, I thought the new chapter was out. And to answer your question, yes, this is a monthly publication, usually between the 10th and 15th (12th seems to be the historic date).

Rekeco
Wed, 03-10-2010, 01:00 PM
Crap, I thought the new chapter was out. And to answer your question, yes, this is a monthly publication, usually between the 10th and 15th (12th seems to be the historic date).

Ah thanks! It should be coming out soon! =) I cant wait.

edit: Side note, was Pride and Wrath both absorbed into Father as well? If so... doesn't he now have Wrath, Pride (and gluttony) back in his system now? Thought it'd be interesting cause it may be his weakness that the heros can exploit.

Rekeco
Sun, 03-14-2010, 06:16 PM
Sorry for the double post:

Chapter 105 - Online Viewing (http://www.onemanga.com/Full_Metal_Alchemist/105/)

Wow, Warth is a beast, he took ALL of that to take him out and he still fought to the very end.

I enjoyed this chapter a lot, looks like that reverse transmutation circle was just a counter-trap to reactivate alchemy. I just want to see Pride get destroyed next then a all out free for all against Father in the next chapter. It's going to be great!

Cal_kashi
Sun, 03-14-2010, 06:50 PM
So THAT'S why it took so long to sub, it was worth it too. I'm both glad and disappointed that happened, then again I expected something of the like so I'm not that disappointed. I'm excited about next week's ass-whooping.

deadlydreamx
Sun, 03-14-2010, 07:17 PM
does anyone know what it says on this page?http://www.onemanga.com/Full_Metal_Alchemist/105/66/

Marik
Sun, 03-14-2010, 07:28 PM
does anyone know what it says on this page?http://www.onemanga.com/Full_Metal_Alchemist/105/66/
Page 66:
SFX: CRAAAAASH

Ed: Suck on that...
Sitting on your throne acting all high and mighty...now it's DUST.

deadlydreamx
Sun, 03-14-2010, 07:46 PM
thanks marik!
Jeez i cant wait till next chapter this once a month wait is torturous. I wonder if Al's body will come into play soon.

Prof. Chaos
Sun, 03-14-2010, 07:57 PM
OH MY GOD THAT WAS EPIC!

Wrath to the very end was disgusted at humans, but seems that he still had a sliver of respect since they gave his life meaning.

Also Pride seems to be a container, just like Father is, so he keeps holding his face, like there is a crack there. That might explain why he hasn't used his shadows since he has to concentrate on keeping it together. They should shatter him like the porcelain doll that he is.

masamuneehs
Sun, 03-14-2010, 08:37 PM
well it got pretty shounen-esque this chapter with "everyone lend me your strength" and "your power level is not the same as mine", but at least the solution for "everyone was dead but then they got better" was something introduced a long time ago in this manga, back with Al and Barry the Chopper. of course, hoenheim's "I hid something around the country for years and it somehow keeps us in this fight" was still more than a little bit WTF

and, of course, Wrath. Fucking there he goes, and he totally was a bastard to the very end, even with the thing with his wife, which i thought was going to play a bigger role.

I do not think there could be anything more suitably ironic than the Ishbalans cooperating to restore alchemy throughout Amestris.

let's see how this ends

Carnage
Sun, 03-14-2010, 11:02 PM
of course, hoenheim's "I hid something around the country for years and it somehow keeps us in this fight" was still more than a little bit WTF

Actually there was foreshadowing toward this previously in the manga.

Testarossa Autodrive
Fri, 04-09-2010, 09:47 PM
Chapter 106 is out. *reading*

Fullmetal Alchemist 106 (http://mangastream.com/read/fullmetal_alchemist/106-103/1)

Prof. Chaos
Sat, 04-10-2010, 01:26 AM
Chapter 106 is out. *reading*

Fullmetal Alchemist 106 (http://mangastream.com/read/fullmetal_alchemist/106-103/1)

Kimblee is more bad-ass than originally thought. I guess in the end, Kimblee's pure joy of destruction lead to Pride's demise.

masamuneehs
Sat, 04-10-2010, 12:12 PM
i'd reserved what i thought Wrath was going to do for what Kimblee ended up doing to Pride. I know it was already dire straits for Pride but i had never expected fucking Kimblee of all people to come out of left field like that just so the good guys can get a power up...

the dialogue in this chapter was fucking epic. it was a little cliche to have Pride just be a basic baby, but i loved the parts with Hoenheim, Father, and Greed and Roy/hawkeye as well.

onward to the conclusion and the happy ending!

Sam98034
Mon, 04-12-2010, 04:22 AM
Question. I may have forgotten something, but where the heck did Kimblee pop out of?

TwisT
Mon, 04-12-2010, 05:05 AM
Kimblee was eaten by pride and his soul added to the many others in his Philosophers Stone. So he worked from the inside of Pride. Those scenes with Kimblee was from Prides mind.

