PDA

View Full Version : Hellsing Ultimate OVA

Pages : [1] 2

Y
Mon, 04-18-2005, 06:10 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RF-5VWT62HY

AnimeOnDVD, reporting from a French trade show, has announced that Geneon USA plans to produce a Hellsing OVA based on the manga instead of the (god awful) anime. According to their information, the format will be an unknown amount of 35 minute features.

The relevant scan from the flyer Geneon released (http://www.animeondvd.com/images/hellsingova.jpg)

Lefty
Tue, 04-19-2005, 02:38 AM
This should be much better and maybe have a real fucking ending to it. The mnaga is a billion time bvetter than that pice of crap anime. The OVA's are going to be fucking cool.

kAi
Tue, 04-19-2005, 02:54 AM
This is heaps good, alot of people have wanted a second series to Hellsing, but now we get some OVA's, this is excellent.
I for one can't wait to watch this.

I'm a fan of both the manga and the anime, they portray Alucard as a true Vampire that I imagine would be.

Jman
Tue, 04-19-2005, 12:23 PM
It's about time. I definitely don't want to miss out on this one. Thanks for the info.

r3n
Tue, 04-19-2005, 01:03 PM
the end of the anime is quite cool, but the whole thing could have been done SO much better. ive not read the manga, but i cant wait for this OVA if its done right.

ShinobiNeko
Tue, 04-19-2005, 04:07 PM
This is good news. Good to see more Hellsing comming..especially since the anime has been over for quite a while.

Swallow Your Soul
Wed, 04-20-2005, 10:52 AM
I'll have to catch up on the manga, only 2 vols into it...I liked the anime though so this is good news...

Munsu
Tue, 06-28-2005, 10:32 AM
Just read this on animeondvd, thought you guys might be interested...

"Hellsing OVA Tidbits (12:29 PM EDT): Unfortunately I don't have a quotable source for this but it comes from fairly reliable information and will likely be confirmed at Anime Expo next week. A recent Rondo Robe event was held that showcased their Hellsing OVA plans. Apparently the series is being considered open-ended until the manga ends as the author has a specific ending in mind. Each episode, which will start coming out in Japan at the end of this year and is figuring a three year run, will be 35 minutes in length, have a 5.1 soundtrack and will be anamorphic widescreen. The manga author is heavily involved right down to the casting and the animation direction is supposed to be very close to how the manga itself looks. A promo reel that was shown covered material from several volumes of the manga, including up to volume eight which is as of yet uncompiled. Thanks to Duckroll for passing on the information."

I think this is very good news, especially with the mangaka being heavily involved

kAi
Tue, 06-28-2005, 11:46 AM
Yeah, if the mangaka is involved it will be his true work, and how he wants it shown is how we'll get it, the proper story, and no crap that isn't real.

Assertn
Tue, 06-28-2005, 12:23 PM
at first i misread this topic thinking it was about a new hellsing OST
then i got even more confused when Y said its based on the manga

roflrofl WTF like music that was in the mangaka's head at the time? IDK!!!

Paulyboy
Tue, 06-28-2005, 02:33 PM
I havent read them manga, but I saw the whole series on the action channel, and the way they ended it sucked.

Hakeem_21
Tue, 06-28-2005, 09:31 PM
I enjoy the manga so i'll be looking forward to this specially since the mangaka is involved.

Jman
Mon, 07-04-2005, 09:37 PM
yo the hellsing ova already got licensed.

Geneon Showed Trailers For New LicensesAt their Anime Festival event at Anime Expo, Geneon showed trailers for many of their new anime, including a number of new licenses.

Trailers shown included:
Fate/Stay Night
Starship Operators
Erementar Gerad
Shakugan no Shana
Ergo Proxy
Hellsing Ultimate OAV
Kannaduki no Miko

Of these, Shakugan no Shana, Kannaduki no Miko and Fate Stay Night are completely new licenses, while Hellsing Ultimate is a confirmation of a widely assumed lincense (based on the fact that Genenon USA was listed as a producer).

source (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/article.php?id=6951)

ShinobiNeko
Tue, 07-05-2005, 12:19 AM
Just got back from going to Anime Expo, and at Geneon showed sneak peaks of the new Hellsing OVA there as well as discussions with the guests that came, the producer of Hellsing anime and OVA and the manga creator. Have to say, of what they showed of the OVA, it looks sweet. The animation was great, and the clips that they showed looked like it will be really good, and they said they were trying to follow the manga this time~ so can't wait for it's release

?igma
Tue, 07-05-2005, 01:39 AM
Now THAT is why Y hates me i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif ..didnt realise there could be people to hate the anime, except for the ending =)

Y
Tue, 07-05-2005, 01:50 AM
Surely everyone loves pan&scanning cel frames instead of animation and a plotless piece of shit script that falls apart midway through!

?igma
Tue, 07-05-2005, 03:14 PM
If you mean it was different, yeah i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif it was

oh to add, WE WATCH NARUTO !!! ..come bloody on, ten times worse to watch.

Y
Tue, 07-05-2005, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by: ?igma
If you mean it was different, yeah it was

hurrrrrr

It wasn't "different", it was Gonzo being hilariously lazy. Naruto is a long, serialized show, and Hellsing is an OVA, yet Hellsing's animation is worse.

Jman
Tue, 08-16-2005, 04:12 PM
yo here's a cam rip of the trailer for the OVA
http://www.mangazero.net/manga...ltimateOVAtrailer.mpeg (http://www.mangazero.net/manga/thehellsingproject/HellsingUltimateOVAtrailer.mpeg)
wish they told the ppl on the side to move away from the damn screen

kAi
Sat, 08-20-2005, 12:34 AM
yeah, just watched that, and damn can't wait for this to be released.

Munsu
Tue, 08-30-2005, 02:15 AM
First episode should come out on September 15

http://www.geneon-ent.co.jp/rondorobe/anime/hellsing/

Jman
Thu, 09-15-2005, 12:30 AM
Sept 15 huh. Guess it's only a matter of time till some groups pick up on it.
*goes back to waiting patiently

Munsu
Fri, 09-16-2005, 07:51 PM
it seems now that it won't be out till December 9...

Munsu
Mon, 11-28-2005, 04:18 PM
Hellsing OAV Delayed (2005-11-28 12:47:12)
According to Geneon's official website for the Hellsing OAV, its release has been delayed to January 26, 2006. Source: Little Harlock [ discuss (2 posts) ]

aznroyale
Mon, 11-28-2005, 04:46 PM
they delayed so long

Munsu
Tue, 01-17-2006, 05:05 PM
Hellsing OAV TV Commercial (2006-01-17 11:31:42)
The official Japanese website for the Hellsing OAV, hosts a 20-second, streaming TV commercial in Windows Media and Real Media formats. The first volume of the OAV is due out February 6. Source: Animenation [ discuss (2 posts) ]

Strike Freedom
Tue, 01-17-2006, 09:09 PM
well, as long as it is well worth it, I can handle the delay. I'd rather them take their time then to rush it like they do with some other series that have good potential (COUGH*GSD*). I thought the anime was quite good, of course I agree the ending sucked, but I rather found it to be one of the better animes I have seen.

Kyuuzou
Sun, 01-29-2006, 10:50 PM
Here's Hellsing OVA 1 by Bakafish for those that care for it.... http://btjunkie.org/torrent?do=stat&id=1555295

Sorry for the bad link I posted before should work now....

Yukimura
Mon, 01-30-2006, 04:06 AM
Just finished watching, It's a retelling of the story from the beginning, but it seemed to follow the manga much more closely...I only read the first chapter in a Barnes and Noble so that's all I could recognize. Awesome animation and the return of my favorite badass and his pals... there is going to be more right? and if so does anyone know how often?

EDIT: spelling

Paithan
Tue, 01-31-2006, 07:05 AM
I didn't like how they made Andersson look like a psycho and Victoria as some stupid child in the beginning.

Deadfire
Sat, 02-04-2006, 01:35 AM
I loved this OVA. Close to the manga and bursting with coolness. The animation was so good and we got the grity version this time. I hope the other will be good or better

I always thought of Anderson as one missing a few nuts, so I didn't mind the way he was protrayed

Aramis
Sun, 02-05-2006, 02:41 PM
everyone looks like a psycho to me in the OVA i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif they're all nuts! crazy!

badass
Sun, 02-05-2006, 04:02 PM
That isn't the OVA; it's just a digest. The real OVA airs on 2/10.

Darknodin
Thu, 02-16-2006, 09:51 PM
so the OVA (2) will be a new story? (haven't actually watched this one yet)

bagandscalpel
Fri, 02-17-2006, 04:31 AM
Originally posted by: Darknodin
so the OVA (2) will be a new story? (haven't actually watched this one yet)

Not "new" per se, but it will differ from the original TV series by sticking with the manga story. Haven't seen the original, myself, but I've heard they completely omit the Millenium organization, for shame!

