PDA

View Full Version : why doesn't super freedom have a shield?

PTX-003C
Mon, 04-18-2005, 02:50 AM
someone asked me earlier why super freedom doesn't have a shield...
answer is.....it has the biggest shield ever...(if not counting I-Field)
look at that hole in super freedom's stomach...it's a energy reflecter!!!
and pay close attention to op3..when missles are shotting at super freedom...there's a blur of blue light
there goes the shield

Barumonk
Mon, 04-18-2005, 09:39 AM
Are you sure its mounted on its chest? I know Freedom has the type of shield your talking about, but I was under the impression that it was a chest cannon. Plus the Destiny gundam has been shown to use the same shield, except its only emitted from its hands - why would Freedom need one that big, and on its chest? If its on its chest its also not directional, if someone comes from the side then Freedom cant easily block them, and if someone comes in from behind Freedom would need to do a full 180 degree turn. Also, if its not a chest cannon then Freedom loses its 'alpha strike' where it can take down five targets at once. I realize Freedom is overpowered, but it would be an offensive downgrade and a defensive upgrade for a mobile suit that never gets hit anyway. Meh, I just don't believe the shield is mounted on its chest, or atleast I won't until I see it.

PTX-003C
Mon, 04-18-2005, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by: Barumonk
Are you sure its mounted on its chest? I know Freedom has the type of shield your talking about, but I was under the impression that it was a chest cannon. Plus the Destiny gundam has been shown to use the same shield, except its only emitted from its hands - why would Freedom need one that big, and on its chest? If its on its chest its also not directional, if someone comes from the side then Freedom cant easily block them, and if someone comes in from behind Freedom would need to do a full 180 degree turn. Also, if its not a chest cannon then Freedom loses its 'alpha strike' where it can take down five targets at once. I realize Freedom is overpowered, but it would be an offensive downgrade and a defensive upgrade for a mobile suit that never gets hit anyway. Meh, I just don't believe the shield is mounted on its chest, or atleast I won't until I see it.

it has to be...remember the phase where shinn went through the cave to shoot that positron cannon?
that huge unit has the same thing between it's front legs
also...noone can shoot freedom from it's side soon...cuz eternal is back...
another words...metear is back too...

Guardian_2000
Mon, 04-18-2005, 12:03 PM
Just because eternal is back. Remember it wasn't destroyed doesn't mean that the Meteor units that were destroyed are coming back. Although there may be an upgrade for those too now that Super Freedom uses a new power source. Perhaps they have discovered the Minovsky Particle. LOL

PTX-003C
Mon, 04-18-2005, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by: Guardian_2000
Just because eternal is back. Remember it wasn't destroyed doesn't mean that the Meteor units that were destroyed are coming back. Although there may be an upgrade for those too now that Super Freedom uses a new power source. Perhaps they have discovered the Minovsky Particle. LOL

remember athrun's metear...he just dumped it in space....
and i kinda doubt eternal can't make another metear since it can survive in space for so long...
if they can survive..means cagari prolly had sent them food and stuff in sometime..
if that is true...not hard to ask cagari to bring parts to rebuld metear..
remember is 2 years since the last war

Mite Gai
Mon, 04-18-2005, 05:34 PM
If you look at Freedom II in OP3 it has Wing Zero Custom-esque arm things so my guess is that both of those are going to bring up some sort of energy shield similar to the EA's MS they had guarding the Lohengrin cannon in Eurasia that probably only protects the front to attempt compensate for the loss of Freedom's shoulder cannons (those things on its hips are beam sabers. Also I think that in order to make up for the offensive loss they are going to give Freedom a cannon that is going to be a Buster version of Wing Zero's (due to the fact that the two beam rifles can be handled with the ease that Wing Zero handles its rifles) cannon with the power of a Lohengrin.