Testarossa Autodrive
Mon, 04-12-2010, 01:09 PM
Kimblee was eaten by pride and his soul added to the many others in his Philosophers Stone. So he worked from the inside of Pride. Those scenes with Kimblee was from Prides mind.

I was sort of confused myself by that at first since it had been so long having read that part of the manga, but the last episode of the anime shows where Pride eats Kimblee and takes him as a part of him, like he did Gluttony.

Testarossa Autodrive
Thu, 05-06-2010, 08:33 PM
*bump*

As some of you who keep up with the manga may have been wondering, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood's director Yasuhiro Irie has confirmed, along with writer/illustrator Hiromu Arakawa, that the manga will be ending in two months. That means only two more chapters as the manga is released in monthly installments; a bit of sad news, but also very exciting.

Apparently, the last chapter is going to be very enormous, which is something to look out for. The last few chapters have been 20 pages longer than the normal f40 something to 60, almost 70 pages.

Source: Anime News Network (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2010-05-06/fma-irie-confirms-animating-manga-end-in-2-months)

I can't want to see what happens.

Sam98034
Fri, 05-07-2010, 01:18 AM
Crap. That's it? I wonder if they're gonna be able to tie up all the loose ends in just those two chapters. We still don't know what this whole "truth" thing is all about or how Father came to be. Then Al and Ed have to get their bodies back. Crap. There might not be a lot of closure on all those things. Here's hoping. *fingers crossed*

Testarossa Autodrive
Fri, 05-07-2010, 03:05 AM
Well, if the last two chapters are longer and more extensive than they have been in the past, then it'll be like 3 or 4 regular releases. *shrug* I've got a lot of faith that the manga will have a good ending.

Prof. Chaos
Sun, 05-09-2010, 10:26 PM
We're working on FMA 107, but it's 71 pages of epicness so it will take some time before it's ready.

From Mangastream.

I cant wait.

Testarossa Autodrive
Tue, 05-11-2010, 02:15 AM
http://www.onemanga.com/Full_Metal_Alchemist/107/01/

It's out. Enjoy.

Marik
Tue, 05-11-2010, 08:35 AM
mangastream / binktopia

Online Viewing (http://mangastream.com/read/fullmetal_alchemist/152/1) | Direct Download (http://static3.mangastream.com/download/FMA_107.zip)

Much better quality.

Rekeco
Tue, 05-11-2010, 09:02 AM
Teamwork FTW.

There's gotta be a happy ending to all of this. I'm thinking either Father gets sacrificed to bring Al back in his original body or something of that nature.

So far he Al got his body back and Ed has him arm back. And Greed ... well I like him. He made me smile haha.

rockmanj
Tue, 05-11-2010, 09:29 AM
Pretty kickass chapter. I wonder if anyone else will get back what they lost? Maybe father has enough souls in him to return Roy's eye's and Izumi's womb. Although its kind of creepy that there is a womb just chilling out by the gate.

Genma
Tue, 05-11-2010, 09:46 AM
Wow, epic chapter.

Kinda hoping Honheim doesn't die, or if he does he doesn't sacrifice himself. I'm sick of the whole "one dude sacrifices himself, everything goes back to normal" formula... like during the Pein arc in Naruto.

I'm praying something along the lines of Father (was that his name? I forget) pulling his trump card on Ed, then Honheim pulling his trump card on Father and they both die. It ends with the dead people staying dead, the gravely injured people staying gravely injured, and Ed promising to find a way to save Al.

But we'll see what happens.

Y
Tue, 05-11-2010, 05:29 PM
Hohenheim is marked for death. He's the only one who can use his philosopher's stone without abusing the wills of those inside, since he can talk to them, so he will be the one to make a big sacrifice and die so his sons can be whole and he can be with his wife. Although I wouldn't mind an ending where Ed uses Hohenheim's stone to get to the Gate and then beats the shit out of Truth and gets everything back without paying anything. He deserves it.

Prof. Chaos
Wed, 05-12-2010, 03:25 AM
May's look on page 48 says it all. As for Ed going to get Al back, I don't know how that will work out, but I have a theory for Mustang. Using what's left of Pride, Mustang could reverse the effects since he was forced to open the gate. As for Al, since he lost his entire body, he should know more of the "truth" than anyone else. Maybe there is a way to "forget" the "truth" to regain everything lost.

I can't believe this is over next month.

Cal_kashi
Wed, 05-12-2010, 02:54 PM
I really shouldn't have read this at work... I started tearing up when it became apparent what Al was planning.