Ah, just watched the special 50 minute long first episode... In regards to everybody looking crazy, yes, they most certainly are, yet it fits perfectly. And Anderson voiced by Norio Wakamoto is top tier; his deranged "AMEN!"s and Engrish Bible verses superbly breathe life into my favorite character.

Munsu
Tue, 02-28-2006, 05:18 AM
mahou version

http://tracker.mahou.org/torre...43F220E%5D.mkv.torrent (http://tracker.mahou.org/torrents/%5Bmahou%5D_Hellsing_Ultimate_-_01_%5BDVD%5D%5Bh264+AAC5.1%5D%5B243F220E%5D.mkv.t orrent)

t1no
Tue, 02-28-2006, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by: Budweineken
mahou version

http://tracker.mahou.org/torre...43F220E%5D.mkv.torrent (http://tracker.mahou.org/torrents/%5Bmahou%5D_Hellsing_Ultimate_-_01_%5BDVD%5D%5Bh264+AAC5.1%5D%5B243F220E%5D.mkv.t orrent)

is that the OVA? I'm a little confused.

Munsu
Tue, 02-28-2006, 03:50 PM
Of course it's the OVA, why else would I post it here?

First episode full version.

Freeek
Thu, 03-02-2006, 02:14 AM
the ova was pretty kewl ..... but I hate watching one when I have to wait another 3 months or so for the next one

Tsukasa
Thu, 03-02-2006, 12:11 PM
Very nice, I'm glad they decided to make this. There aren't many good anime's involving vampires.

Darknodin
Thu, 03-02-2006, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by: Tsukasa
Very nice, I'm glad they decided to make this. There aren't many good anime's involving vampires.

really??? I remember, at one point, I was completely immersed in Vampire stories... like Tsukihime, Tsukuyomi, Trinity Blood, and well, Karin (which are all shows I liked). acutally even Bleach now is talking about vampires (even though some would argue that its not good)

Deadfire
Sun, 03-19-2006, 11:19 AM
Does anyone know when the next ones come out, and their spacing?

Munsu
Sun, 04-02-2006, 02:58 AM
AonE released the first episode:

http://www.gotwoot.net/torrents/[AonE]_Hellsing_Ultimate_OVA_-_01_[DVD_X264][6A02FE29].mp4.torrent

http://www.gotwoot.net/torrents/[AonE]_Hellsing_Ultimate_OVA_-_01_[DVD_XVID][478C40DD].avi.torrent

AlterEgox5
Sun, 04-02-2006, 02:16 PM
You know, I remember hearing about this somewhere and got all excited...

..and today I wander on over here and SHA-ZAM! There it is...I kinda flatlined for a moment cuz that was the last thing I was expecting to see...

NT

mage
Sun, 04-02-2006, 04:30 PM
anyone know why episode 2 hasn't been released? are they dvd releases or something?

Munsu
Sun, 04-02-2006, 05:55 PM
I'll give you one hint...

It's an OVA.

AlterEgox5
Sun, 04-02-2006, 10:45 PM
Haha. So true, so true.

NT

mage
Sun, 04-02-2006, 11:53 PM
I'll give you one hint...

It's an OVA.
no shit it's an ova, but a lot of OVAs are split into several parts. is this all there's going to be?

Munsu
Mon, 04-03-2006, 02:36 AM
Well, what is meant by OVA is that it doesn't air on TV, it goes directly to video, hence to DVD... I think that was your question. And that's why there's usually a big gap between episodes.

Terracosmo
Tue, 04-04-2006, 01:23 PM
Awesome OVA. So much style. I love the random Victoria comedy too. Feels so out-of-place in a good way.

I want part 2!

bagandscalpel
Tue, 04-04-2006, 01:51 PM
Yes indeed, the OVA I is awesome, Anderson's Engrish was awesome, and Hellsing is awesome as a whole. Still, at the rate this is going, I forsee each OVA being roughly equivalent to one manga volume... maybe.

By the way, can someone explain to me how Anderson could chuck bayonets into Ceres and holy sticky notes onto the walls if he's not even on the same floor?

Terracosmo
Tue, 04-04-2006, 08:40 PM
Because he will "kirr yoo in za naaaem ofu za looordu, AMEN"

Looking forward to the Valentine Brothers in part 2 (or will they come later? I don't follow the manga)

LegendarySenninJiraiya
Thu, 04-06-2006, 01:50 AM
did any of you guys have issues with sound in the Aone version? the voices sound....distant sorta, and music is loud, maybe it's just me since i've seen no complaints about it, really makes it impossible for me to watch. i may not be able to speak/comprehend japanese but i still dont like silent movies lol, loud action music with no voices and just subtitles ; ;

Terracosmo
Thu, 04-06-2006, 03:40 AM
The sound was very low. I had to tune it up to the point of my speakers sounding "wrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr" ... :D

LegendarySenninJiraiya
Thu, 04-06-2006, 11:16 PM
see thats not a problem except that for me the music is normal volume, so whenever music comes in it blows my eardrums out, i was just wondering if there was something i could do, dl a new codec, change some codec settings or someting, to bring the volume back lol

Mr Squiggles
Fri, 04-07-2006, 04:35 PM
By the way, can someone explain to me how Anderson could chuck bayonets into Ceres and holy sticky notes onto the walls if he's not even on the same floor?

you souldn't put too much thought into the physics in Hellsing :p. I mean, at the end of the 1st Manga the author said, quote (although keep in mind this is a translation):

"Oh, all the rest of the guns that appear in this manga are unreal, so don't go saying "This gun doesn't exist" or "his sense of weapon sucks." They're all cosmoguns that can hold a million rounds."

and:
"Finally, I think there are some people wondering where Father Anderson hides all those bayonets. Anderson is actually fourth dimensional, so there."

Board of Command
Fri, 04-07-2006, 11:23 PM
I guess he also forgot to mention:

"And some people might be wondering how Alucard fires 20 bullets out of a 6 bullet clip. Don't worry, Alucard is actually constantly reloading, your eyes are just too slow to keep up."

But overall, I liked the OVA. I think the atmosphere is a lot more fitting than it did in the TV series. Not to mention, the animation was superb. Did Integra get a new voice actress? Because she sounds more feminine than before.

Terracosmo
Fri, 04-07-2006, 11:58 PM
Pip is going to be voiced by Hiroaki "Sanji" Hirata!

Give me more episodes now!!11

Bung
Sat, 04-08-2006, 08:29 PM
I love the random Victoria comedy too. Feels so out-of-place in a good way.

Terra, I couldnt agree with you LESS, as soon as it cut to that first scene of her dead, im just like OH MY GOD, wth, how can they put that childish shit in hellsing? did they change staff halfway through or what *shudder*

outside of that, and the pretty lame score, its nice to see some hellsing again :)

Mr Squiggles
Sat, 04-08-2006, 08:32 PM
how can they put that childish shit in hellsing? did they change staff halfway through or what *shudder*

The actual Hellsing manga is exactly like that. It has plenty of random and comical interludes. The animator's didn't change staff nor forget to take their ritalin: that's just how it was meant to be, and that's how I like it.

EDIT: How it combines people being shredded to pieces and blood spewing out that takes up 3/4 of whole frames along with the ADD-esque funny stuff is one of the main things that made me fall in love with the Hellsing series in the first place.

Mizerable
Sat, 04-15-2006, 09:22 AM
This first episode was great! Anyone have any idea when the next ep is due out? I definately love this much more than the TV series. Not too sure about the animation yet though, Seras looked quite funky in a few of those upclose shots.

darkmetal505
Sat, 04-15-2006, 11:08 AM
Watching this is very refreshing, awesome quality. They changed some stuff though. I dont' exactly remember. Man, I am going to have to find a place to download the original series.

Munsu
Sat, 04-15-2006, 12:24 PM
When you say they changed some stuff, do you mean from the TV series? Who cares... the TV series butchered the story.

Yukimura
Sat, 04-15-2006, 12:36 PM
For darkmetal: Hellsing Batch Torrent as Dual Audio OGMs (http://bittorrent.anime-supreme.com/download.php/34/%5BAnime-Supreme%5DHellsing%20%28Complete%29.torrent)

darkmetal505
Sat, 04-15-2006, 01:19 PM
When you say they changed some stuff, do you mean from the other OVA? Who cares... the other OVA butchered the story.

No, I think from the original 13 episodes. Im not sure, its been a long time. Hellsing was one of the first animes I watched.

@ yukimura

thanks a bunch

Munsu
Sat, 04-15-2006, 01:45 PM
Sorry, I meant the 13 episode TV series, not the OVA... They butchered the story.

Mr Squiggles
Sat, 04-15-2006, 05:12 PM
Yeah, forget you ever watched the TV series. These OVA's are actually following the manga now and thats why they (at least this first one) are better.

Ryllharu
Sat, 04-15-2006, 06:20 PM
I always liked the way they developed Victoria's character in the first series. They put a lot into her reluctance of what she became, and ultimately brought out her character and eventually acceptance really well. She comes off as a worthless idiot in the manga, and doesn't really get focused on. I won't deny that the end of the series was complete and utter garbage, but the way it handled Ceres was good.

