PDA

View Full Version : passing the chunin exam

darkemage
Wed, 04-20-2005, 10:55 AM
hey wanted to know why only shika passed the chunin exam? I know he sort of won his match but was too lazy to win but isnt the exam based on who wins their matches and from what I saw naruto was the only one to win his match AND save the village from gaara , and savw sakura...doesnt this seem like a chunin lvel to me...lets hear what you guys think

Turkish-S
Wed, 04-20-2005, 11:13 AM
Guys, from now on don't bother saying stuff like "it's in the manga, but I won't say it." This just proves whether or not something is a spoiler. Thanks.

GotWoot Moderator

Assertn
Wed, 04-20-2005, 11:26 AM
points? what?
said in the manga and not yet in the anime? WHAT?
I am a manga reader and I have no idea what you're talking about, turkish-shikamaru.

no......the 3rd hokage specifically said that winning more matches doesn't win you the chuunin rank. All it does is wins you more chances to prove your worth.
It was possible for all of them to become chuunins, but it was also possible for nobody to.....therefore coming in first in the tournament doesnt guarantee anything.

gaara vs sasuke part 2
kankuro vs shino
naruto vs gaara

these are all matches that incidentally worked well with the pairing arranged a month prior to the tournament, but they also took place out in the woods, therefore nobody who was capable of giving promotions were around to witness it.

darkemage
Wed, 04-20-2005, 11:30 AM
ok but wut actions did naruto peform that would not make him a chunin? In all fights he wasnt immature or a sore winner and he even defended hinta's honor in his battle with neji...neji calling him a loser does deem neji not worthy to be chunin but naruto didnt fire back he said he did not agree and that neji's theories were not correct...

and wut did shika show to earn him chunin...i know hes a good strategists but wut else could be seen during the competition..especially since ino was running his team...

well im really trying to see if someon has a reason why naruto didnt become a chunin?

Turkish-S
Wed, 04-20-2005, 11:34 AM
i readed somewhere that shikamaru passed bequise he quitted and it was importand that he survived and then it's better sometime's just 2 give up. i don't read the manga but i didn't saw it in the anime 2 so i thought it was written in the manga. just like u said 2 prove thereselves so there had 2 be point's not??i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gifi/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gifi/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Mut
Wed, 04-20-2005, 12:33 PM
Stop bullshitting.

Turkish-S
Wed, 04-20-2005, 12:48 PM
okey i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

Enderz
Wed, 04-20-2005, 02:01 PM
he passed because he was the one who was the best in the field and that sometimes u dont have 2 fight just use your head

Jessper
Wed, 04-20-2005, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by: darkemage
hey wanted to know why only shika passed the chunin exam? I know he sort of won his match but was too lazy to win but isnt the exam based on who wins their matches and from what I saw naruto was the only one to win his match AND save the village from gaara , and savw sakura...doesnt this seem like a chunin lvel to me...lets hear what you guys think

IMO, this isn't done yet. They did not say that the rest of the people did not become Chunnin. I think Naruto will make a big deal of it when they adress who didn't make the cut.

Assertn
Wed, 04-20-2005, 05:35 PM
didnt they have that scene where iruka tells naruto who became chuunin? damn....
they mustve just cut it out altogether, since they were screwing things up for that filler saga they had to put in.....

meh, well all you missed was iruka telling naruto that shika got promoted, then naruto was pissed, but then was relieved to find out that sasuke didnt get promoted ahead of him

The tournament was cancelled early, so there were only 2.5 matches that were shown. Obviously shikamaru's match showed the most potential out of them

Jessper
Wed, 04-20-2005, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
didnt they have that scene where iruka tells naruto who became chuunin? damn....
they mustve just cut it out altogether, since they were screwing things up for that filler saga they had to put in.....

meh, well all you missed was iruka telling naruto that shika got promoted, then naruto was pissed, but then was relieved to find out that sasuke didnt get promoted ahead of him

The tournament was cancelled early, so there were only 2.5 matches that were shown. Obviously shikamaru's match showed the most potential out of them

wow, that woulda been nice to know. How filler takes priority over story when the filler is there so they don't catch up to the story too soon is beyond me. Guess my post is irrelevent then. lol

Assertn
Wed, 04-20-2005, 07:07 PM
yeah, they also gimped stuff up like having lee go through the surgery before everyone left to retrieve sasuke. It made it far less believable that he rehabilitated than if they just didnt say anything at all about the surgery until his return debut against kimimaro.

also the part where shika and his dad come across naruto and tsunade at the hokage building was the part where shikamaru was supposed to be announced chuunin, and for some reason they decided to take jiraiya out of that part too, because when naruto says to shikamaru "ive got a new jutsu i need to show you later," Jiraiya hits him on the head and tells him not to go showing off moves.

ChaosK
Wed, 04-20-2005, 08:57 PM
no in anime they mentioned lee's surgery being a sucess before shika left with the konoha genins (neji was helping him walk) lol assertn that scene is nice, i only started reading manga at chapter 213 wen i couldnt wait to see wat happened between lee and kimi and such. i didnt kno jirarya was supposed to do that...(when was he supposed to do that? naruto learned rasanegan after chunin exam didnt he? (unless he was showing shika his summoning tech.

Cozz
Wed, 04-20-2005, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by: Chaoskiddo
no in anime they mentioned lee's surgery being a sucess before shika left with the konoha genins (neji was helping him walk) lol assertn that scene is nice, i only started reading manga at chapter 213 wen i couldnt wait to see wat happened between lee and kimi and such. i didnt kno jirarya was supposed to do that...(when was he supposed to do that? naruto learned rasanegan after chunin exam didnt he? (unless he was showing shika his summoning tech.
After the Chuunin Exam, Naruto and Jiraya went to look for Tsunade. During that trip Naruto learned Rasengan(sp). After Tsunade came back (meaning Naruto knew his new shiny technique), she made Shika Chuunin.

ChaosK
Wed, 04-20-2005, 10:01 PM
ahh thats right, shika wasnt announced chunnin until after tsunade came

Assertn
Wed, 04-20-2005, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by: Chaoskiddo
no in anime they mentioned lee's surgery being a sucess before shika left with the konoha genins (neji was helping him walk)

thats.....what i said

lilphatboi88
Thu, 04-21-2005, 01:06 AM
The examiners said being Chuunin means you are able to lead a group. They saw that Shikamaru obviously had the mind set of a chuunin.

Mephiston Hunter
Tue, 05-03-2005, 05:35 PM
The reasons I believe that Shikamaru became a Chunnin, and no one else did was because he showed the tactics and leadership of a Chunnin. He also 'gave up too early' but, he was still approved

In my opinion, I think Shino could have become a Chunnin if there was his match.

-Meph

Your sig needs to be no bigger than 400x80. Read the rules (http://forums.gotwoot.net/messageview.cfm?catid=58&threadid=14660&enterthrea d=y) here.

GotWoot Moderator