PDA

View Full Version : Loveless

2:25
Mon, 04-18-2005, 01:23 AM
There are only two episodes subbed so far, but here are some points:

- A lot of guy to guy kissing
- Battle scenes are not very spectacular yet
- Okay plot line
- EXCELLENT drawings (the colors are a bit too light for my taste, but they fit in with the whole memory mood)

I think theres a manga too.

Short Plot Summary: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=4877

Official Site (in Japanese):
http://www.loveless.tv/

Aramis
Wed, 04-20-2005, 12:20 AM
cant say much about the story yet, it has potential. but the art and animation are superb, reason enough to watch this i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Mae
Fri, 04-22-2005, 08:00 AM
I don't know about this one. Art isn't bad, but the characters were not that appealing to me. Seems like they're trying just a little too hard, fitting everything they possibly can into the first ep to try and hook people. Didn't work that well.

Xollence
Fri, 04-22-2005, 11:21 AM
Alot of guy to guy kissing? I'm not even gonna bother with this series.

Mut
Fri, 04-22-2005, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by: 2-25
- A lot of guy to guy kissing
- Battle scenes are not very spectacular yet
- Okay plot line
- EXCELLENT drawings (the colors are a bit too light for my taste, but they fit in with the whole memory mood)
Sounds pretty shitty.

2:25
Fri, 04-22-2005, 09:14 PM
This show brings out the small chunk of fan girl in me.

Loveless 3 is out, subbed by Suck, and this episode finally convinced me to stick with the rest of this series.

Mae, I totally get what you mean by this show tries too hard. It annoys me how the guy hits on the kid like every 5 mins.

Anyway, comedy reliefs have finally appeared, and the animation itself is still excellent quality with a kick ass beautiful ending song. It looks high budget, consists quite a few recurring motifs that I'm sure we are all familiar with (water: rain, tears, waves, butterflies, the cherry blossom scene) and relies a lot on colors and sounds to establish the mood. Flashbacks are done wonderfully and they're not too long either. One of the things I really appreciate is that this anime tries to bring passion out of common everyday stuff (watch episode 3 and you'll know what I'm talking about).

So sweet precious Gotwoot members, who will follow this anime with me?

Hikyuu
Mon, 07-18-2005, 10:49 AM
OMG ;.; only 12 EPS >< what am I supposed to do without my catboi fix ;-;.. rawr...