I realize she'll probably be marginalized in the OVA's, but its really all about Alucard anyway, isn't it?

Looking forward to the next one.

Munsu
Wed, 04-19-2006, 05:25 AM
Yeah I agree that they handled Seras pretty good in the TV series, but I don't think she'll be marginalized in the OVA. I think she has had her fair amount of screen time in the first episode, and I expect the following episodes to be the same. Many fans like her, and I'm sure that the people responsible for this OVA realize it.

Deadfire
Tue, 05-02-2006, 11:32 AM
Something I found looking around on the internet

OVA II mini-trailer (http://www.orcavision.co.jp/asx/geneon_rondorobe/060403bb_yfEc.asx)

FrogKing
Thu, 06-08-2006, 03:01 PM
Bump!

It has been quite a while since the first OVA. Does anybody (e.g. Budweineken) have an idea when the second one will come out?!

Ryllharu
Thu, 06-08-2006, 03:24 PM
Hellsing Ultimate Vol 01 Ep 02
2006-08-04

Information courtesy of mahou (http://www.mahou.org/Showtime/)

FrogKing
Thu, 06-08-2006, 03:54 PM
^Thanks Ryllharu for the info!!! Can't wait to see it!

Terracosmo
Thu, 06-08-2006, 04:56 PM
That really was a MINI-trailer.

So it's time for the glorious return of the Valentine bros next,
meaning that we'll have to wait for #3 until we get to see Pip & the nazis. :(

TheNineTails
Fri, 07-07-2006, 11:09 PM
There has been an update to the 2nd episode. Like 2 days ago I looked on mahou showtime list they had only 1 month left and now i checked right now they added another month to it and it pisses me off how long we have to wait for this episode to come out. We;ve been waiting for the second ep for like more then like five month and no... they gata add more months to it...

Munsu
Tue, 08-22-2006, 07:45 PM
I think this is a different trailer than the one posted above for the second episode:

http://www.orcavision.co.jp/asx/geneon_rondorobe/060701bb_SDRa.asx

UChessmaster
Fri, 08-25-2006, 07:03 PM
Aparentely the OVA 2 is out... waiting for fansub ;)

Munsu
Tue, 08-29-2006, 03:04 AM
Episode 2 by bakafish:
http://tracker.bakakage.net:65530/torrents/%5BBF-BoH%5DHellsing_OVA_II_%5BBEDD2FB1%5D.avi.torrent?4 B59897D039B9F556C495FD69732DA68A16F0A53

?igma
Tue, 08-29-2006, 04:37 PM
Is it just me, or does the music chosen for Hellsing Ultimate really suck ass >_>
I like the animation better than the old one, but the music..ouch, they fail horribly compared to nr1 . If anything at all, that anime at least had a very well attuned athmosphere

FrogKing
Tue, 08-29-2006, 05:05 PM
Hmmm, I can't seem to get the torrent to load (I am using uTorrent) Bud. "Unable to load...: invalid." Any suggestions? Thanks for providing the link though and I am looking forward to this.

w8woord
Tue, 08-29-2006, 06:14 PM
DDL: http://www.anikei.com/anime <--You have to register.

IRC: irc://irc.rizon.net/thehellsingproject <-- /msg _SE_Server xdcc send 28

seanos
Tue, 08-29-2006, 06:30 PM
Excellent - nicely paced compared to the orignal.
Doesn't slack off at all, didn't realise episodes were 40-50mins till finished watching (explains where the night went...).

redcat
Thu, 08-31-2006, 11:45 AM
Near the end of episode 1, Alucard tells Seras to drink his blood. he says if she does, she will no longer be a "familiar," you will truely become one of us. you will become a "No Life King."

what does this mean? what would change with Seras? what would happen with Alucard? I dont understand what he was trying to get her to do.

Ryllharu
Thu, 08-31-2006, 12:00 PM
For some reason, you couldn't manage to put this into the Hellsing thread? It's still on the front page! http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread.php?t=10023

Anyhow, watch the original series or read the manga, they explain it pretty thoroughly. Not to mention it's really fairly obvious in the first place. Just think carefully about what he's saying.

EDIT: Since it has been moved to a more appropriate thread. I suppose I can elaborate. Seras is Alucard's Servant. He turned her, and she serves him. In turn, he is in servitude to Integral Hellsing. So, in essense, Seras is in forced servitude to Hellsing. She has no will to leave whom she serves, and does what she's told. In the terminology used, she's Alucard's "familiar."

If she was to drink his blood, her master's blood, she'd be free. She would be her own vampire, and do whatever she wished. There's a little more to it, but you'd need to see the original anime to get into some of that. spoiler[Since Alucard is of the most powerful vampires, Dracula or Vlad the Impaler, whichever you prefer, the vampires he turns are *very* powerful. If Seras was free, she'd be an incredibly strong vampire (if she drank blood), free to do whatever she wished. Thus, the "No Life King."]end spoilers

redcat
Thu, 08-31-2006, 10:25 PM
I made a seperate thread on purpose to keep a possible spoiler out of this thread. thanks for tossing out warnings like free candy though. it goes well with my -41 rep.

also, i have the manga, its goes down exactly as in this OVA. i also own the original hellsing anime on dvd. that thing is so far from the manga it cant be trusted to explain anything. next time try more helpful and less condescending.

anyway, i understand alucard wouldnt be her master anymore. but i dont see how that would have helped the situation with anderson.

even if it made her become more powerful, I doubt she would surpass alucard, and it seemed like alucard couldnt handle anderson as it is. well, he might have if anderson didnt end up retreating, but..

could it be he was just having fun getting chopped up by anderson, and figured since he's a puddle of blood on the floor he might as well tell her to drink some while she can?

mage
Thu, 08-31-2006, 10:28 PM
OVA 2 was some fucking cool shit.

Ryllharu
Thu, 08-31-2006, 11:45 PM
It's not a matter of her becoming more powerful than Alucard, since he turned her, she couldn't be any stronger than him (from what I'm guessing). It's more of her being free. Alucard needs to ask/request that his various powers are released. If she was freed, Seras would have access to all of her Noble-esque Vampiric powers. Recall that all of the other vampires are not "Noble" but are rather...crude and weak compared to Alucard.

It's not an issue of Anderson, but rather her overall existance. He wants her to be free, probably as much as he wants himself free. For now though, he still finds pairing himself with Integral, "interesting."

redcat
Fri, 09-01-2006, 12:14 AM
Alucard needs to ask/request that his various powers are released. If she was freed, Seras would have access to all of her Noble-esque Vampiric powers.
hmm thats a good point.

Yukimura
Fri, 09-01-2006, 12:38 AM
I don't have any hard evidence, but I think Alucard respects Integra and serves, or at least doesn't resent his servitude, for that reason. I know he enjoys a good fight, and also is pleased when shitty vampires are eliminated, as they are an embarassment to his kind.

Anyway, Chapter 2 was wonderful, and it's uncanny how well it mirrors the manga, though this is the first time I've seen a show from the begining that I had already read the manga for.

bagandscalpel
Fri, 09-01-2006, 11:19 AM
What I love about Hellsing: EVERYBODY has a crooked smile.

I realized it as I was watching the credits roll at the end of ep. 2 in which they show Tubalcain, Maxwell, and that French dude. Though, hulking Anderson has the best ear-to-ear grin, yet.

darkmetal505
Fri, 09-01-2006, 08:09 PM
I forgot how fucking badass Walter is.

OVA 2 was superbly animated.

FrogKing
Sat, 09-02-2006, 02:27 PM
I am really enjoying the OVA's...they are very close to the manga and are extremely well animated IMO. I think one of the strenght's of the manga is the way it is drawn and how it is a reflection of the dark story line. The OVA brings out the action and violence depected in the manga very well. OVA 2 was simply awesome...can't wait for more!

Terracosmo
Mon, 09-04-2006, 04:30 PM
Hellsing Ultimate is the fucking shit. can't wait for the latter parts, in particular 5+ (if one manga volume per episode still stands).

I need to pick up the manga again. :S

HanOwnsYourCat
Mon, 09-04-2006, 07:42 PM
AONE's getting a translation out soon, right?

WRX Sti
Tue, 09-12-2006, 02:51 AM
damn i cant wait for ep 3 , the animation is so much better than the first anime...

Munsu
Tue, 09-12-2006, 05:20 AM
AONE's getting a translation out soon, right?
Yeah, just for you they will. Keep on waiting.

?igma
Tue, 09-12-2006, 03:04 PM
Why is everyone so hysterical about Hellsing Ultimate ? Besides better graphics and some minor scriptadjustions, it has gotten worse than the original. I mean, cmon, nazi vampires ? /laugh ? not to mention the friggin horrible music. They put friggin rap and R&B or whatever SHIT in a goddamn Vampire movie.

Total ruined athmosphere. At least Hellsing used to really be good to listen to. And yes I know youre all suckers of the manga, but the point where you combine Nazi and Vampire just makes it feel like Hollywood D movies.