XForce
Mon, 04-18-2005, 09:29 PM
Actually, I think since the new Freedom has twin beam rifles, he can combine them into the super rifle that you see in the new opening title screen? Thats also entirely possible.
And about the shield, Kira doesn't need it anyways, he owns everyone without using his shield at all anyways

Roko
Mon, 04-18-2005, 10:07 PM
I think he needs the shield, especially if he's fighting EA's extended or a new super-powerful zaft mobile suit. If i remember correctly, he needed his shield vs the 3 extended in Seed and also Kruuze in the final battle. some people say that the shield will be generated by the two red things on the arms and another third point, probably on the head, since the shield's we've seen so far have been generated by several points (I think its 3 on both the EA mobile armors...don't remember tho). and the hole in the middle of Freedom, that is a chest cannon, not an energy reflector (if you want proof, read what I posted about the site and look at the site I posted in "Upcoming Events.... SEED Destiny Thoughts"

Mite Gai
Mon, 04-18-2005, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by: XForce
Actually, I think since the new Freedom has twin beam rifles, he can combine them into the super rifle that you see in the new opening title screen? Thats also entirely possible.
And about the shield, Kira doesn't need it anyways, he owns everyone without using his shield at all anyways

yeah thats what I said.

XForce
Mon, 04-18-2005, 10:11 PM
Yes I know you said that, but I'm just offering an explanation from where that beam rifle might come from, since in the OP you see he dual-wields the guns, then he has the huge beam rifle. So I'm just saying...

TeknoXI
Tue, 04-19-2005, 03:00 PM
I also agree that Kira doesn't need a shield since he just about owns everyone he meets. However, I do believe that Nu Freedom will some some type of shield somehow. If not, I'm guessing Kira will just pull out a beam saber and go Jedi Light Saber Action like he did when he fought Providence back in season 1.

Mite Gai
Tue, 04-19-2005, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by: XForce
Yes I know you said that, but I'm just offering an explanation from where that beam rifle might come from, since in the OP you see he dual-wields the guns, then he has the huge beam rifle. So I'm just saying...

o sry just didn't want anyone stealin my thunder.

NomoZ
Tue, 04-19-2005, 10:58 PM
From the red crystal on both forearms, my guess is that it has beam shields like from F91 and V gundam.

SOLDIER [X]
Wed, 04-20-2005, 01:05 AM
http://frost.fr.funpic.org/index.php?action=superfreedom

Roko
Wed, 04-20-2005, 01:58 AM
wow..I'm a frequent visitor to that site and yet I've never seen that before...so we all know what kind of shield Super Freedom will have now...a shield like the artemis one=ownage. invincible defense+more firepower=kira kicking ass

Mite Gai
Wed, 04-20-2005, 07:16 AM
YAY!! I WAS 100% CORRECT!!!! Nice find on the website.

PTX-003C
Wed, 04-20-2005, 10:40 PM
i highly doubt that is a chest cannon...
shooting high energy right under the cockpit is not that smart you know....

Roko
Wed, 04-20-2005, 10:42 PM
did you check MAHQ...? they are reliable as I said before, and they state that it is indeed a chest cannon...as for shooting high energy right under the cockpit, we've seen several MS's do that now

PTX-003C
Wed, 04-20-2005, 10:48 PM
i rather believe in New Type(japanese version), Denki Hobby or Hobby Japan...and i had experienced too many stupid missunderstanding with anime in english websites before...so.....blah...

XForce
Thu, 04-21-2005, 06:18 AM
Many other gundam models have a main chest cannon too, like Calamity from GSeed. It really is all the same, doesn't make much of a difference in an anime world =P

Deblas
Thu, 04-21-2005, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by: SOLDIER [X]
http://frost.fr.funpic.org/index.php?action=superfreedom

wow. The description says its limited to the pilot's physical endurance. Thats one powerful gundam. If kira owned everybody with freedom imaging what he could do with super freedom. Though I'm not to fond of the name. "Super". So original.

Anonyguy
Fri, 04-29-2005, 12:14 AM
Super Freedom beam shield

http://img254.echo.cx/img254/914/sfreedomkjustice5ya.jpg

Psyke
Fri, 04-29-2005, 07:39 AM
Cool. Reminds me of the beam shields used in F91 and V Gundam.

XForce
Fri, 04-29-2005, 02:08 PM
The new Justice's sword-shield thing reminds me of Deathscythe's shield, how a blade would come out when deployed.

jermicide
Fri, 04-29-2005, 05:09 PM
Knight Justice also has the laser-wing things that gaia has, I actually like both the new gundams.