PDA

View Full Version : Gundam Production Numbers

Curium
Tue, 04-19-2005, 02:13 AM
I was just looking through the stuff on MAHQ, and I noticed something that has me confused. I always assumed they numbered the Gundams Production number as they were built. However, the Destiny Gundam seems to disprove that idea. Destiny has a production number of ZGMF-X42S, which is before both Impulse (ZGMF-X56S) and Gaia (ZGMF-X88S).

Does anyone have any idea how they chose the numbers? I know with the EAF Gundams in SEED that the different hundreds were because of different kinds of purposes (Dual Buster and Strike in the 100 Series for example) but the ZAFT numbers don't seem to quite follow that, at least for the Gundams.

Terracosmo
Tue, 04-19-2005, 11:31 AM
That might be chronological as well, because even though Destiny hasn't been shown yet it doesn't mean that it wasn't built before Impulse/Gaia.
Numbers might also refer to uses, as you say, because it's (probably) significantly closer to Impulse in design (and therefore also the numbers).
Generally though it's unnecessary to think about because the numbers really only serve to look and sound cool. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Mite Gai
Wed, 04-20-2005, 06:43 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if they had some sort of random model number generator for every suit lol.

Curium
Wed, 04-20-2005, 08:40 PM
Acctually I think someone provided the answer in another thread. The treaty to end the war from SEED banned the use of Neutron Jammer Cancellers. Because of this ZAFT couldn't really reveal that they had created new MSs with NJCs.

PTX-003C
Wed, 04-20-2005, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by: Curium
I was just looking through the stuff on MAHQ, and I noticed something that has me confused. I always assumed they numbered the Gundams Production number as they were built. However, the Destiny Gundam seems to disprove that idea. Destiny has a production number of ZGMF-X42S, which is before both Impulse (ZGMF-X56S) and Gaia (ZGMF-X88S).

Does anyone have any idea how they chose the numbers? I know with the EAF Gundams in SEED that the different hundreds were because of different kinds of purposes (Dual Buster and Strike in the 100 Series for example) but the ZAFT numbers don't seem to quite follow that, at least for the Gundams.

if youread the post i post earlier(which is total japanese)
it stated: Destiny was made after freedom and justice, but when it's building. the war ended and they signed a treaty for restricting nuclear energy. without nuclear engine for Destiny...it's power becomes a problem. so Destiny's project was stopped. and Impulse's project starts. but after earth's attack towards plant, the treaty is basically useless...so Destiny's project restarted