The original wasnt your style ( most used arguement was that the gore was non-present ), the storyline was crap ( just b/c it left the whole nazi thing out, which was perfect for an opener to Hellsing II ), but it did make it possible to have a sequal following the original, where the original left some gaps. Maybe even just to make the viewers think about who would be behind it.

Im happy they kept the original voice actors, but thats where it ends for me.

UChessmaster
Tue, 09-12-2006, 03:14 PM
Anyone knows the release date for ova 3?

bagandscalpel
Tue, 09-12-2006, 05:32 PM
Why is everyone so hysterical about Hellsing Ultimate ? Besides better graphics and some minor scriptadjustions, it has gotten worse than the original. I mean, cmon, nazi vampires ? /laugh ? not to mention the friggin horrible music. They put friggin rap and R&B or whatever SHIT in a goddamn Vampire movie.

Total ruined athmosphere. At least Hellsing used to really be good to listen to. And yes I know youre all suckers of the manga, but the point where you combine Nazi and Vampire just makes it feel like Hollywood D movies.

The original wasnt your style ( most used arguement was that the gore was non-present ), the storyline was crap ( just b/c it left the whole nazi thing out, which was perfect for an opener to Hellsing II ), but it did make it possible to have a sequal following the original, where the original left some gaps. Maybe even just to make the viewers think about who would be behind it.

Come now, give it more credit than that!

Nazi vampirism may be overdone in those "Hollywood D movies," as you call them, but they fit right in with the fighting Christians (why aren't you bitching about them?) and ALUCARD (why, especially, aren't you calling this bit out?).

Rap? R&B? Don't know what you're watching, but it is certainly not Hellsing Ultimate!

Terracosmo
Tue, 09-12-2006, 06:22 PM

You fail. You will only be forgiven if you read the manga and then afterwards come back and admit how wrong you were when you wrote this post.

?igma
Wed, 09-13-2006, 02:55 AM
Rap? R&B? Don't know what you're watching, but it is certainly not Hellsing Ultimate!

Not sure, I only listen to good Music, so I am not aware of the trash they put in Hellsing U.

Music has to fit an anime and Hellsing fails at this. For me, soundtracks make 30% of the excitement, so thusfar I havent been impressed. And yes I like the new graphics, but eyecandy has never been a reason for an anime to be good.

zindryr
Thu, 09-14-2006, 11:26 PM
You know, I've been hearing this for quite some time, and I'm kind of tired of it actually. The music in the 2nd OVA is perfectly fitting in my opinion. You can complain about it as much as you want, but I personally love the music they are using for these OVAs. I loved the music when Luke was given his dagger scene and when Seras went Berserk. It fit perfectly fine to me.

Ryllharu
Fri, 09-15-2006, 05:44 AM
Agreed, the soundtrack of the first series is hard to beat, but the new one is just as good, just more subtle. It's actually silent most of the time, and it cuts in well when the scene changes in some way for dramatic effect. When the Valentine Brothers are moving in, tense strings music starts. A lot of drums and percussion during the first part of the fight with Luke Valentine in the basement and the other one upstairs that sounds a lot like the Read or Die OVA. Then when Alucard changes to the hellhound form, it switches to a haunting strings track again. Finally, a quick paced acoustic guitar when Seras goes berserk.

I didn't even notice any of these tracks until I was writing this and jumping around in the 2nd OVA specifically looking for them. I have always viewed that if you don't notice the music on a soundtrack while watching the eps, that it proves its a great soundtrack. That means that it meshes perfectly with the scene. If it wasn't there, the mood wouldn't be right, and if you noticed it, that would mean that the music didn't really fit.

Lucifus
Sat, 09-30-2006, 09:34 PM
Well.....I just for the first time watced Hellsing 1-13 and OVA 1 and 2. All in one sitting as well....

"Holy Shyt" In deep Slowmo Godlike Counterstrike type voice with echo..........

Hellsing OVA 2....I havn't seen true pwnage like that since Abel went berserk in Trinity Blood. Eye Candy doesn't make a anime? The eye candy of becoming dogshyt in OVA II made it for me. My god, It gave me chills. Thats the most demonic thing I've ever seen.

Hellsing = Demonic PWNAGE IN A F-ING CAN!!:D :D :D :D :D etc. etc. etc.

The music? I don't know were you got your info, but I don't think I've ever heard rap in any anime I've seen. Hellsings music ownz. Like Ryllharu said, that scene with Seras going berserk accompanied by the acoustic guitar fit perfectly together. This OVA gave me chills man. The scene with Alucard devouring that other guy made me feel like there was a ghost behind me or something. :cool:

Edit: O ya, I wished they would have done that "Good Night London!" thing over the intercom in the OVA, I laughed me azz off at it in the first one. =)

I havn't looked any info up on hellsing or anything, but Theres only Ep 1-13, and the two OVA's so far right?

Kensee
Sun, 10-01-2006, 05:15 AM
Well.....I just for the first time watced Hellsing 1-13 and OVA 1 and 2. All in one sitting as well....

"Holy Shyt" In deep Slowmo Godlike Counterstrike type voice with echo..........

Hellsing OVA 2....I havn't seen true pwnage like that since Abel went berserk in Trinity Blood. Eye Candy doesn't make a anime? The eye candy of becoming dogshyt in OVA II made it for me. My god, It gave me chills. Thats the most demonic thing I've ever seen.

Hellsing = Demonic PWNAGE IN A F-ING CAN!!:D :D :D :D :D etc. etc. etc.

The music? I don't know were you got your info, but I don't think I've ever heard rap in any anime I've seen. Hellsings music ownz. Like Ryllharu said, that scene with Seras going berserk accompanied by the acoustic guitar fit perfectly together. This OVA gave me chills man. The scene with Alucard devouring that other guy made me feel like there was a ghost behind me or something. :cool:

Edit: O ya, I wished they would have done that "Good Night London!" thing over the intercom in the OVA, I laughed me azz off at it in the first one. =)

I havn't looked any info up on hellsing or anything, but Theres only Ep 1-13, and the two OVA's so far right?

Yep just the one season (i believe its 13 but I need to double check), and the two OVAs that are released. You would have to read the manga to advance the story.

And yes, I do sometimes think like theres something behind me when I watch spooky/freaky stuff. Imagine seeing alurcard in real life =P.

Kraco
Sun, 10-01-2006, 05:26 AM
Imagine seeing alurcard in real life =P.

I would much more prefer meeting Seras in real life... >_>

Kensee
Mon, 10-02-2006, 03:43 AM
I would much more prefer meeting Seras in real life... >_>

This man knows what he is talking about!

Umm, this information might of escaped me, but is there a set number of OVAs that will be released? Or they just gonna go on for a bit and maybe get into the manga a bit?

bagandscalpel
Tue, 10-03-2006, 01:42 AM
This man knows what he is talking about!

Umm, this information might of escaped me, but is there a set number of OVAs that will be released? Or they just gonna go on for a bit and maybe get into the manga a bit?

As far as I can tell (and according to official sources), this title's abiding strictly to a near 100% manga diet. Some details have been moved (i.e. Van Helsing flashback), but by and large remain the same.

As it is, perhaps there'll be the same number of OVAs as the final number of written volumes (around 10, or so?).

Zati
Sun, 10-29-2006, 11:28 AM
If you have been waiting AonE just released OVA 2!

Hellsing Ultimate OVA 2 - AonE (http://www.gotwoot.net/torrents/[AonE]_Hellsing_Ultimate_OVA_-_02_[DVD_XVID][C831182E].avi.torrent)

paparappa
Wed, 12-20-2006, 05:38 AM
I love Hellsing Ultimate, I actually even like it more than the first series.

Does anyone know the gaps between the release of each episode?
When is the third episode comin out for an example?

Yukimura
Wed, 12-20-2006, 09:05 AM
According to mahou showtimes the next Hellsing Ultimate airs on Feburary 09, 2007 @ 12AM.

bagandscalpel
Thu, 12-21-2006, 02:26 AM
Ahh, can't wait.

Now we get into the meat of the series... Wonder if they'll just fit the whole Hotel & Tubalcain battle into episode 3?

Munsu
Sun, 02-04-2007, 09:40 PM
Hellsing OAV Episode 3 Delayed
Production on the third Hellsing OAV episode is behind schedule, delaying its release until later this year. It was originally scheduled for a February 9 release in Japan. Source: ANS

Kraco
Mon, 02-05-2007, 02:37 AM
Noooooo!

Man, that's certainly bad news. These are wicked ovas. Well, can't be helped I guess.

paparappa
Sun, 03-11-2007, 08:49 AM
Ah, thats too bad, well.. anyone know how much delayed it is now?

kAi
Mon, 03-12-2007, 09:25 AM
Well according to Wikipedia it's the 4/04/07, don't know how good this really is and that information was gotten from http://www.cdjapan.jp/detailview.html?KEY=GNBA-1143

Munsu
Thu, 03-29-2007, 01:03 PM
Yep, it's coming early April... Here's the trailer:
http://www.orcavision.co.jp/asx/geneon_rondorobe/070317_Asdw.asx

Looks pretty kickass, as always...