Sam98034
Wed, 05-12-2010, 11:35 PM
Here's my thought on the truth:

I think Father may be part of the truth. Whoever the Truth guy is, he's probably been waiting around to get his body or soul back (whichever father is) who probably came to the real-world through the first transmutation when people were experimenting with sorcery (or something like that) during Hohenheim's time. I hope we find out the real explanation behind this whole truth thing next month.

masamuneehs
Mon, 05-17-2010, 05:53 AM
sam has a very interesting theory. and, yeha, Hoenheim isn't going to make it. hell, i'm surprised how few good guys have gotten popped in this end game. guess it is a shounen, even if it is an absolutely badass one.

mage
Thu, 06-10-2010, 03:39 PM
http://www.onemanga.com/Full_Metal_Alchemist/108/

Final chapter, 100+ pages of goodness

Testarossa Autodrive
Thu, 06-10-2010, 04:37 PM
Oh fuck me! I'm almost afraid to read it. T_T I don't want it to be over yet! >_>>>

Cal_kashi
Thu, 06-10-2010, 04:52 PM
in that last frame did Winry and Ed, and Al and May have kids?
*squeeeeel*

Testarossa Autodrive
Thu, 06-10-2010, 05:06 PM
I think so.

animus
Thu, 06-10-2010, 05:23 PM
Not sure about Al and Mei, but those 2 kids look like Ed and Winry's.

Rekeco
Fri, 06-11-2010, 02:44 AM
From what it looks like, Al and Mei have kids, Ed and Winry do too. Mustang can see clearly and is still moving on up. Scar has a mullet .... the future is beautiful.

I approve of this ending. I liked how everything wrapped up.

Sam98034
Fri, 06-11-2010, 04:23 AM
This was definitely a great ending to a great series. I wish they could all end this nicely. I always thought Al would be taller when he came back, though, after he ate a bit.

Prof. Chaos
Sun, 06-13-2010, 02:44 PM
Ed and Winry have the 2 kids and it looks like Mai and Al are together. Sad to see it come to an end, but everything seemed to have wrapped up nicely.

shinta|hikari
Sun, 06-13-2010, 11:47 PM
Wait, I thought Winry had one kid with Ed, and another with Al?

No, not really.

rockmanj
Mon, 06-14-2010, 11:09 AM
Wait, I thought Winry had one kid with Ed, and another with Al?

No, not really.

That would be both weird and an awesomely ballsy move.

Marik
Sat, 08-07-2010, 12:22 PM
The September issue of Square Enix's Monthly Shonen Gangan magazine is announcing on Thursday that Hiromu Arakawa is drawing a new special Fullmetal Alchemist side story manga in the next issue on September 11. Arakawa just ended the main Fullmetal Alchemist manga series in June, and the second television anime series based on the manga, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, also ended in July.

Fullmetal Alchemist will also adorn the cover of the October issue, and the issue will bundle miniature Hagaren W Swing figures of the character Roy Mustang and the dog Black Hayate. Readers can then send in forms to receive a comic box (shaped like the suitcase of the main character Ed) and travel stickers in the mail.

Source (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2010-08-07/fullmetal-alchemist-special-side-story-manga-in-september)

Maybe this is what the movie will be about.

Marik
Thu, 09-23-2010, 09:25 PM
The side story from my previous post is out.

mangastream / binktopia

MediaFire (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?d4k2zjidpb11p3x) | SendSpace (http://www.sendspace.com/file/58od10) | Online Viewing (http://mangastream.com/read/fullmetal_alchemist/29614736/1)

mage
Fri, 09-24-2010, 10:14 PM
Good to see more FMA but this was pointless.

Sam98034
Sat, 09-25-2010, 12:21 AM
Yeah. I think nothing was really gained here. No one was really thinking: Gee, it sucks that we never get to find out what happens to Al's armor.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 09-25-2010, 09:32 AM
Yeah. I think nothing was really gained here. No one was really thinking: Gee, it sucks that we never get to find out what happens to Al's armor.

I never thought that specifically, but I thought it was nice to know. I always had a thing for that armour. I personally think of it as the icon of FMA.

Sam98034
Sun, 09-26-2010, 03:07 AM
Good point but there are many other things I would have liked to have seen, like how things were going in Xing.

Dark Dragon
Sun, 09-26-2010, 04:58 AM
I hope we get some more side story down the line. I'm in agreement that it would be nice to see what's going on in Xing, but i'd also like to see things involving Scar and Mustang.

Sam98034
Mon, 09-27-2010, 03:39 AM
Heck, it'd be nice knowing how the Hughes family is doing and how Maes's daughter grew up. Is Roy helping them out? Lots of things take priority over Al's armor.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 09-27-2010, 04:55 AM
Heck, it'd be nice knowing how the Hughes family is doing and how Maes's daughter grew up. Is Roy helping them out? Lots of things take priority over Al's armor.

We'll most likely get to that, but I'm not expecting much change from Hugh's daughter at this moment. I'd say not even a year has passed since Al got his body back.

ForteCross
Mon, 09-27-2010, 11:36 AM
still time passed while the manga was still going on... i would say maybe 2 years since hughes was murdered