Yukimura
Thu, 03-29-2007, 01:39 PM
How exactly should that top link be used Bud? I clicked it and MPC opened up but then nothing happened

EDIT: Nevermind, right click/save as and then opening the file worked fine.

Kraco
Thu, 03-29-2007, 02:27 PM
Looks good, indeed. But was Seras at all in the trailer? Maybe I just didn't spot her. At least Alucard was calling for her, so she's still getting screen time.

Lucifus
Thu, 03-29-2007, 02:31 PM
Oh manz, definatly want to see it. They just had to push up the date. Least we got confirmation now. Looks pretty damn good.:cool:

acbc2k
Fri, 04-06-2007, 02:02 PM
Episode 3 is out... now just need to wait for the subtitle version.

Sandldan
Sun, 04-22-2007, 02:27 PM
Episode 3 was subbed by Demon Rin & Hanako a little while ago, here's the torrent.

OVA 3 (http://www.demonoid.com/files/download/HTTP/1121248/6201776)

Lucifus
Sun, 04-22-2007, 04:32 PM
Downloading!!!!!!!:D :cool:
Comments later.

Kraco
Sun, 04-22-2007, 05:36 PM
I'll wait for AonE or Mahou, which ever happens to sub it first. This is one of the series, ova or otherwise, where I think I'll try to stick to higher quality. Or let's say familiar quality. Of course I have no idea what kind of level of quality that posted release has.

Lucifus
Sun, 04-22-2007, 05:58 PM
Unholy effing shyt! That has got the be the greatest show of blood violence and pure and simple ownage ever! Alucard is the total and utter shiznite! Oh man, I'm watching that again!:D :D :D :cool:

So worth the wait. But damn, how long is it gonna take for the next ep, so looking forward to it.

The quiality is decent to me. Not sure about the translatations but it seemed all good. Wait if you want, but I would have no problem archiving this.

One great episode.:D

Death13a
Sun, 04-22-2007, 05:59 PM
http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=group&gid=4352

here some info about current release

"Search and Destroy" less searching and more derstorying.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 04-27-2007, 01:18 AM
No shit. It was almost like this episode didn't even have a plot.

It was like "Lets watch Alucard rip shit in half for an hour".

Not that that's not awsome...

Seriously though, Nazies? It's always the Nazies!

bagandscalpel
Fri, 04-27-2007, 03:34 AM

"Didn't have a plot"? Why, that is a silly remark. The plot, of course, is that Alucard is god-mode incarnate.

Nazis they may be, but at least it's not Hitler.

Lucifus
Fri, 04-27-2007, 10:38 AM

Watching Alucard rip shyt in half for half an hour in God-Mode is the best entertainment out there. Episode three was sick! :D

DeathscytheVII
Fri, 04-27-2007, 12:39 PM

OPEN SESAME :cool:

How can you not enjoy watching alucard rip shit for half an hour? Sometimes you gotta just turn off your brain, sit back, and enjoy the blood bath ;)

hehe, anyways there was a plot. We were introduced to the wild geese mercenaries, the central antagonists have been introduced, we got to learn more about iscariot section XIII and now both they and the nazis are moving forward with their plans.

As for the nazis...where else were there nazis in anime? Hellsing actually is the first anime ive watched that has them.

Lucifus
Fri, 04-27-2007, 12:55 PM
DeathScytheVII! Go watch Black Lagoon now!(Assuming you havn't seen it yet since you havn't seen any NaziZ) If violence is your forte,(As I can assume from your post) you will absolutly love it!

Buffalobiian
Fri, 06-08-2007, 03:31 AM
Has anyone heard anything about AonE's version of Hellsing OVA3 progress?

Kraco
Fri, 06-08-2007, 06:47 PM
I finally got bored of waiting for AonE or Mahou, and I decided to have a look at it with the sub that was available. I'm still going to wait for something better to archive, though. I'm not any great uber sub quality evaluator, but I'd rather have something else to accompany the earlier subs than this.

The episode surely was one big blood fest! It was pretty wicked to watch knowing the enemies were only human yet remorselessly slaughtered. Alucard is the man. Too bad Seras didn't do much in this episode. Well, at least she was tripping as always. That was... crazy. But I'm still waiting for her to become a bit more of a vampire. I have postponed reading the manga so I don't know if she's meant to stay to same till the end, though.

WRX Sti
Mon, 06-11-2007, 10:29 AM
anyone have any idea when the next one is due out?

redcat
Sun, 07-15-2007, 04:56 PM
Episode 3 was subbed by Demon Rin & Hanako a little while ago, here's the torrent.

OVA 3 (http://www.demonoid.com/files/download/HTTP/1121248/6201776)
site requires log in, invite only QQ

still nothing by AonE after 3 months it seems.

any other sources?

Y
Sun, 07-15-2007, 06:13 PM
Go read my sticky thread in the anime downloads forum and all will be revealed.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 07-16-2007, 12:13 AM
Don't worry. It's coming, and not too long I think.

Lambchopsil edited No.3 a little while back, in one of the posts.

http://www.gotwoot.net/?p=133

alpha826
Wed, 07-18-2007, 10:54 PM
"Gentlemen. Thanks for all your work. Good-bye."

the OVA series is fantastic i have to say. it's a shame that each one gets released every 6 months or so.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 08-14-2007, 08:18 PM
Mahou's release

http://tracker.mahou.org/torrents/%5Bmahou%5D_Hellsing_Ultimate_-_03_%5BDVD%5D%5B70347948%5D.avi.torrent

Buffalobiian
Sun, 11-04-2007, 07:56 AM
And I know some of you have been wanting some more Hellsing, and we’re finally on the encoding stage! I’m hoping it goes through encoding and QC soon…

Wonder what happened to it. Hope it's still coming.

Viscero
Thu, 11-22-2007, 04:28 PM
Yeah I have been waiting patiently for a long time. I can't wait for episode 3 :D. Still wishing the first anime series was based off of the manga instead of creating a new story arc.

Bread-sama
Sat, 11-24-2007, 10:28 AM
Yep, it's coming soon. Before x-mas I suppose.

Mkilbride
Wed, 01-16-2008, 03:49 PM
So, uh, it's been abit, and I was wondering when you guys will have it done, eheh. When i watch an Anime, I stick to the same group that I started watching it with..so I'd really not like to have to go to inferior subbers and get their versions...news?

Bread-sama
Thu, 01-17-2008, 10:02 AM
QC.

Fuck 8 characters.

AbstractTheorem
Thu, 01-17-2008, 11:12 AM
Yeah I have been waiting patiently for a long time. I can't wait for episode 3 :D. Still wishing the first anime series was based off of the manga instead of creating a new story arc.

Personally I don't mind watching anime that has "half-assed" subs, but then again I am still trying to learn Japanese in my spare time so it almost helps when the subs are bad...(gives me the chance to correct it in my head)

The first anime series created from the Hellsing manga was a flaming pile of dog crap and for those of you reading this thread that haven't seen it.... I highly recommend avoiding the first anime (plain old "Hellsing") all together and just watching the OVA's.

Mkilbride
Thu, 01-17-2008, 11:27 AM
Yeah well, I got introduced to Hellsing by the anime, and read some reviews after finishing it and being told it didn't even compare to the manga counter-part, and I thought "Whoa whoa whoa, wait, it gets BETTER?"

So yeah, now I wanna watch all the little OVA"s and burn em and enjoy the big screen Hellsing, the way it was meant to be told...

I just wish there was a status update on this =/

Buffalobiian
Fri, 01-18-2008, 10:24 AM
Bread-sama did that two posts above yours. Quality Checking.

Mkilbride
Fri, 01-18-2008, 04:45 PM
Oh, I thought it was "Quit Crying" or something, lmao, that's good to hear.

bagandscalpel
Sat, 03-01-2008, 04:33 PM
Volume 4 is out, for all those who've been waiting so patiently~

The raw:
http://tracker.anirena.com/download.php?id=4655

And the accompanying subs:
http://www.dongues.net/demonrin/%5BDR%5D_HELLSING_OVA_IV_SUBS_v2.rar

Is it me, or is the animation style getting more insane along with the plot?

Bread-sama
Sat, 03-08-2008, 04:56 PM
Lawl!

Ok, folks. Ep 3 is at distro right now, and 4 is at TS/sQC (won't take so long like 3 ^^).

Kraco
Sat, 03-08-2008, 05:38 PM
Jolly good. Either Mahou or AonE is perfect for me, whichever happens first.

Chiodos
Fri, 03-21-2008, 11:42 AM
Wich will be for a long while. But hey, fine by me, considering it take some time for this OVA for even comming out.

Now, the question is, how many volumes will there be?

Munsu
Sun, 04-27-2008, 05:15 AM
Here's episode 3 by AonE x264:
http://www.gotwoot.net/torrents/[AonE]_Hellsing_Ultimate_OVA_-_03_[DVD_x264][C9B1AE04].mp4.torrent

Here's episode 4 by AonE xvid (no x264 at the moment):
http://www.gotwoot.net/torrents/[AonE]_Hellsing_Ultimate_OVA_-_04_[DVD_XVID][6BDF9659].avi.torrent

Kraco
Wed, 04-30-2008, 02:38 PM
Seras-chan!!! Ahem... Episode 4 in the proper format:

Episode 4 h264 - AonE (http://www.gotwoot.net/torrents/%5BAonE%5D_Hellsing_Ultimate_OVA_-_04_%5BDVD_x264%5D%5B6DAC4596%5D.mp4.torrent)

Ryllharu
Wed, 04-30-2008, 03:31 PM
I enjoyed these chapters in the manga, but this episode blew it to pieces. From the classical music in the background through most of the episode, perfect casting for the Nazi captain, the catgirl (played by Ryoko Shiraishi), and most of all, Maaya Sakamoto playing Rip Van Winkle. Actually hearing the songs added a lot to the episode alone, but the shrieks and cries by Maaya Sakamoto made the scenes where Alucard slowly destroys her and then in perfect Dracula-style, sucks her blood delicately* from her neck.

*Delicate on one hand with the pose he forced her into (against a wall, slowly bringing her neck to his teeth, every part of the "romantic" side of vampire lore) but at the same time, he's holding her rifle through her chest.

The catgirl, hilariously named Schr&#246;dinger also made my day. I should have caught it the first time I read it, but you can't ever be sure whether the Nazi catgirl is dead or not (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schr%C3%B6dinger's_cat) [wiki link].

Is there anything more satisfying than seeing someone kill Nazi vampires? Clearly, Hellsing shows us that another vampire killing Nazi vampires can beat it.

The other OVAs have been good, but this one was a masterpiece.

Lucifus
Wed, 04-30-2008, 04:49 PM
Schrödinger's cat...read most o the wiki and couldn't figure out what it was getting at. A little help?:(

Ryllharu
Wed, 04-30-2008, 05:06 PM
Schr&#246;dinger's cat is an example of how quantum physics is ridiculously confusing, and makes it easier for the paradoxes be explained.

A subatomic particle either spins clockwise, or counterclockwise, when you look at them, but in actuality, it's spinning both ways at the same time, but the very instant you look, the particle does one or the other.

Schr&#246;dinger's cat explains this in simpler terms. A cat is inside of a box with poison gas. The box is sealed from all outside influences (and therefore observers). While the box is closed, the cat is either alive or dead. Once you open the box, the fate of the cat gets "decided." So until the box is opened, the cat is both alive and dead.

Here, the character Schr&#246;dinger is a play on that. They clearly shoot her brains all over the place, look away (the key part) and suddenly she's not only alive and well, she's not even there anymore, not leaving even the smallest drop of blood.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 04-30-2008, 07:14 PM
Is the mp4 version a 720p version?

Ryllharu
Wed, 04-30-2008, 07:59 PM
Nope, same resolution as the .avi

If you already have the avi, I'd say don't bother. Unless you really hate avi's over an mp4 of roughly the same filesize.

bagandscalpel
Thu, 05-01-2008, 10:16 AM
*Explains the paradox of Schrodinger's Neko*
Excellent explaination, my friend, but you've made just one oversight: Hellsing's Schrodinger is a catboy~

Chiodos
Thu, 05-01-2008, 10:21 AM
What? Serious? Any proof?

bagandscalpel
Thu, 05-01-2008, 11:30 AM
Sadly, I do not have any. My conjecture comes from hearing basically every other Hellsing fan referring to Schrodinger as a male.

Also, I think the fact was confirmed by an interview with Hirano at the same time he said that Schrodinger was created by Doc. Supposedly, the inspiration for Schrodinger probably came from an earlier work of Hirano's, a hentai in which a prototype version of Doc bore witness to Hitler fucking his catgirl assistant.

Ryllharu
Thu, 05-01-2008, 04:05 PM
I've initially seen Schrodinger listed as a catboy as well.....but the whole gender issue seems to go back and forth a lot. I suspect we either have a case of Bridget, where many people universally deny that Bridget is actually a boy, or the other case that no one really has any sort of idea and arbitrarily goes back and forth between.

I'll stick with my own random conjecture.

/confirmed Bridget denier

Kraco
Thu, 05-01-2008, 04:44 PM
I disliked traps so I'm just going to go forward assuming Schr&#246;dinger is a girl. If I remember the manga correctly, it's not an exceedingly essential detail anyway, though.

redcat
Thu, 05-01-2008, 11:52 PM
http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/5671/cativ4.jpg

if thats a guy... well.. thats more disturbing than watching alucard kill rip van wrinkle.

anyway. rip van was a bit weird. she was so gung ho about herself and so confident. then before alucard even shows up she pisses herself. she obviously knew who he was and how powerful he is. did she not expect him to show up or what?

Buffalobiian
Fri, 05-02-2008, 01:09 AM
Wonder what she was told to do when the alarm went off. Not that it mattered. Whole thing was set up to lure Alucard out. What's going on between Alucard and Integra and the whole embarrassing "did you enjoy it" thing?

Ryllharu
Fri, 05-02-2008, 04:06 AM
The think the nazi colonel said it pretty plainly. They have effectively neutralized Alucard. They lured him onto a ship. From what we learned in Eps 3, even Alcard can't cross large bodies of running water without his coffin. He's strong enough to not have to be inside it, like Ceres is though.

I'm guessing the alarm was just meant to be the time they needed to get him aboard and keep him there.

bagandscalpel
Fri, 05-02-2008, 08:13 PM
In all likelihood, the whole operation, as explained to Rip Van Winkle and her troop, was just simply "capture warship, join with main air/ground forces in the joint attack against England." The alarm was just there to wake her when the time came to rendevous, as I highly doubt they were expecting Alucard to any extent.

Kraco
Sat, 05-03-2008, 02:45 AM
Nah. I think they precisely expected the English to send Alucard. The whole speech Rip received kind of suggested she was to be sacrificed for the greater good. Yet, someone as powerful as her needed to be sacrificed for Alucard to appear at all. I think the alarm signaled the time when the zeppelins approached London. Consequently it was also the time when Alucard needed to be away, so capturing the carrier had to happen well before that but not too early.

Inazuma
Fri, 12-12-2008, 03:05 PM
OVA number 5 Out Nao.

Spoiler Alert : It's Bloody Awesome Chaps

BioAlien
Sun, 12-14-2008, 05:54 AM
OVA number 5 Out Nao.

Spoiler Alert : It's Bloody Awesome Chaps

Link please to English subbed one?

I can't find any on tokyotosho.

Xelbair
Sun, 12-14-2008, 06:37 AM
I saw raw on mininova week ago, but still my jap isn't good enough to watch it.

RyougaZell
Sun, 12-14-2008, 04:34 PM
No one has translated that ova. Inazuma was just being an ass, making us search through the torrent sites (I did search... only raws are available)

Kraco
Sun, 12-14-2008, 07:05 PM
The release date of the fifth ova was almost a month ago so raws have been floating around for a good long while. Which is exactly what has been puzzling me for a few weeks now: Why no subs?

Inazuma
Mon, 12-15-2008, 03:32 PM
No one has translated that ova. Inazuma was just being an ass, making us search through the torrent sites (I did search... only raws are available)

My bad, I watched the Raw and by that I meant the raw was out.

No sub are out as far as I know.

I may have an idea why the sub is taking so long

Priest Anderson got one hell of a scene, he rants biblical stuff for minutes, translating that has to be a pain.

Bread-sama
Tue, 12-16-2008, 04:16 PM
We are working on it @_@

Xelbair
Tue, 12-16-2008, 04:57 PM
We believe you, don't worry, if no one subbed it there must be some serious problems.

obake
Tue, 12-16-2008, 07:56 PM
We are working on it @_@

Hey, kickass. Thanks in advance for your hard work. :)

DDBen
Fri, 12-19-2008, 03:52 PM
subs by anon of OVA 05 I'm still downloading so I'm unsure of quality.
http://www.datorrents.com/download/41988--anon-hellsing-ultimate-ova-05-3b1ede44-mkv/

Kraco
Fri, 12-19-2008, 04:47 PM
I think I'll still give Bread-sama a chance. In any case I will be watching anime in very limited quantities during the Christmas-New Year time, and thus a couple of days or ten days are almost the same for me now.

Inazuma
Sat, 12-20-2008, 03:27 PM
Crappy subs, dont downlaod.

redcat
Sun, 12-21-2008, 12:36 AM
what was wrong with it

i thot it was fine

Lucifus
Sun, 12-21-2008, 12:37 AM
Same here...

Really liked the episode. Those super soldiers rocked.

Cant wait to see what Mr. Crazy serves Alucard next episode.

Yukimura
Mon, 12-22-2008, 04:47 PM
I didn't much wrong with the Anon subs either, I don't remember the lines from the original manga but everything seemed to make sense. Anderson's crazy rant at the end was much more awesome to hear and see than it was to read, but there sadly wasn't as much Heinkel and Yumie in this one. Can't wait for the next one.

P.S. Alucard using Telekinesis to sail an aircraft carrier = BADASS.

Bread-sama
Mon, 12-29-2008, 12:38 PM
Anidb says volume 6-7 are coming out today, wtf?

Inazuma
Wed, 12-31-2008, 05:38 PM
Wait ?

6 and 7 for new year Bread Sama ?

Armetti
Sun, 01-11-2009, 09:04 AM
Sorry to bug in, thought is there any ETA for Hellsing OVA 5 on aone? I would prefer AonEs subs over others, but leaving to army, well, tomorrow, so time is running short :b

And also, after weeks of lurking, my first post! I finally managed to register, too damn lazy.

Ryllharu
Sun, 01-11-2009, 09:16 AM
Welcome to the forums, but you may have missed this in all the lurking.

http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread.php?t=10335

It's done when it is done.

Xelbair
Sun, 01-11-2009, 12:37 PM
Its trademarked - by blizzard. Keep up the good work AonE! I can't wait to get your subs for this.

UChessmaster
Sun, 01-11-2009, 01:34 PM
A little late for the Schoringer discussion but im giving my 50 cents anyway, Schoringer is BOTH sex, how did i got to such conclusion? the character is obviously based on the quantum mechanic theory (yes, quantum physics, i said that) called "Schr&#246;dinger's cat" wich is a paradox experiment, wich basically says "a cat can be both, alive and dead at the same time" seeing as how alucard killed it, it seemed dead but came back to life, to that extent i think sex follows the same rule.

More info on the theory that will hopefully help us understand the character better: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schr&#246;dinger's_cat

Archangel
Fri, 01-16-2009, 02:13 PM
Just downloaded the first episode from the main website since i was bored and i really liked it

The animation goes from weird to awesome in some scenes and i prefer the character's design in the original anime but it looks like the story is much better.

Archangel
Fri, 01-23-2009, 03:55 PM
Double post, sorrry

Man this last episode was just epic

I'm a little sad the Rip Van Winkle got wasted by Alucard, i liked her.

So what now? Is Alucard stuck on that ship while the Nazis take over England or something?

Yukimura
Mon, 01-26-2009, 01:26 PM
The end of Episode 5 (after the credits) is Alucard standing at the bow of the aircraft carrier and looking towards England where the Nazi vampires have been running amok blowing things up. Then suddenly the ship starts moving towards land, by virtue of Alucard's telekinesis, or just because he's that badass.

Armetti
Sat, 07-25-2009, 05:32 PM
Did AonE drop Hellsing OVA?

Inazuma
Sat, 07-25-2009, 05:49 PM
Well, anyone who dares to drop such a fine piece of art, is stupid. More info to come from an enlightened person.

darkmetal505
Sat, 07-25-2009, 06:41 PM
http://www.gotwoot.net/2009/03/19/regarding-dcma-takedowns/

Yes, they did drop.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 07-25-2009, 07:27 PM
Well, anyone who dares to drop such a fine piece of art, is stupid. More info to come from an enlightened person.

Stupid enough to avoid legal trouble, it seems.

Prof. Chaos
Mon, 07-27-2009, 12:55 AM
The raw version of episode 6 is up right now. Still waiting for a sub.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 08-05-2009, 06:36 PM
[hlcws] Hellsing Ultimate 06 (EN)v3.mkv (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=78781)

Can't say for quality (still downloading), but you really can't ask for much.

Sapphire
Wed, 08-05-2009, 07:14 PM
How is the original series different from the OVA storyline wise?

Archangel
Wed, 08-05-2009, 07:23 PM
How is the original series different from the OVA storyline wise?

The OVA follows the manga own and awesome story, the anime is a shitty adaptation that's half filler and focuses on Seras.

Ryllharu
Wed, 08-05-2009, 07:25 PM
It is accurate to the manga, and that's all that really matters.

If you compare the two, there is less focus on Seras, more on Integral, and much more on how ultimately badass Alucard is. Where the original had lots of serious moments with Seras, she's more of a comedy relief character until key events later in the storyline. Unlike the original anime, Seras does not drink blood from a soup bowl. For true vampires like her and Alucard, drinking blood is far more important than making it such a mundane task. Plus, while the old anime showed that Alucard is quite powerful in the anime-original final arc...you ain't seen nothing yet. :D

Plus there are vampire Nazis!

Buffalobiian
Wed, 08-05-2009, 11:04 PM
[hlcws] Hellsing Ultimate 06 (EN)v3.mkv (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=78781)

Can't say for quality (still downloading), but you really can't ask for much.

I felt that last ep wasn't as good as the others. The beginning felt good, but towards the end it just kind of dropped off. The second "funny" insert and all the talk killed it. Was I the only one who found it weird that Seras could snipe missiles with 100% accuracy, but miss the flagship like that?

Video: Nothing to write home about. Watchable, but just.
Subs: Some of the statements were rephrased/changed during translation, but it didn't take away any important meanings. Sucks that it's yellow though.

Admittedly not as cool as steering an entire aircraft carrier, Alucard could've moved a few knots faster by picking a lifeboat instead.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 08-06-2009, 01:20 AM
Seras is hot though! I like focusing on her!

Anyway, I never did find the 5th episode subbed...

Buffalobiian
Thu, 08-06-2009, 01:58 AM

Anyway, I never did find the 5th episode subbed...

http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread.php?p=410987&postcount=179

If that torrent's dead, try:

http://isohunt.com/download/92319185/hellsing+5.torrent

Kraco
Thu, 08-06-2009, 04:18 AM
The Integra scene felt somewhat stretched but I suppose it needed to be there to explain what was going on with her. However, I had no problems whatsoever with the HQ main part of the episode. Seras seemingly missing the zeppelin with so many shots was probably just an artistic thing. In the end she hit it quite a lot.

I always considered Seras my favorite character of the story, so this episode was highly satisfactory for me. The illusion magic was pretty well made as well. Quite effective visuals.

Archangel
Thu, 08-06-2009, 06:25 AM
So those subs are watchable i assume?

Kraco
Thu, 08-06-2009, 06:50 AM
Yeah. Nobody won't be calling them quality subs and the video itself was of rather limited quality with bad compression artefacts but you could watch and understand it.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 08-06-2009, 07:34 AM

Really? I found her cute at times (depending on the art), and funny to watch but I never thought she was hot. If I had to name someone I thought was hot, that would be Integra.

The art-style makes every guy or girl creepy as hell though.

Archangel
Thu, 08-06-2009, 07:44 AM
Really? I found her cute at times (depending on the art), and funny to watch but I never thought she was hot. If I had to name someone I thought was hot, that would be Integra.

The art-style makes every guy or girl creepy as hell though.

Anime Seras is pretty hot

I think i'll wait for a more decent subber, i have reborn! for now

Buffalobiian
Thu, 08-06-2009, 10:39 AM
Same sub, better raw:

http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=78921

I was actually going to try this myself with a DVD ISO I found on nyaatorrents, but it's not worth the trouble now.

Yukimura
Thu, 08-06-2009, 06:18 PM
@DarthEnder: Hellsing Ultimate - 05 (DVD) - [Tsubaki-subs] (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=torrentinfo&tid=66458) c/o searching for 'Hellsing' on tokyotosho.info.

Ryllharu
Thu, 08-06-2009, 08:09 PM
I always considered Seras my favorite character of the story, so this episode was highly satisfactory for me.
Seras isn't Seras without comedy relief, usually at her expense. Any of the less-than-absolutely-serious interactions between her and Integral are comedy gold.

The reason I've been fond of Seras aside from her attitude, outrageously huge gun, and generalized proportions is completely about what she is.

While it looks like Seras is weaker than a lot of the evil vampires, it is key to remember that Seras is at her absolute weakest vampire state. She's bound to her master, who in turn is bound in one of his weakest states unless Intergral says so. Seras has never fully drunken of blood, refuses to drink Alucard's, and Integral's finger is just a snack.

Seras was turned by the strongest vampire ever, and as such, likely inherited all of his powers. But she's just a little kid, still not completely accepting of what she has become.

Her potential is unlimited.

Every other vampire that isn't Alucard or Seras is just trash, a mere imitation.

Prof. Chaos
Thu, 08-06-2009, 08:35 PM
Same sub, better raw:

I was actually going to try this myself with a DVD ISO I found on nyaatorrents, but it's not worth the trouble now.

Thanks, downloading now. I kept finding raws and Spanish subs.

edit:

The credits were amazing.

Kraco
Fri, 08-07-2009, 01:04 AM
Her potential is unlimited.

One reason why I like Seras so much is that she's developing quite a lot during the story. All the other characters are more or less static compared to her; that is, the others already are what they wanted to be and sufficient for the job.

Slate
Tue, 08-18-2009, 10:00 PM
Hey
I'm new in the forums so I'm not really sure if it's the right place to ask.

I saw the first 4 ovas of hellsing ultimate of aone fansubs and it seems they didn't subbed ova 5 and 6.

Are they going to sub them or they dropped the project?

Buffalobiian
Tue, 08-18-2009, 10:04 PM
Hey

I saw the first 4 ovas of hellsing ultimate of aone fansubs and it seems they didn't subbed ova 5 and 6.

Are they going to sub them or they dropped the project?

They've dropped the project due to legal reasons.

Hey

Welcome.
For future reference, ideally this should go in the Hellsing OVA thread here:
http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread.php?t=10023

Or perhaps the Download section here:
http://forums.gotwoot.net/forumdisplay.php?f=11

Archangel
Wed, 08-19-2009, 12:25 PM
Have any new groups picked the new OVA episode yet?

Carnage
Wed, 12-23-2009, 11:41 PM
Any word on subs for OVA 6? I think number 7 comes out soon

Buffalobiian
Thu, 12-24-2009, 12:47 AM
Any word on subs for OVA 6? I think number 7 comes out soon

Isn't there a link in the earlier posts?

RyougaZell
Thu, 12-24-2009, 11:59 AM
Isn't there a link in the earlier posts?

I think the one you posted was Ova 5 Bill.
You didn't mark it anyway. And that was the last one linked.

Archangel
Thu, 12-24-2009, 12:52 PM
Archiving this has been such a pain in the ass... fucking DMCAs

Carnage
Thu, 12-24-2009, 06:59 PM
Same sub, better raw:

Nah he's right there's the link. Not that its something Im excited to archive, but its better than nothing.

Marik
Mon, 12-28-2009, 07:42 PM
[DGz]​ Hellsing​ Ultimate​ OVA​ -​ 07​ [DVD] [h264​ AC3] [09144E58].mkv (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=106189)

Archangel
Tue, 12-29-2009, 07:20 AM
Epic lines:

"It's ok, she's still warm" - Hellsing at its best

I called that she would get by this by having the captain's blood but who knew that alone would be such a power booster. That new left "arm" bears a striking resemblance to Alucard's unsealed form, and makes you wonder how much of a beast she will be when she finally becomes a No Life King

Buffalobiian
Tue, 12-29-2009, 08:11 AM
Epic lines:

"It's ok, she's still warm" - Hellsing at its best

I called that she would get by this by having the captain's blood but who knew that alone would be such a power booster. That new right "hand" bears a striking resemblance to Alucard's unsealed form,

That's her left arm :p.

Those photos in the ED suggests the Captain and Seres shared more moments together than they cared to show on screen. Of course, Seres was totally badass (and the Captain too), but Zorin was pretty weak. She had absolutely no combat ability aside from illusion-strike. In fact, she seemed pretty incapable of dodging bullets, had only mediocre healing power / resilience and was pretty stupid to boot. I suppose illusion-strike itself would normally work against weaker foes, but still...what a shitty vampire.

I wonder if Seres' eye-change is permanent, as well as the influence of the Captain in her. I hope it isn't, as I'll miss those blue eyes.

Archangel
Tue, 12-29-2009, 09:07 AM
I wondered that too, if her eyes will now remain permanently red

And i don't think Zorin was that bad, she just got surprised by the captain and then Seras was kicking so much ass that it made her look lame by comparison

Buffalobiian
Tue, 12-29-2009, 10:34 AM

And i don't think Zorin was that bad, she just got surprised by the captain and then Seras was kicking so much ass that it made her look lame by comparison

She looked lame to me because she couldn't dodge bullets for one. Those grunts had to jump in the way to shield her.

More importantly, she didn't take down a single guy without using illusions. Maybe she enjoys fucking up their mind before her kill, but it just comes off as weak. She never won against anybody who actually fought back.

redcat
Wed, 12-30-2009, 01:31 AM
I doubt it, her eyes have been turning red ever since ep 1. it just happens when she's in her violent mood.

Kraco
Wed, 12-30-2009, 05:32 PM
None of the Nazi vampires have been that impressive. They all had one super skill but beyond that were quite mediocre at best. The grunts serving Zorin, however, didn't have any super skills and (thus, if such a connection can be drawn) were (or appeared) rather all-around capable. As far as nameless vampires ever can be.

A good episode. Seras being my favorite character of the show, it was a real fest.

Archangel
Wed, 12-30-2009, 05:47 PM
The Jiraya voiced vampire was pretty good

Logrus
Wed, 12-30-2009, 08:45 PM
Spawn of Alucaed/Alucard indeed

*Hellsing Ultimate OVA Thu, 12-31-2009 02:56 AM*
ALUCARD! YOU CAN'T EVEN SPELL HIS NAME RIGHT YOU FUCKING IDIOT!

Really Curious who got PMS over such a small miss spell.

Tsukasa
Sat, 07-17-2010, 08:36 PM
OVA 8 Release date is July 18th. Soon we will be satisfied.

Belial
Sun, 07-18-2010, 10:42 AM
OVA 8 Release date is July 18th. Soon we will be satisfied.

source ? raw ?

redcat
Tue, 10-05-2010, 05:46 PM
any word on this?

Archangel
Wed, 12-01-2010, 01:39 AM
I'd like to point out that the Bluray version that is now being released by DGz has a load of redrawn scenes

A little something to keep us warm till the mythical episode 8 comes around

Archangel
Sat, 01-01-2011, 05:08 PM
Hellsing Ultimate VIII trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3t5PzQVfHNM)

Coming Spring 2011

Kraco
Sat, 01-01-2011, 06:08 PM
Certainly something to look forward to. Let's hope a trailer means it indeed comes out in the spring and won't duke nukem itself to later times.

Marik
Wed, 07-13-2011, 09:15 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqccNMCsO6A

The official Japanese website of the Hellsing Ultimate video anime series posted a four-minute promotional video for the eighth volume on Monday. The video was originally posted on the YouTube service on Friday.

The eighth volume will ship in Japan on Blu-ray Disc and DVD on July 27 with a "petit anime" extra. The staff had previously scheduled the volume for June 22. The anime's staff cited the effects of the Great Eastern Japan Earthquake (Higashi Nihon Daishinsai) disaster on the already tight production schedule and the desire for retakes as reasons for the one-month delay.

The eighth volume of Hellsing Ultimate marks the beginning of the third and final season, which will have three volumes. The studios Graphinica and Kelmadick are animating the third season, after Satelight and MADHOUSE animated the previous ones. (GONZO animated the 2001-2002 television anime series that also adapted Kouta Hirano's Hellsing manga.) Geneon Entertainment (USA) Inc. once distributed both Hellsing anime projects, but Funimation is now distributing them.

Archangel
Wed, 07-13-2011, 09:28 AM
Fucking dammit, any further bumping of this thread that doesn't contain an actual episode link should be a bannable offense :(

NeoCybercoin
Wed, 07-13-2011, 02:50 PM
Got my hopes up for nothing...

Inazuma
Fri, 07-15-2011, 10:58 AM
Ok Archangel - Lock this thread until new content actually appears on the net

Buffalobiian
Tue, 08-02-2011, 09:01 AM
[Whine-subs]_Hellsing_Ultimate_OVA_08_[LQ][640x360][94F64814].mkv (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=torrentinfo&tid=233335)

LQ rip as described, but filled with awesomeness.

Lucifus
Wed, 08-03-2011, 01:30 AM
That was the most epic thing I have ever witnessed.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 08-03-2011, 07:54 AM
That was the most epic thing I have ever witnessed.

I'm just worried at how many lives Alucard's throwing away like that. Sure he's got heaps, but still... More efficent use of the magic bullet and such would have made him much more powerful, but probably less awesome.

It seems that he doesn't actually "lose" those lives, I don't think, since he's still kept them all after having been defeated twice.

shinta|hikari
Wed, 08-03-2011, 08:39 AM
Alucard does not die period

dragonrage
Wed, 08-03-2011, 07:48 PM
Alucard or Dracula devoured their body and souls, don't think their souls goes away that easily. Pretty awesome display of what Alucard is in his entirety and insight of how he views himself and "humans". He is not dead, because he is just that awesome and death or god can't claim him and well it is pretty much the end if he is so, he's not dead.

Sucks about Walter switching sides though (against his will or so it seems) He was one of the more likeable characters to Hellsing. He added charm, grace, maturity and even more insanity to the mix.

Looking forward to what happens next, hope it isn't a year before we get to see it though.

Inazuma
Sat, 08-06-2011, 11:42 AM
Waiting for HQ link ... Please hurry

Buffalobiian
Sat, 08-06-2011, 11:48 AM
Waiting for HQ link ... Please hurry

The HQ link will come when someone sees it and posts it. Otherwise, please limit posts to something containing episode discussions or their availability. Thanks.

Marik
Sun, 08-07-2011, 03:46 AM
[DGz] Hellsing Ultimate OVA - 08 [DVD][h264 AC3][3E32EA3E].mkv
(http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=234751)